Philosophical bards

Philosophical bards

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
56d

@very-rusty said
I don't know how this site would survive without your words of Wisdom!

-VR
You all managed to stay alive before I came around. My words are but a distorted echo from the distant past.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
56d

@pettytalk said
You all managed to stay alive before I came around. My words are but a distorted echo from the distant past.
You do have a very good point. 🙂

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
55d

@divegeester said
Do you have the courage to say whom you OP is aimed at?
Who cares?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
55d
4 edits

@divegeester said

It is not a lack of courage, but a lack of clarity that compelled me to describe those folks the way I did. Just as their philosophy is a bit abstract and hazy, so too is my definition of them. Frankly I thought it was rather clever. 😏

To the philosophical bards of RHP, I say: "May you find much happiness on this journey of yours." 🙂

Moves
55d

@mchill said
It is not a lack of courage, but a lack of clarity that compelled me to describe those folks the way I did. Just as their philosophy is a bit abstract and hazy, so too is my definition of them. Frankly I thought it was rather clever. 😏

To the philosophical bards of RHP, I say: "May you find much happiness on this journey of yours." 🙂
I think your OP exemplifies a certain intellectual and emotional cowardice which is endemic in much of of your posting. In this particular instance you’re trying to create some drama by saying something unflattering about a person or persons who just prior to you making the OP had ruffled your feathers. I spotting who at least one of them was, and I don’t think it’s clever at all. Just passive aggressive.

Moves
55d
1 edit

@suzianne said
Who cares?
No idea Suzianne.

May run a poll? 🤷‍♂️

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
55d

@divegeester said
I think your OP exemplifies a certain intellectual and emotional cowardice which is endemic in much of of your posting. In this particular instance you’re trying to create some drama by saying something unflattering about a person or persons who just prior to you making the OP had ruffled your feathers. I spotting who at least one of them was, and I don’t think it’s clever at all. Just passive aggressive.
I think your OP exemplifies a certain intellectual and emotional cowardice which is endemic in much of of your posting.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have to go back to work now.

Moves
55d

@mchill said
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Something we agree on then.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
55d

@mchill said
I think your OP exemplifies a certain intellectual and emotional cowardice which is endemic in much of of your posting.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have to go back to work now.
This is true and everyone has an opinion. 🙂

-VR

Moves
55d

@mchill said

"To the philosophical bards of RHP, I say: "May you find much happiness on this journey of yours."

Why "yours," are you not a philosopher too? A true philosopher would ask this from any prospecting philosophical bard. "Must we not then first of all ask, whether there is any one of us who has knowledge of that about which we are deliberating?

Borrowing some courage and street-wise philosophical language, I would say that it takes one to know one.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
55d

@mchill said

Never apologize for speaking your mind. It only gives your detractors much-needed structural fiber for their next attempt at burning you in effigy. Do not surrender your own power to them.

Moves
52d

@suzianne said
Never apologize for speaking your mind. It only gives your detractors much-needed structural fiber for their next attempt at burning you in effigy. Do not surrender your own power to them.
I don’t see anyone asking mchill to “apologise”.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
51d
1 edit

@divegeester said
I don’t see anyone asking mchill to “apologise”.
No one asked him, but he did anyways.

Why do you make it about you?

Moves
51d
1 edit

@suzianne said
No one asked him, but he did anyways.
Where did he apologise? I don’t see it any of his posts.

Again; no one asked him to.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
51d

@divegeester said
Where did he apologise? I don’t see it any of his posts.

Again; no one asked him to.
The asking is not the point, yet you make it the point. Why?