1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 18:38
    @torunn said
    What people...?
    Planners, you know those who sit down and chart every bit of the touring experience and are unable to NOT stick to that plan.
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 18:40
    @great-big-stees said
    Planners, you know those who sit down and chart every bit of the touring experience and are unable to NOT stick to that plan.
    I'm a bit of both I think - but I refuse to stick anything anywhere.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 18:44
    @torunn said
    I'm a bit of both I think - but I refuse to stick anything anywhere.
    I have to admit that I do stick to a "general" plan...you know, I'm leaving from here and heading there but since there are so many ways to get from here to there, let's just "go with the flow".
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 18:461 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    I have to admit that I do stick to a "general" plan...you know, I'm leaving from here and heading there but since there are so many ways to get from here to there, let's just "go with the flow".
    In that case I agree, as I'm often lost in new places, and that takes me inadvertently in various directions.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 18:51
    @torunn said
    In that case I agree, as I'm often lost in new places, and that takes me inadvertently in various directions.
    By doing that and eventually "finding your way", doesn't that stick with you?
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 18:57
    @great-big-stees said
    By doing that and eventually "finding your way", doesn't that stick with you?
    Sometimes perhaps, but I'm used to living without a mental compass. So I mostly have to stick to roads and places where I have been Before.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 19:03
    @torunn said
    Sometimes perhaps, but I'm used to living without a mental compass. So I mostly have to stick to roads and places where I have been Before.
    Well, my dear torunn, if that works for ya, stick with it.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 20:31
    @torunn said
    I don't know if sticking to that is good. If you don't explore and go off the roads you know and to other places I think you are missing out on things in life.

-VR
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 20:35
    @very-rusty said
    I don't know if sticking to that is good. If you don't explore and go off the roads you know and to other places I think you are missing out on things in life.

-VR
    I know what you mean - I travel abroad a couple of times every year but preferably to places I feel comfortable with. I usually stick to big cities where people speak a language I know, such as English.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 21:12
    @torunn said
    I know what you mean - I travel abroad a couple of times every year but preferably to places I feel comfortable with. I usually stick to big cities where people speak a language I know, such as English.
    I see why you stick to that, hard when you only speak one language. Not impossible to communicate with people now. Many people speak English as a second language. It is fun getting to know different cultures and races, I know I've been fortunate that way.

-VR
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 21:19
    @very-rusty said
    I see why you stick to that, hard when you only speak one language. Not impossible to communicate with people now. Many people speak English as a second language. It is fun getting to know different cultures and races, I know I've been fortunate that way.

-VR
    English is my second language and German my third. My first is Swedish of course. 🙂
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 21:24
    @torunn said
    English is my second language and German my third. My first is Swedish of course. 🙂
    Well this got kind of sticky for me. You actually speak 1 more language than I do. 😉

-VR
  13. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 07:39
    I'm sticking to one language. I'm trying to learn English.
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 11:16
    @coquette said
    I'm sticking to one language. I'm trying to learn English.
    Language is the sticky nectar of human communication: Grammar and punctuation are its spice.
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 11:30
    @very-rusty said
    Well this got kind of sticky for me. You actually speak 1 more language than I do. 😉

-VR
    I practically never speak German now, but I used it frequently in my early years as secretary, so if I refresh it, all might come back. And as we stick to subtitles in all foreign films and TV programmes in Sweden, we never really lose touch.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree