1. Standard memberDustin
    HOTSAUCE
    L Town
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 11:05
    I recently upgraded to Windows 10 (go figure they create a Windows 11) and I'm trying to upload a photo to my avatar. Here's my problem… When I click on "choose a file" it brings up my Windows and when I type in the keyword it shows that nothing is there. But, if I click start and go to documents it shows all of my files. I did notice when I do that it highlights the "my PC" tab. So thinking I'm smart now I retry my efforts and still to no eval. Mind you when I open the file it shows up in my Window Screen but not any other especially when I'm trying to attach a file. Why does it show up in one format and not the other? And why won't it let me attach the damn thing?
    Windows 7 was so much simpler

Thanks,
    The Computer Illiterate 😞
  2. Joined
    08 Sep '20
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 12:501 edit
    @dustin said
    I recently upgraded to Windows 10 (go figure they create a Windows 11) and I'm trying to upload a photo to my avatar. Here's my problem… When I click on "choose a file" it brings up my Windows and when I type in the keyword it shows that nothing is there. But, if I click start and go to documents it shows all of my files. I did notice when I do that it highlights the "my PC" t ...[text shortened]... let me attach the damn thing?

Thanks,
    The basic route to finding files hasn’t changed. Do what you did before but instead of typing the file name in the bar, locate the folder where the desired image is kept and then just scroll through the files in there until you find the one you want.

Hope this helps.
  3. Standard memberDustin
    HOTSAUCE
    L Town
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 13:003 edits
    @Mercury
    I've tried that. I even tried to send a picture via email and it didn't go through. I can see the photo when I click on the file but for whatever reason I cannot send it nor can I attach it to an avatar on a different forum. Maybe it's my laptop? I don't know but this is incredibly frustrating. Something that should be so easy to do eludes me.
    Thanks for your help though!
    Note: I use the Dragon NaturallySpeaking software so I wonder if that has something to do with that as well? The previous versions didn't have this problem. Also I forgot to mention that I downloaded a picture from Facebook and I am able to share/attach it. How come doing it that way works?
  4. Joined
    08 Sep '20
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 13:12
    @dustin said
    @Mercury
    I've tried that. I even tried to send a picture via email and it didn't go through. I can see the photo when I click on the file but for whatever reason I cannot send it nor can I attach it to an avatar on a different forum. Maybe it's my laptop? I don't know but this is incredibly frustrating. Something that should be so easy to do eludes me.
    Thanks for your help t ...[text shortened]... wnloaded a picture from Facebook and I am able to share/attach it. How come doing it that way works?
    Is the picture you have downloaded in the same folder as the other photos/pictures?
  5. Standard memberDustin
    HOTSAUCE
    L Town
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 13:171 edit
    @Mercury
    That's just it. It only shows up as a download. I haven't been able to figure out how to download a document that contains the photo.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 13:27
    @dustin said
    I recently upgraded to Windows 10 (go figure they create a Windows 11) and I'm trying to upload a photo to my avatar. Here's my problem… When I click on "choose a file" it brings up my Windows and when I type in the keyword it shows that nothing is there. But, if I click start and go to documents it shows all of my files. I did notice when I do that it highlights the "my PC" t ...[text shortened]... let me attach the damn thing?

Thanks,
    still running windows 7 the wifes on 10 I think its crap.
  7. Joined
    08 Sep '20
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 13:50
    @dustin said
    @Mercury
    That's just it. It only shows up as a download. I haven't been able to figure out how to download a document that contains the photo.
    Try moving the photo from downloads into the photos folder and see if you can select it from there.

Alternatively save it to your desktop and try from there.
  8. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 14:31
    try turning off all ad blockers and firewalls, just while you're sending the avatar...
  9. Standard memberDustin
    HOTSAUCE
    L Town
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 14:55
    @Mercury
    Okay… I dragged that damn thing to both document tabs and picture tabs and neither one of them would allow them to pop up when I tried to click on the files. It's saved to Word do you think that could be the problem?
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 15:16
    @dustin said
    It's saved to Word do you think that could be the problem?
    That's almost certainly the problem. The photo has to be extracted from the Word file and saved as its own separate image file.

Per the RHP image-upload page: "All uploaded images must be in either PNG, GIF or JPG format."

On your PC, open the Word file that contains the photo (using Word, of course).
    Right-click on the photo and "Save as Picture".
    Select a location and name for the new file to be created, and be sure to save it as PNG, GIF, or JPG.

Afterwards you should be able to upload the photo (newly saved file) to RHP.
  11. Standard memberDustin
    HOTSAUCE
    L Town
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 15:211 edit
    @ogb
    I tried that too. Every time I click on the photo it opens up the Microsoft Window template. I don't get it. What a pain in the ass!

It has to be something with the Microsoft Window. I even tried to screenshot it and yet that didn't work either. When it pops up in the Microsoft Window I can't figure out how to download it or transfer it or anything in between
  12. Standard memberDustin
    HOTSAUCE
    L Town
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 15:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Standard memberDustin
    HOTSAUCE
    L Town
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 15:59
    @Kevin-Eleven
    You are a genius my friend. It totally worked. Crappy thing is now have a lot of files that I need to convert but that's okay because now I know how to do it. Did I mention I was computer illiterate?
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 16:20
    @dustin said
    @Kevin-Eleven
    You are a genius my friend. It totally worked. Crappy thing is now have a lot of files that I need to convert but that's okay because now I know how to do it. Did I mention I was computer illiterate?
    Glad it worked!
    And now you are somewhat more computer literate. 😉
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 19:05
    In future, posting this kind of problem to the Help forum should get you more replies and possibly help from the admins.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree