The ultimate chocolate bar competition.

The ultimate chocolate bar competition.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
18 Jun 20

Here's the rules, list your 3 favorite chocolate bars and I will create a random knockout style tournament bracket from all the entrants in order to determine which chocolate bar is crowned the king of the chocolate bar land.

I'll create a poll for every chocolate bar match-up in order to determine which advances into the next round.

SRB

Moves
18 Jun 20

@trev33 said
Here's the rules, list your 3 favorite chocolate bars and I will create a random knockout style tournament bracket from all the entrants in order to determine which chocolate bar is crowned the king of the chocolate bar land.

I'll create a poll for every chocolate bar match-up in order to determine which advances into the next round.
Don't want to be picky but where do you stand on caramel coated wafers, types of toffees etc. Are we talking strict interpretation of chocolate bar or something more modern and laissez faire?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Jun 20

@trev33 said

1. Texas bar (No longer exists)
2. Lion bar
3. Twirl

Gothenburg

Moves
18 Jun 20

@petewxyz said
Don't want to be picky but where do you stand on caramel coated wafers, types of toffees etc. Are we talking strict interpretation of chocolate bar or something more modern and laissez faire?
If we could have a variety of chocolates to choose from, it would be easier. I don't know the English names, but a description would give me a clue what they are.

Moves
18 Jun 20

@petewxyz said
If it has chocolate and it's in your top 3 in makes the tournament.

Moves
18 Jun 20

American Bars:
- Heath
- Hershey's Milk Chocolate
- 100,000 Dollar

SRB

Moves
18 Jun 20

@torunn said
If we could have a variety of chocolates to choose from, it would be easier. I don't know the English names, but a description would give me a clue what they are.
I shall provide you with descriptions and stories as well.

1. Tunnock's Caramel Bar. The wafer has just been softened to the right amount by the chewy but not too chewy caramel layers, all coated in chocolate. It's a decent sized chunky rectangular bar. This has been my half time bar for many years and a few years back in an early round of the league cup I found I was sat next to a Glasgow Rangers fan whose daughter lived in Liverpool. He worked for Tunnocks! I listened sympathetically as he told me about Rangers' relegation to the bottom tier of Scottish football. Turned out he had the same seat again for the next round of the cup and he turned up with a new version of the caramel bar in case we met again.

2. The Marks and Spencer's Belgian champagne truffle. A round chocolate coated truffle with better quality chocolate than the more familiar Thornton's version imo (apologies to Badradger). I discovered them when my wife was given some for her birthday and ended up helping her out more than she had intended (as I later discovered). I had previously only used M&S as my underwear tailor.

3. The Mars Bar. It's a cliche but this is just raw energy. A gorgeous mixture of chocolate and caramel which was the go to bar when I was a more serious runner. Big enough to make a real difference!

Über-Nerd

Moves
18 Jun 20
1 edit

1. https://www.laderach.com/shop/en/catalog/product/view/id/252/s/blackberry/category/99/

When you've had this, you won't care about second or third place.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Jun 20

1. Bounty
2. Club
3. Picnic

Moves
18 Jun 20

1. Fry's chocolate cream
2. Toblerone
3. Star bar

Moves
18 Jun 20

@torunn said
Get your Swedish bars in, if I don't know a bar I'm going to google it and vote for the one which looks the best.

Moves
18 Jun 20

I ate them when I was younger but I don't really care for that kind of factory product these days.

So: none of the above. I don't even eat dark chocolate now.

Moves
18 Jun 20

@trev33 said
Get your Swedish bars in, if I don't know a bar I'm going to google it and vote for the one which looks the best.
There is a Swedish chocolate bar called Plopp. Just sayin'.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Jun 20

@wolfgang59 said
1. Bounty
2. Club
3. Picnic
Bounty?!

😴

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Jun 20
2 edits

Don't be shy ask for a cherry blossom! πŸ˜‰ The Candy by the way not the flower! πŸ˜‰

-VR