1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jan '21 14:20
    @ponderable said
    was the problem divorcing Diana or having a divorce at all?
    no it was when phil the greek had diana terminated for her dalliance with dodi fayad.
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    26 Jan '21 23:56
    @ponderable said
    was the problem divorcing Diana or having a divorce at all?
    A divorce I’d say of which Charles was to blame because he continued seeing his old flame Camilla
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    26 Jan '21 23:58
    @badradger said
    no it was when phil the greek had diana terminated for her dalliance with dodi fayad.
    It makes you wonder doesn’t it?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '21 00:03
    @badradger said
    She died in a car crash, the driver also died. It was an accident.
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Jan '21 07:35
    @divegeester said
    She died in a car crash, the driver also died. It was an accident.
    The driver is said to have been drunk.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 02:47
    @divegeester said
    70 years as Queen.

Although still two years away plans are already in underway for a national 4 day weekend with all the associated festivities on 2nd - 5th June 2022.
    I remember the Silver Jubilee in 1977 well. My club staged judo demonstrations all through that summer. Wasn't that the year of the "Sport For All" activities all around the country? Or that may have been 1976. I remember trying all kinds of things including scuba diving in the Westminster Lodge swimming pool and pitch & put on a freshly created nine-hole course in Verulamium Park.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 06:281 edit
    @torunn said
    The driver is said to have been drunk.
    Yes I believe he was, at least there are robust allegations he was.

Are you bringing that up because you think badradger’s claim that Prince Philip had Dodi & Di murdered is correct, and that him somehow intoxicating the driver and making him drive fast was the modus operandi?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 06:28
    @drewnogal said
    It makes you wonder doesn’t it?
    What makes you wonder?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 06:34
    @fmf said
    I remember the Silver Jubilee in 1977 well. My club staged judo demonstrations all through that summer. Wasn't that the year of the "Sport For All" activities all around the country? Or that may have been 1976. I remember trying all kinds of things including scuba diving in the Westminster Lodge swimming pool and pitch & put on a freshly created nine-hole course in Verulamium Park.
    I remember it well too; there were street parties and a festival in the park where I lived.

I particularly remember this huge inflatable network of tubes and chambers which was brought in to entertain the young people. The tubes were crawl spaces and the big chambers contained other inflatable objects. One of the organisers would periodically dress up as a Frankensteinian creature and crawl through the tubes blowing a trumpet.

When I think back now it was very entertaining but probably quite dangerous as there was loads of kids in the inflatable network and no way to easily get out if it collapsed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree