Sod's Law ~ the fine print

Sod's Law ~ the fine print

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRB

Moves
12 Jan 21

@fmf said
I am compelled to keep plugging in USB things, yes. I am, of course, talking about when I try to do so blind. I obviously don't get them upside down when I check first.
I get them upside down when I check first. I think the orientation of the socket varies from one device to another so I should check the socket and not the symbol on the plug, but I check the wrong thing.

F

Moves
12 Jan 21

@relentless-red said
I get them upside down when I check first. I think the orientation of the socket varies from one device to another so I should check the socket and not the symbol on the plug, but I check the wrong thing.
Plugging them in after checking is not a problem at all. I always get it right if I check first. The Instance Of Sod's Law in the OP ~ "when I try to plug in a USB cable or flash disk, I have it upside down [about 90% of the time]" ~ is when I try to plug them in blind. If that wasn't clear, I apologize.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
12 Jan 21

There are loads of pens around my home. But whenever I need one to add to the shopping list or take a note from the phone call, they're all hiding and the one I blue-tacked to the wall, next to the list, works for the first few letters in a frustrating turn of events. Lulling me into thinking I won't have to go look for a pen this time.

F

Moves
12 Jan 21

@yo-its-me said
There are loads of pens around my home. But whenever I need one to add to the shopping list or take a note from the phone call, they're all hiding and the one I blue-tacked to the wall, next to the list, works for the first few letters in a frustrating turn of events. Lulling me into thinking I won't have to go look for a pen this time.
Ditto on all this, except blue tack is hard to find here. We have a clip thing with a magnet.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
12 Jan 21

@yo-its-me said
Check the toy boxes, wall sides of single beds, kid’s backpacks?

Moves
12 Jan 21

While rinsing the cup of a spoon in a sink...there's a greater than 50% probability that I'm not paying attention when the water splashes up upon my shirt.

SRB

Moves
12 Jan 21

@wolfe63 said
While rinsing the cup of a spoon in a sink...there's a greater than 50% probability that I'm not paying attention when the water splashes up upon my shirt.
But if you are about to go into a meeting the water always aims directly for the groin.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jan 21

@wolfe63 said
Wolfy,
I thought you said up my skirt, I really have to start wearing my reading specs or make my fonts bigger....LOL.... 🙂

-VR

Moves
14 Jan 21

@fmf said
Nine times out of ten ~ not 50% of the time ~ when I try to plug in a USB cable or flash disk, I have it upside down. It's uncanny.

More examples of little things?
This is because USB plugs are fermions, which have half spin. That means you have to rotate them twice, not once, to get them back the same way you started with.