RHP Member You Would Like To Meet In Person

RHP Member You Would Like To Meet In Person

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
08 Jan 18

Originally posted by @very-rusty
didn't you get married?

-VR
Poor guy 😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
09 Jan 18

Originally posted by @trev33
Poor guy 😉
It would all depend on how he felt about it!

-VR

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
09 Jan 18

It is nice to meet people who play on here I am sure. When phlabs had his meet up, I was in a war of words with most of the people going. I probably should have went just the same!

Yes, you were single at the time, didn't you get married?

-VR
No, i was actually newly married when i went to America. I took my wife there. I was single during London and Dublin.

Had three drunken RHP members at my house for the second Dublin meet...good times.

Moves
09 Jan 18

Originally posted by @huckleberryhound
No, i was actually newly married when i went to America. I took my wife there. I was single during London and Dublin.

Had three drunken RHP members at my house for the second Dublin meet...good times.
Good times indeed.

Moves
09 Jan 18

How is your lovely wife? It's been a while since that meetup. Aside from Yourself, Handy Andy and myself I don't think any of the others present are still active here.

Read a book!

Moves
09 Jan 18

Originally posted by @great-big-stees
How is your lovely wife? It's been a while since that meetup. Aside from Yourself, Handy Andy and myself I don't think any of the others present are still active here.
Busygirl

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
09 Jan 18

I know, it's a bit of a sin. I guess people move on. still talk to The Reverend David on Facebook, aswell as a few other old RHPers (like Moldycrow, and Nordlys). There used to be a god bunch around...c'est la vie

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Jan 18

I know, it's a bit of a sin. I guess people move on. still talk to The Reverend David on Facebook, aswell as a few other old RHPers (like Moldycrow, and Nordlys). There used to be a god bunch around...c'est la vie
Yes, but the Reverend didn't want people to know he was a Reverend for reasons unkown to me. I always liked Nordlys would like to have met her. Phlabs wasn't such a bad guy either even though him and I use to go at it by times, but it made for some good entertainment.

-VR

old pueblo

Moves
10 Jan 18

Noodles and Phlabs were awesome, and rmorris or rbmorris (forget) and the father and son, and the brilliant kid from Tennessee, and so many others, so long ago...

Gothenburg

Moves
10 Jan 18

I'm curious about Nordlys. There is a reference to her homepage but it's not available for me. Is she an artist, can you tell?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @torunn
I'm curious about Nordlys. There is a reference to her homepage but it's not available for me. Is she an artist, can you tell?
She was/is a woman of many talants. She was second to none when it came to proper grammar and spelling. I was among her favourite posters to correct. ( Lets not confuse that with being one of her favourite posters) It would have been very nice to meet her in person.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Jan 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
It’s easier to make a list of people I wouldn’t want to meet. It would be a very short list (maybe 3 or 4) and for obvious reasons I won’t name them, but my reason would be for finding them truly objectionable individuals who are/were also a little scary.

Everyone else here at RHP I’d love to meet at some point if the world tilted on it’s axis sufficiently.
Dive,

I use to think like you, but now I would like to meet everyone when I stop and think about it, even the ones whose persona I don't care for. Just to see what they are like in the real world. Anyone can be a tough guy, nice guy or what ever they want to be on a chess site forum, quite different meeting face to face I am sure!!!

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Jan 18

Dive,

I use to think like you, but now I would like to meet everyone when I stop and think about it, even the ones whose persona I don't care for. Just to see what they are like in the real world. Anyone can be a tough guy, nice guy or what ever they want to be on a chess site forum, quite different meeting face to face I am sure!!!

-VR
Over the years have met up with several forum regulars, on the other chess site I play on. (Including the Webmaster). Without exception they were always enjoyable encounters, and people were pretty much as I expected them to be. (Not always in appearance, but certainly in character). Long term posters tend to be genuine in regards to their persona.

Moves
10 Jan 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Over the years have met up with several forum regulars, on the other chess site I play on. (Including the Webmaster). Without exception they were always enjoyable encounters, and people were pretty much as I expected them to be. (Not always in appearance, but certainly in character). Long term posters tend to be genuine in regards to their persona.
I agree. I know I am...I think.🙄😀

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Jan 18

I agree. I know I am...I think.🙄😀
IF you say so..... 😛 🙄 😲