regnal name for the prince of wales

regnal name for the prince of wales

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Jan 19

@very-rusty said
You're correct, thank you!

Dang spelling cops everywhere!! 😛

-VR
Including yourself, in another thread.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Jan 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Including yourself, in another thread.
LOL@ 'silly goad', don't miss a trick eh? 😉

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Jan 19

@very-rusty said
LOL@ 'silly goad', don't miss a trick eh? 😉

-VR
Merely flagging your hypocrisy Napoleon.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Jan 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Merely flagging your hypocrisy Napoleon.
No, just being a smart ass you are, 'silly goad'!!! 😛

-VR

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Jan 19

@very-rusty said
You're correct, thank you!

Dang spelling cops everywhere!! 😛

-VR
Not spelling cops ... Grammar Enforcement.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Jan 19

@wolfgang59 said
Not spelling cops ... Grammar Enforcement.
I prefer spelling cops!!! 😉

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Jan 19

@very-rusty said
I prefer spelling cops!!! 😉

-VR
Which of course is an anagram of:

'Precise Spelling Prof.'

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Jan 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Which of course is an anagram of:

'Precise Spelling Prof.'
Ok, just spelling cops then! 😛

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
08 Jan 19

@ashiitaka said
Yes, I think he is ready for the role. I wonder if the Queen will abdicate soon.
In fact I think she won't.
People here (in Germany) assumed that Charles promised not to take up the crown in Exchange for being allowed to marry Camilla, but maybe it is not the case.

Queen Mom was quite old when she died, her daughter may set a new record there.

Gothenburg

Moves
08 Jan 19

@ponderable said
People here (in Germany) assumed that Charles promised not to take up the crown in Exchange for being allowed to marry Camilla, but maybe it is not the case.

I hope the Queen stays until Prince William and Kate feel ready to take over.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
08 Jan 19

@ponderable said
People here (in Germany) assumed that Charles promised not to take up the crown in Exchange for being allowed to marry Camilla, but maybe it is not the case
The official line from Clarence House is that Camilla would adopt the title of princess consort when her husband assumes the throne. However, there is no legal or historical precedent for this and, in accordance with English common law, she should become queen consort when Charles becomes king.12 Nov 2018

Will Camilla Parker-Bowles ever become Queen? | The Week UK
https://www.theweek.co.uk/91149/will-camilla-and-kate-ever-be-queen

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 19

@drewnogal said
The official line from Clarence House is that Camilla would adopt the title of princess consort when her husband assumes the throne. However, there is no legal or historical precedent for this and, in accordance with English common law, she should become queen consort when Charles becomes king.12 Nov 2018

Will Camilla Parker-Bowles ever become Queen? | The Week UK
https://www.theweek.co.uk/91149/will-camilla-and-kate-ever-be-queen
PARASITES

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
08 Jan 19
1 edit

@badradger said
PARASITES
I did a bit of reading here. The queen will get £82.4k to fund her royal duties for the forthcoming financial year which is a 0.2% rise. This is 25% of the revenue paid to the royals and paid 2 years in arrears and given in exchange from her surrendering all profits from the Crown Estate ( including the entire UK seabed, most of Regent Street in London’s West End and Ascot ) to the UK government.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1040713/royal-news-queen-elizabeth-budget-2018-treasury

Some say she is good value for money?

A

RSA

Moves
08 Jan 19

@ponderable said

I'm sure there's been some sort of arrangement behind the scenes as the Queen is privately very against divorce. However, times have changed and I think that Charles will definitely be King if only to give William more time to prepare.

Yes, the Queen Mother was over 100 when she died, but George VI died at age 56 (although the war precipitously drained his health and so maybe he isn't a good indicator of how long his daughter will live).

A

RSA

Moves
08 Jan 19

@drewnogal said
I did a bit of reading here. The queen will get £82.4k to fund her royal duties for the forthcoming financial year which is a 0.2% rise. This is 25% of the revenue paid to the royals and paid 2 years in arrears and given in exchange from her surrendering all profits from the Crown Estate ( including the entire UK seabed, most of Regent Street in London’s West End and Ascot ...[text shortened]... yal/1040713/royal-news-queen-elizabeth-budget-2018-treasury

Some say she is good value for money?
They earn far more than they cost, but even if they didn't I'd be happy to pay £0.70 for them each year. That the Royal family are a net financial gain to the country isn't really the primary motivating factor behind my support for them.