The Grampy Bobby Forum

The Grampy Bobby Forum

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
18 Sep 12

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Spam: english breakfast meat in cans.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Sep 12

The post that was quoted here has been removed
http://www.industryreview.org/opinion/5-different-types-of-spammers

Take note of 3 and 4, pretty similar. There are plenty of ways to spam, it's like having a picture of a snow flake in a dictionary... you can't say "EVERY" snow flake is going to look like this one.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Sep 12

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Pst!
I noted the same thing myself but between you and I...can we keep this "our" secret? Perhaps I should try to contact Russ and see if there's a way I could change my name to, say, Pussynoshslim.
Between you and ME. You're over correcting.

P-

Moves
18 Sep 12

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Between you and ME. You're over correcting.

P-
*LOL* Who asked you anyway? Oh hell, I thought I'd sent that as a PM.πŸ™„

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Sep 12

Who's grampy bobby?

Read a book!

Moves
18 Sep 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Who's grampy bobby?
One of Mikey's friends.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Sep 12
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester

Who's grampy bobby?
Not just a friend but Mikey's very best and onliest friend, Dive. Thanks for asking. By the way, the one thing Mikey wants for Christmas, more than anything else in the whole world, is an old fashioned juke box for his bedroom. Little shaver loves music and has been saving quarters in a Chock Full of Nuts coffee tin for two years now. The other much smaller stocking gift he would like is a nice, clean previously used crockpot. His letter to Santa Claus contained a hastily scribbed postscript which said, "Hold the instruction booklet, SC. I can't read".

😞

m

Moves
19 Sep 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Not just a friend but Mikey's very best and onliest friend, Dive. Thanks for asking. By the way, the one thing Mikey wants for Christmas, more than anything else in the whole world, is an old fashioned juke box for his bedroom. Little shaver loves music and has been saving quarters in a Chock Full of Nuts coffee tin for two years now. The other much sma ...[text shortened]... tily scribbed postscript which said, "Hold the instruction booklet, SC. I can't read".

😞
It is so simple. Just start a blog. There are hundreds of blog tools and sites. Nothing you say has anything do to with chess. This could be a knitting website or a roller skating website or any group of people with similar interest. You don't care. Every one one of your threads or posts are about you and things that interest you. That is a blog.

That is not a criticism - it is the general forum - so you are following the rules. But why? Why would anyone think the forum they choose to spend their time in is better when they dominate the threads with their links and their abstract thoughts?

It is a narcissistic and does not benefit the group.

If 20 people regularly contribute to this forum - it seems that each person's contribution would be more or less be 1/20th.

But GB needs 40-50% of all the flow.

Frankly the GF was better when GB was banned.

That is not personal - I don't know Bobby. Never met him. Seems like a nice enough bloke.

By my opinion is that the GF is better when he is banned.

Start a blog and let us all know the URL. I will follow - at least at the start and as long as you keep it interesting.

m

Australia

Moves
19 Sep 12

And further to that, the RHP blogosphere has been pretty much monopolised by our friend greenpawn talking chess, with a few interruptions from Swiss Gambit and two different names on the earliest ones. If more of the RHP fraternity wanted to write blogs it could only be good for the site.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
19 Sep 12
2 edits

Originally posted by mercurial

It is so simple. Just start a blog. There are hundreds of blog tools and sites. Nothing you say has anything do to with chess. This could be a knitting website or a roller skating website or any group of people with similar interest. You don't care. Every one one of your threads or posts are about you and things that interest you. That is a blog.

know the URL. I will follow - at least at the start and as long as you keep it interesting.

m
Always appreciate honesty from a thoughtful guy or gal (or even a child). Seems people threaten so easily that it's rare nowadays. One question: Wouldn't your bottom line assessment...

"Every one of your threads or posts are about you and things that interest you."

... apply generally to most all frequent and infrequent public forum posters? If not, wouldn't new thread content be limited to me-too tripe, criticisms of others, petty rants and trivial news of the day?

Thanks for weighing in, for contributing an objective probe and for generating more light than heat. By the way, I enjoyed our recent chess game much more than you probably know. gb

m

Moves
19 Sep 12

Always appreciate honesty from a thoughtful guy or gal (or even a child). Seems people threaten so easily that it's rare nowadays. One question: Wouldn't your bottom line assessment...

[b]"Every one of your threads or posts are about you and things that interest you."

... apply generally to most all frequent and infrequent public forum poster ...[text shortened]... han light. By the way, I enjoyed our recent chess game much more than you probably know. gb[/b]
Bobby I enjoyed our game too. Send another one over ( I may get you this time - I am reading up πŸ™‚). You are both in my Buddies list and my Ignore list. You seem like such a nice guy when you are not talking.

It's not you - it is the medium.

Start a blog. Kewpie was right. Your blog would be welcome, as it would fill a need/niche.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
19 Sep 12
1 edit

Grampy's Bloggy
Me likey

I do think the public fora are just that though.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
19 Sep 12

[b]"Every one of your threads or posts are about you and things that interest you."

... apply generally to most all frequent and infrequent public forum poster ...[text shortened]... than heat. By the way, I enjoyed our recent chess game much more than you probably know. gb[/b]
What a total windbag. Nobody is threatened by you. You need a good home invasion to give you some idea of what a threat really is.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
19 Sep 12

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
What a total windbag. Nobody is threatened by you. You need a good home invasion to give you some idea of what a threat really is.
My doors are locked for your protection, not mine.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
19 Sep 12
4 edits

Originally posted by mercurial

know the URL. I will follow - at least at the start and as long as you keep it interesting.

m
Mercurial, a few final thoughts. RHP Public forum threads are, in a way, reverse reflections of life itself: 1) Most suffering stillbirth and and dead by the age of 21 (58); 2) Many living out normal lives to expire somewhere between the ages of 22 and 99 (23). 3) A few surviving to the ripe old age of 100 + years, dying of natural causes then (9). Parenthetical numbers are snapshots of the present life expectancy of threads on the RHP General Forum, pages 1-3 (90 total). For what it's worth, mine total 13 on the same three pages: 1) Stillborn and dead before the age of 21 (7). 2) Four (4) expiring somewhere between the ages of 22 and 99; 3) Two (2) surviving to the ripe old age of 100 + years, dying then of fatigue and other natural causes.

Reluctant to presume to draw too many conclusions with such limited point in time data. Suppose we could observe that these forums are self sustaining by reason of the renewal of self purging (dying of their own weight or lack of legs). Also that, in their wisdom, Russ & Chris insured rebirth by prohibiting self serving posts to a member's own threads (or threads of friends) to keep the page one ob/gyn delivery room open for biz 24/7 rather than allowing it to become an unattractive morgue filled with the stink of dead soldiers and pink infants rotting away in the slow, smokeless burning of decay.

There was another thought or two which now escape me. Sorry. Guess it's time to return to my sleepy pillow and call it a day. gb