Sound or Vision

Sound or Vision

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

Last year of life ~ you're housebound, so mobility no longer so important. Somehow, a choice between hearing and sight is presented to you; which faculty would you want to keep - and which one would you be prepared to do without?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Last year of life ~ you're housebound, so mobility no longer so important. Somehow, a choice between hearing and sight is presented to you; which faculty would you want to keep - and which one would you be prepared to do without?
Keep vision. No question.

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by divegeester
The "no question" instruction rather stymies my usual posting style. 😠

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
14 Feb 16
1 edit

In "Love in the times of cholera" Garcia Marquez starts with the story of a
photographer who one day, while relaxing naked on the beach next to his
girlfriend, having had sex and feeling incredibly well, decides to kill himself
in his 50th birthday, his rough estimation of when life is just decline and starts
taking things away from you. And he does. If I recall the novel correctly, he
mixes the photo revealing liquids, closes the windows of his hut, and goes for a
nap.

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by divegeester
I could cope without reading and films (with subtitles) if it meant I could have conversation, music and audio books/magazines.

Australia

Moves
14 Feb 16

Having now reached the stage where both hearing and vision are impaired, I'd have to go with the poster who chose to keep vision.

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by Kewpie
Having now reached the stage where both hearing and vision are impaired, I'd have to go with the poster who chose to keep vision.
Oh dear, I would struggle without music. πŸ™

Note: if my wife should happen to come in within the next hour and look over my shoulder, I will quickly modify this post to say:

Oh dear, I would struggle without conversation. πŸ™

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Feb 16

For me, life would be difficult without hearing, impossible without vision. (Even in the scenario given).

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
15 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
I think I could cope with both.

But it would be torture to choose.

F

Moves
18 Feb 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
For me, life would be difficult without hearing, impossible without vision. (Even in the scenario given).
What if you lived in a bungalow and you knew where everything was and there were no sharp corners or unexpected things left on the floor?

Moves
19 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
I could cope without reading and films (with subtitles) if it meant I could have conversation, music and audio books/magazines.
I agree. The pictures of life before the loss of sight would be ingrained in your brain and maybe/likely sounds would help bring them to your minds eye.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
19 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
What if you lived in a bungalow and you knew where everything was and there were no sharp corners or unexpected things left on the floor?
Sir, i would never live in a bungalow.

F

Moves
21 Feb 16

Sir, i would never live in a bungalow.
How would you get by without conversation?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
21 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
How would you get by without conversation?
Does one have to live in a bungalow to get conversation?

F

Moves
21 Feb 16

Does one have to live in a bungalow to get conversation?
I was referring back to "For me, life would be difficult without hearing, impossible without vision" but I replied to your more recent post.