1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Dec '19 19:21
    @torunn said
    To start with, I think Stees should claim wins in timeout games - it's not unsportsmanlike or unfriendly, it's part of the game. Unless of course your opponent has asked for your permission to wait. If it doesn't matter if you win or lose, then it's not an interesting game, to me anyway.
    I like to stick to taking my skulls and letting others do as they see fit. Sometimes Stees is just to nice a guy! 😉

-VR
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Dec '19 19:23
    @torunn said
    To start with, I think Stees should claim wins in timeout games - it's not unsportsmanlike or unfriendly, it's part of the game. Unless of course your opponent has asked for your permission to wait. If it doesn't matter if you win or lose, then it's not an interesting game, to me anyway.
    Games can be interesting in different ways, perhaps interesting moves or interesting banter.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Dec '19 19:26
    @great-big-stees said
    Games can be interesting in different ways, perhaps interesting moves or interesting banter.
    I always make mistakes when I chat and play so stick to playing the game.....ok I still make mistakes but can't blame it on the chat. If I want to chat that is what the P.M. feature is for. 😉

-VR
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Dec '19 20:052 edits
    @very-rusty said
    I always make mistakes when I chat and play so stick to playing the game.....ok I still make mistakes but can't blame it on the chat. If I want to chat that is what the P.M. feature is for. 😉

-VR
    I love to chat in games where I don't expect to win or even draw, my opponents obviously can do both. I can only do either or. 🙂
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Dec '19 20:11
    @torunn said
    I love to chat in games where I don't expect to win or even draw, my opponents obviously can do both. I can only do either or. 🙂
    I may have chatted with you in a few games now that I think about it! 😉 It was stuck to short conversation though.

-VR
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Dec '19 20:222 edits
    @very-rusty said
    I may have chatted with you in a few games now that I think about it! 😉 It was stuck to short conversation though.

-VR
    And I lost, didn't I? 🙂

But Stees is right, we play for different reasons. And we enjoy what we do.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Dec '19 20:43
    @torunn said
    And I lost, didn't I? 🙂

But Stees is right, we play for different reasons. And we enjoy what we do.
    I don't really recall now but I believe we only played 4 games, I remember one of them we got stuck in a draw!! I will look it up afterwards to be sure, if not I am sure someone will point it out to me, they are good like that here! 😉

-VR
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Dec '19 20:44
    @very-rusty said
    I don't really recall now but I believe we only played 4 games, I remember one of them we got stuck in a draw!! I will look it up afterwards to be sure, if not I am sure someone will point it out to me, they are good like that here! 😉

-VR
    I'm proud if we did draw, good of me. 🙂
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Dec '19 12:58
    @torunn said
    I'm proud if we did draw, good of me. 🙂
    I did check and yes it was good of you to stick me with a draw! 🙂

-VR
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Dec '19 13:56
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    My priorities in playing chess are with the banter and to that I will stick.
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    28 Dec '19 14:151 edit
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Most often, when I play a better player, I do ok the first game, and then if there are more, I do worse. Let us try again some time. 🙂 You are welcome too, Stees.
  12. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '19 16:06
    I'll stick a thought in here.
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Dec '19 12:37
    @billyray said
    I'll stick a thought in here.
    Apparently the thought got stuck...I think. 😉
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Dec '19 13:39
    @torunn said
    Most often, when I play a better player, I do ok the first game, and then if there are more, I do worse. Let us try again some time. 🙂 You are welcome too, Stees.
    They were actually 4 clan games so our Clan Leaders actually set them up. I'll play anyone I am paired up with as I am stuck with it, I never complain. Well about that anyways, before everyone jumps in here! 😉

-VR
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Dec '19 14:21
    @very-rusty said
    They were actually 4 clan games so our Clan Leaders actually set them up. I'll play anyone I am paired up with as I am stuck with it, I never complain. Well about that anyways, before everyone jumps in here! 😉

-VR
    I wondered, for a while, if I should stick my nose in here and seriously thought no, but as is evident. I did. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree