ROGUE 1 thread

ROGUE 1 thread

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
02 Jan 17

Originally posted by divegeester
OK What was your opinion of the movie Rogue One?
Dive,

LOL...Didn't you notice I said I never saw the Movie!!!

-VR

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Jan 17

Originally posted by Very Rusty
I never saw the Movie...
Then how can you be entitled to an opinion on it?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Jan 17

It's strange why the makers of this movie seem to have got the mood and feel right, when Lucas got it's so wrong in episodes 1,2 and 3 and Abrams got it wrong with the last one. Anyway, yes a great watch and nice finale which turned out to be a neat tribute to Fisher.
I hate almost everything Abrams has done.

Look how he screwed up Star Trek.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
02 Jan 17

Then how can you be entitled to an opinion on it?
Dive,

Lighten up, just pulling your chains a little. You don't like that much do you? ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜›

-VR

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Jan 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
I hate almost everything Abrams has done.

Look how he screwed up Star Trek.
The first two and especially the first one, were excellent.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
02 Jan 17

I saw Rogue 1 yesterday in IMAX 3D, which IMO was worth it; the last battle in particular has a spectacular sense of scale [the planet over which the fighting occurs looks ginormous / expansive in comparison to the rest of the ships / stuffs hovering over it, in a way that never seems to happen in plain 2D].

Things I liked about it:
- The "alliance" bit of the rebellion gets some air time; the audience gets the sense that rebellion is not one streamlined organization, but rather a rag-tag band of various factions that don't always agree on how to proceed.
- The battle scenes have the right amount of action; a lot going on, but not overwhelmingly so, as in the prequels.
- Both Tarkin and Vader's scenes were done really well.

Things I didn't like:
- The plot was highly derivative [hard to avoid, I know] and lacked surprises.
- Some of the new characters were very cliched [if that's even a word].

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Jan 17

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
I saw Rogue 1 yesterday in IMAX 3D, which IMO was worth it; the last battle in particular has a spectacular sense of scale [the planet over which the fighting occurs looks ginormous / expansive in comparison to the rest of the ships / stuffs hovering over it, in a way that never seems to happen in plain 2D].

Things I liked about it:
- The "allian ...[text shortened]... and lacked surprises.
- Some of the new characters were very cliched [if that's even a word].
I wished I'd gone to see it in 3D now.

I agree about the derivative elements in the plot but as you say, with it being a prequel it's difficult to bring in surprises. I liked that the central characters weren't attempts at being set up to be the next "Solo" "Leila" which I felt was happening a bit in TFA. The final battle sequence over the planet was beautifully crafted CGI and yes, epic in scale.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
02 Jan 17
1 edit

I wished I'd gone to see it in 3D now.

I agree about the derivative elements in the plot but as you say, with it being a prequel it's difficult to bring in surprises. I liked that the central characters weren't attempts at being set up to be the next "Solo" "Leila" which I felt was happening a bit in TFA. The final battle sequence over the planet was beautifully crafted CGI and yes, epic in scale.
Yeah, TFA needed a strong new lead character, particularly as the next one in that series won't have Harrison Ford to supplement the deficiencies of the other characters. I don't think they got where they needed to be. I thought Rey's character was a little bit too good at everything [she's an expert pilot + expert mechanic + expert computer hacker + natural force user + able to hold off a trained saber duelist without any saber training of her own] to be interesting, whereas Finn will be hard to explain why he couldn't be virtually any other standard humanoid [say he died and got replaced with another renegade Storm Trooper; would it make an iota of difference?!].

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
05 Jan 17
1 edit

I liked the movie and would like to see more, but now I am confused with the storyline. If you have seen Rouge One, then you know what the overall goal of the movie was to show, but now, where does it fit in with the storyline? It was established that the order was 4 5 6 1 2 3, but now there are 2 new movies! Can somebody please sort out the storyline?
The numbers stand for when the movie was produced, so 1 is the first, 2 is second (you get the idea).
From what I take of it, it is now 456 Rouge1 123. Please help.
๐Ÿ˜€

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
05 Jan 17

Hey Dive, I noticed you changed up your profile pic. to the death star in relationship with this thread. I love it.
๐Ÿ™‚

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
05 Jan 17

Its too bad that the actor of Princess Leia died. RIP in pepperonis.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
05 Jan 17

Originally posted by BongalloJoe
I liked the movie and would like to see more, but now I am confused with the storyline. If you have seen Rouge One, then you know what the overall goal of the movie was to show, but now, where does it fit in with the storyline? It was established that the order was 4 5 6 1 2 3, but now there are 2 new movies! Can somebody please sort out the storyline?
...[text shortened]... s second (you get the idea).
๐Ÿ˜€
Simple. It's episodes 1-7 in that order, with Rogue 1 just before Ep 4.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Jan 17

What he^ said.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
11 Jan 17

Originally posted by BongalloJoe
...[text shortened]... s second (you get the idea).
๐Ÿ˜€
try the machete order and insert Rogue 1 just before Episode 4 (the first original movie)

w

Moves
11 Jan 17

Originally posted by Ponderable
try the machete order and insert Rogue 1 just before Episode 4 (the first original movie)
It's actually episode 3.4623 but who's counting?