#PrayForParis

#PrayForParis

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
15 Nov 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Au contraire, wolfgang59; .
Tell us then.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
15 Nov 15

your prompt reply "behind your silly statement" suggests
that it reflects an "anathema" which you vehemently disapprove of and/or dislike.
Your tautological statement is true.
I dislike people making stupid associations without good reason.

Moves
15 Nov 15

Originally posted by phil3000
What is the way out of this tragic situation ?
It would help if local Immans stood up and condemned these acts of terror and talked to young vulnerable Muslims before they get radicalised .
You say there are millions of good Muslims in Britain and America ,well lets hear from them they all can't be terrified .
The gloves are off now fella if good Muslims ...[text shortened]... r people sitting on their hands when they could be helping to educate and stop this wickedness .
Not sure where you are or what you view, listen to or read, but plenty of good Moslems have spoken condemning this deed.

You say "people like you". Since you have absolutely no idea whatsoever of who I am or what I think beyond the very limited confines of this forum, that's quite a remarkable conclusion to have drawn.

Whatever floats your boat.

TM

rebel city

Moves
15 Nov 15

We live in a dangerous world, embedded in hypocrisy and irony:

http://www.lemonde.fr/idees/article/2015/08/21/ventes-d-armes-la-strategie-gagnante-de-la-france_4732524_3232.html

http://m.amnesty.fr/Nos-campagnes/Crises-et-conflits-armes/Actualites/Les-5-plus-gros-vendeurs-armes-dans-le-monde-12947

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Nov 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Tell us then.
Sure. Apparently, we disagree in substance though I respect your considerable historical scholarship.
Specifically that evil personified has existed in the universe well before the human race began.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Nov 15

Originally posted by Tabitha Marshall
We live in a dangerous world, embedded in hypocrisy and irony:

http://www.lemonde.fr/idees/article/2015/08/21/ventes-d-armes-la-strategie-gagnante-de-la-france_4732524_3232.html

http://m.amnesty.fr/Nos-campagnes/Crises-et-conflits-armes/Actualites/Les-5-plus-gros-vendeurs-armes-dans-le-monde-12947
Well said.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Nov 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Your tautological statement is true.
I dislike people making stupid associations without good reason.
Me, too.

Read a book!

Moves
15 Nov 15

Sure. Apparently, we disagree in substance though I respect your considerable historical scholarship.
Specifically that evil personified has existed in the universe well before the human race began.
Pre-human persons?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Nov 15

Me, too.
So let's have your thinking behind the statement you made;
namely;
"9/11" was the precursor of the horrific terrorist attack in Paris on Friday, November 13, 2015.

Tyranny USA

Moves
16 Nov 15

Originally posted by radioactive69
We call the police.

You must feel like a big tough man toting that gun.
Exactly my point, you call the police who have guns. So if someone is breaking into your home do ask the criminal that has an illegal gun that they bought on the street to please wait until the police show up to protect you and your family? Or maybe you just show them your boobs that you don't mind showing everyone here that might stop them?

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
16 Nov 15

Originally posted by HairDog
Exactly my point, you call the police who have guns. So if someone is breaking into your home do ask the criminal that has an illegal gun that they bought on the street to please wait until the police show up to protect you and your family? Or maybe you just show them your boobs that you don't mind showing everyone here that might stop them?
And you pull out your gun......and get shot. They can take what they want from my house. It's all insured and can be replaced. My life however cannot.

rc

Moves
16 Nov 15

Originally posted by radioactive69
And you pull out your gun......and get shot. They can take what they want from my house. It's all insured and can be replaced. My life however cannot.
Legend!

st johnstone

Moves
16 Nov 15

Originally posted by HairDog
I assume you sit up all night, gun loaded waiting to be robbed?
If a armed robber is in your house how quickly can you get your gun?
Most burglaries are done on empty houses at least in the uk

RHP Member No.16

Moves
16 Nov 15
1 edit

In real life, how often do the police actually prevent a crime? How often do they protect a citizen from being victimized?

I don't have any statistics for you but I'm sure what usually happens is the crime is committed, and when the police show up they attempt to gather evidence and clues and track down the criminals, arrest them if they manage to find them, and then turn them over to the justice department for possible prosecution.

The point is that if you are in the process of being victimized in any way, and you somehow manage to call the police while that is happening, they probably are not going to arrive in time to protect you. The criminal will have accomplished whatever it was that they intended to do and will have left the scene. You may still be alive or maybe not, but your status at that time will be the result of how things go between you and the criminal. The police will probably not have a part in that because they will arrive too late for the party.

I have not been everywhere in the world but I suspect the situation is about the same regardless of what part of it you live in.

st johnstone

Moves
16 Nov 15

Originally posted by mwmiller
In real life, how often do the police actually prevent a crime? How often do they protect a citizen from being victimized?

I don't have any statistics for you but I'm sure what usually happens is the crime is committed, and when the police show up they attempt to gather evidence and clues and track down the criminals, arrest them if they manage to fin ...[text shortened]... e world but I suspect the situation is about the same regardless of what part of it you live in.
not sure where you live but our police force is great.
its impossible to measure how much crime they prevent, but just think how much more crime they would be without them..