Poll validation numbers

Poll validation numbers

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 May 22
1 edit

@moonbus said
Naw, with eight, there's the possibility of a hung jury. I'd say seven. Yeah , seven. That way, no matter what the split, there'd be a clear winner.
Perhaps completely unrelated: sometime in my wine-and-cooking-show days I learned that when it comes to discrete units of food served a few at a time, the consensus seems to be that they should be plated in odd numbers.

Moves
26 May 22

@divegeester said

Hey… maybe woofpoof will put in a good word for you to get Ghost of Duke to let you back into the Chamberpot. For the fourth time time.
Better to be a cat at the door than a prat on a tor. 😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 May 22

@divegeester said
“We” ?

Do you consider yourself one of the clique again?

Hey… maybe woofpoof will put in a good word for you to get Ghost of Duke to let you back into the Chamberpot. For the fourth time time.
Dive,
Did you miss the news, he is back in! 🙂

-VR

Moves
26 May 22
2 edits

@fmf said
I wanted to choose EIGHT. I wanted EIGHT to be an option. I think EIGHT is the correct number, not FIVE or TEN.
Eight is at least one of the valid numbers.

Once upon a time at a local arts fair, I visited the booth of a guy who made fancy kaleidoscopes. Those presented an eight-fold image instead of the six-fold image American kids are used to. The guy explained that for cultural reasons his Japanese customers prefer the eight-fold to the six-fold.

Moves
26 May 22

@very-rusty said
Dive,

-VR
(Psst -- I really just requested to rejoin to give him something to moan about. I gather that moaning is essential to the health of English people. So I guess in a way I must care about him more than I thought I did? I might need to take another time-out. This is kind of creepy.)

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 May 22

@kevin-eleven said
(Psst -- I really just requested to rejoin to give him something to moan about. I gather that moaning is essential to the health of English people. So I guess in a way I must care about him more than I thought I did? I might need to take another time-out. This is kind of creepy.)
I don't believe you can judge all English people by him. Most act like Gentleman has been my experience. He would be an exception to the rule! 🙂

-VR

Moves
26 May 22

@very-rusty said
Dive,

-VR
Is it news then?

Let’s see how long it lasts this time.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 May 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Is it news then?

Unless someone else has been allowed back 4 times it would be news, right?

-VR

Moves
26 May 22

@very-rusty said
Unless someone else has been allowed back 4 times it would news right?

-VR
What would newsworthy is if you got let in.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 May 22

@divegeester said
What would newsworthy is if you got let in.
You don't think that is very likely do you?

-VR

Moves
26 May 22

@divegeester said
Is it news then?

There's no telling. As you might have observed if you weren't so busy fluffing your own ego, I'm kind of an erratic character who is also unfortunately at times hyperreactive, even when it comes to randomly surfacing ancient memories.

By "how long it lasts" did you mean in some kind of artificial, post-industrial sense imposed upon the worker-hamsters of late capitalism, or something more along the lines of Bergsonian "duration"?

Moves
26 May 22

@very-rusty said
I don't believe you can judge all English people by him. Most act like Gentleman has been my experience. He would be an exception to the rule! 🙂

-VR
Sure there's a part of me (random psychological daemonic process?) that would love to discuss Dive in public, but maybe exactly because of that it would be more appropriate for me to redirect this thread back toward a discussion of poll validation numbers when considered in the light of statistical significance.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 May 22

@kevin-eleven said
Sure there's a part of me (random psychological daemonic process?) that would love to discuss Dive in public, but maybe exactly because of that it would be more appropriate for me to redirect this thread back toward a discussion of poll validation numbers when considered in the light of statistical significance.
I think that is a wise decision! 🙂

-VR

Moves
26 May 22

@very-rusty said
I think that is a wise decision! 🙂

-VR
It might be a disappointing decision to some! 😉

Moves
27 May 22

@kevin-eleven said
There's no telling. As you might have observed if you weren't so busy fluffing your own ego, I'm kind of an erratic character who is also unfortunately at times hyperreactive, even when it comes to randomly surfacing ancient memories.

By "how long it lasts" did you mean in some kind of artificial, post-industrial sense imposed upon the worker-hamsters of late capitalism, or something more along the lines of Bergsonian "duration"?
Your erratic hyperactive tendencies aren’t what turn me off you, it’s your propensity when under a little scrutiny to overstep certain lines of decorum and indulge your dark maliciousness.

Knowing Ghost of a Duke fairly well, I can pretty much guarantee this was what got you booted the last three times. He’s being generous in letting you back in so I hope you enjoy the sense of belonging.