The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Oct 21

@torunn said
Right, James Bond is a man and shall stay that way. I'll help myself to a glass of chilled white wine before bedtime, it's late here, past midnight.
Yes, and you should be in bed all tucked in! 😉

Only around 7:15 p.m. here.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
06 Oct 21

@very-rusty said
Yes, and you should be in bed all tucked in! 😉

Only around 7:15 p.m. here.

-VR
Didn't fall asleep until 3am, still thinking about the movie. It's a great production.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
06 Oct 21

@torunn said
I hope they have chosen a male actor - a woman would have to create a totally different character, not what I would like.
Michaela Cole would cut it. Really strong woman who acted in a TV series she wrote called - I May Destroy You.

https://www.vulture.com/article/michaela-coel-i-may-destroy-you.html

Moves
06 Oct 21

The last, and only,James Bond film I saw was Dr. No but the latest one sounds, from reading about it in the paper, good. I may, when it comes out in VHS, rent it.👍

Gothenburg

Moves
06 Oct 21

@drewnogal said
Michaela Cole would cut it. Really strong woman who acted in a TV series she wrote called - I May Destroy You.

https://www.vulture.com/article/michaela-coel-i-may-destroy-you.html
True Drew. and they can make a new character for a female actress and it would certainly be appreciated. But James Bond has been so loved for being a male agent with license to kill in different versions, the latest one being my absolute favorite. 😍

Gothenburg

Moves
06 Oct 21

@great-big-stees said
The last, and only,James Bond film I saw was Dr. No but the latest one sounds, from reading about it in the paper, good. I may, when it comes out in VHS, rent it.👍
I think this film, as well as the other Bond films, should be seen on a big screen. - but bring ear plugs if you are sensitive. 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Oct 21

@great-big-stees said
It does eventually come to T.V. after it has been everywhere else of course.

-VR

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
06 Oct 21

@great-big-stees said
VHS, now that takes me back a bit. 😮

Moves
06 Oct 21

@drewnogal said
VHS, now that takes me back a bit. 😮
I thought Betamax was the winner but I was wrong. Know anyone who wants one?🤔

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
07 Oct 21

@great-big-stees said
I thought Betamax was the winner but I was wrong. Know anyone who wants one?🤔
I hung onto mine until about 2 years ago for a much loved video by a favourite TV gardener, Geoff Hamilton in Paradise Gardens. He sadly suddenly died in a charity cycle ride in his 50’s 😢

On the subject of absent favourites who exactly is now managing this place?? Would be a shame if it went out of business?

Gothenburg

Moves
07 Oct 21

@drewnogal said
I hung onto mine until about 2 years ago for a much loved video by a favourite TV gardener, Geoff Hamilton in Paradise Gardens. He sadly suddenly died in a charity cycle ride in his 50’s 😢

On the subject of absent favourites who exactly is now managing this place?? Would be a shame if it went out of business?
Do you think it might?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
07 Oct 21

@torunn said
Do you think it might?
It looks a bit iffy right now. Maybe do a performance review? How many customers are popping in each day and how often does Stees help himself to a free dram?

SRB

Moves
07 Oct 21

@torunn said
Do you think it might?
Not if the breakfasts remain as good. I'll have a full English and a mug of tea please.

Gothenburg

Moves
07 Oct 21

@relentless-red said
Not if the breakfasts remain as good. I'll have a full English and a mug of tea please.
Coming right up. What kind of tea do you prefer?

Gothenburg

Moves
07 Oct 21

@drewnogal said
It looks a bit iffy right now. Maybe do a performance review? How many customers are popping in each day and how often does Stees help himself to a free dram?
Stees' free drams tend to increase - do we see that as a problem maybe? Can that explain his angry emojis lately?