Sticky Thread Game

Sticky Thread Game

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19 Aug 20

@great-big-stees said
He obviously was a master driller and knew that if and when something like that happened he'd know exactly where not to drill, so I'll stick with skilled, not lucky.
So he must have had surgical knowledge like a doctor if that is the reason you have. 😉 Hey, stick to it!!1

-VR

Australia

Moves
20 Aug 20

@very-rusty said
So he must have had surgical knowledge like a doctor if that is the reason you have. 😉 Hey, stick to it!!1

-VR
Remembering the sound before they gave him the morphine, I'm very sure he didn't actually plan to stick his hand in front of the drill.
After the event he seemed to think it was all worth it though, because he could tell the story and show the scars.
What would you be willing to do to get your 15 minutes of fame?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Aug 20

@kewpie said
Remembering the sound before they gave him the morphine, I'm very sure he didn't actually plan to stick his hand in front of the drill.
After the event he seemed to think it was all worth it though, because he could tell the story and show the scars.
Certainly not stick a drill in my hand, not to mention how stupid it would be. Obviously not intentional! 😉

-VR

Australia

Moves
20 Aug 20

@very-rusty said
Certainly not stick a drill in my hand, not to mention how stupid it would be. Obviously not intentional! 😉

-VR
I don't want to have my 15 minutes of fame, but if I did I'd choose a less painful way to stick my name on the board.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Aug 20

@kewpie said
I don't want to have my 15 minutes of fame, but if I did I'd choose a less painful way to stick my name on the board.
I like to do things quietly behind the scenes, that is kind of the motto I stick to. 🙂

-VR

SRB

Moves
20 Aug 20

@kewpie said
I was working in an engineering office right next to a CNC steel drilling machine when its operator touched the wrong pedal and drilled straight through his hand with a half-inch bit. A week later he was back at work with full use of his hand. How he managed to stick it through without touching a single nerve, tendon or bone is completely beyond me.
Years ago I was working on a sewing machine with a button foot sewing buttons on to fake pockets in skirts. You worked fast pushing they next button in between finger and thumb as the foot went down and withdrawing your finger literally as you started to sew. Long story short the lad on the next machine put the needle through his finger. Through the finger nail at the centre and out the finger on the other side.

He had withdrawn his hand in pain and the needle had broken so he turned to me with the needle sticking out either side of his finger asking me somewhat enthusiastically to pull it out. I pulled it out for him. With hindsight I don't remember checking which side was the thin end of the needle so it was a 50/50 chance and I got lucky! I suppose it was probably intuitive to go for the right end.

No blood to speak of. It's surprising what you can get away with if you don't hit a vein, an artery or a nerve.

(I feel obligated to add never pull foreign bodies out of rounds before you get to hospital. Situations that could have gone fine deteriorate fast if a blade slices an artery on the way out. A needle with no edge at the tip of the finger is a fairly unique situation from that point of view.)

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Aug 20

@petewxyz said
Years ago I was working on a sewing machine with a button foot sewing buttons on to fake pockets in skirts. You worked fast pushing they next button in between finger and thumb as the foot went down and withdrawing your finger literally as you started to sew. Long story short the lad on the next machine put the needle through his finger. Through the finger nail at the centre ...[text shortened]... needle with no edge at the tip of the finger is a fairly unique situation from that point of view.)
A very lucky sticky incident!

-VR

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
20 Aug 20

@kewpie said
Stick a drill through someone else’s hand, that should do it, at the very least I’d make the court section of the local paper.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Aug 20

@kevcvs57 said
Stick a drill through someone else’s hand, that should do it, at the very least I’d make the court section of the local paper.
Court could get a bit sticky for you! 😉

-VR

Moves
21 Aug 20

@very-rusty said
Court could get a bit sticky for you! 😉

-VR
Indeed, they (courts) sometimes stick you with a fine or even jail time.

Gothenburg

Moves
21 Aug 20

@great-big-stees said
Indeed, they (courts) sometimes stick you with a fine or even jail time.
Even in Spain...? 🙂

Moves
21 Aug 20

@torunn said
Even in Spain...? 🙂
Yes, for me, especially Spain. 🤔 😉

Gothenburg

Moves
21 Aug 20

@great-big-stees said
Yes, for me, especially Spain. 🤔 😉
But now your Sturm und Drang days are over...? 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Aug 20

@torunn said
But now your Sturm und Drang days are over...? 🙂
He takes me as the type of person who could still get stuck in trouble. Just look at those eyes!

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
21 Aug 20

@very-rusty said
He takes me as the type of person who could still get stuck in trouble. Just look at those eyes!

-VR
Quite right, wouldn't trust him for a second. I stick to my side of the board. 🙂