Our Mother Tongue

Our Mother Tongue

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
29 May 16

Hey Robbie! - you do have to laugh at the acrimony in these forums!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 May 16

reverential awe

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 May 16

Serendipity

Read a book!

Moves
29 May 16

Originally posted by ptobler
No acrimony, just truth. 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 May 16

angst and ennui

rc

Moves
29 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
No acrimony, just truth. 🙂
Blether - Scots

Blether and blather are Old Norse in origin. They are connected with the Old Norse word blathra meaning nonsense or to speak indistinctly or inarticulately. An alternative form of blather is blither, most commonly found as blithering, as in a blithering idiot.

Blether has brought to us a word which, to me, is rather unattractive, but then it has rather an unattractive meaning. The word is bletherskite, with the alternative forms bletherinskite, bletheranskite and bletherumskite, and it is an insulting term used to refer to a person who talks a lot of nonsense.

The origin of the skite element is uncertain, although it has been suggested that this is derived from skate the fish. Apparently skate was once used as an insult and, certainly we still have the non-flattering term cheapskate.

http://caledonianmercury.com/2012/08/22/useful-scots-word-blether/0035026

rc

Moves
29 May 16

Originally posted by ptobler
😀

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 May 16
1 edit

"Lake Chaubunagungamaug, also known as Webster Lake, is a lake in the town of Webster, Massachusetts, United States.
It is located near the Connecticut border and has a surface area of 1,442 acres." Wikipedia

Read a book!

Moves
29 May 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I see, so you have nothing to proffer but some vague reference to some clan members who are also nameless. Do you know what thats called Randers? More bull than a herd of Texan longhorns. Where is your evidence Randolph? Cite one clan member of any clan who has called me a sandbagger.
shortcircuit
mghrn55
Suzianne
my2sons
Startreader
Very Rusty
Wycombe Al
carystover
radioactive69
Steve45

rc

Moves
29 May 16
4 edits

shortcircuit
mghrn55
Suzianne
my2sons
Startreader
Very Rusty
Wycombe Al
carystover
radioactive69
Steve45
Ummm I dont know how to tell you this so that you will be able to grasp it, but emmmm, none of these have termed me a sandbagger or produced evidence that I have engaged in sandbagging, soooooo please produce evidence for your assertion or retract it and issue an apology Randolph Gandolph

Read a book!

Moves
29 May 16

Ummm I dont know how to tell you this so that you will be able to grasp it, but emmmm, none of these have termed me a sandbagger or produced evidence that I have engaged in sandbagging, soooooo please produce evidence for your assertion or retract it and issue an apology Randolph Gandolph
Each of them considers you a cheat, a fraud, a swindler and a sandbagger. Can you grasp that?.

rc

Moves
29 May 16
2 edits

Each of them considers you a cheat, a fraud, a swindler and a sandbagger. Can you grasp that?.
Ok we shall try again, where is your evidence that any of them have termed me a sandbagger, you have so far failed to produce a single iota despite being asked more than three times, why is it Randolph, did you make it up? Is that why its difficult for you to produce it? what does that make you Randolph, a fraud, a liar, a charlatan, a boofhead, a windbag, someone that believes their own propaganda? someone that cannot substantiate the claims they make? Man its not going to end well for you Randolph.

Read a book!

Moves
29 May 16

Ok we shall try again, where is your evidence that any of them have termed me a sandbagger, you have so far failed to produce a single iota despite being asked more than three times, why is it Randolph, did you make it up? Is that why its difficult for you to produce it?
Do you agree that they consider you a cheat and a fraud?

rc

Moves
29 May 16

Do you agree that they consider you a cheat and a fraud?
I have no idea what they think, where have they termed me a sandbagger Randolph, you said it, make with the evidence or retract the assertion and issue an apology.

Read a book!

Moves
29 May 16

I have no idea what they think, where have they termed me a sandbagger Randolph, you said it, make with the evidence or retract the assertion and issue an apology.
Let's try again:

Are you aware that they consider you a cheat and a fraud?

Are you aware that they believe you are abusing clan practices and rigging clan matches to your advantage?