1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 12:03
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Are you opposed, in a principled way, to harassment? If so, do you demonstrate this opposition by never harassing other posters yourself?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 12:05
    @beowulf said
    I wanted a dirt bike as a kid so my POS father brings home a Yamaha 350 street motorcycle which was way too powerful for a young kid.
    Bikes that big and powerful are serious machines and potentially dangerous in inexperienced hands.
  3. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 15:47
    @divegeester said
    I’m surprised more people here don’t have motorcycle stories from their youth especially.

I think there used to be a motorcycle group here at one time.
    I was showing my oldest two boys when they were young how to ride a wheelie and it didn’t work out. Around 20 feet later it got away and I went straight into a tree and broke my ribs😁. They never let this story fade into history.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 15:52
    @fmf said
    Bikes that big and powerful are serious machines and potentially dangerous in inexperienced hands.
    Good that you mentioned that, people may not know right? 🙂

-VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 15:531 edit
    @mike69 said
    I was showing my oldest two boys when they were young how to ride a wheelie and it didn’t work out. Around 20 feet later it got away and I went straight into a tree and broke my ribs😁. They never let this story fade into history.
    OUCH!~

Do you recall if you banged your head?

-VR
  6. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 16:10
    @very-rusty said
    OUCH!~

Do you recall if you banged your head?

-VR
    😁😁, I’m a walking accident no one really pays much attention anymore. My ribs are broke now with two hematoma’s from doing something stupid and these aren’t the only two times😁. I have had a few concussions now that you mention it though🤩.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 16:18
    @mike69 said
    😁😁, I’m a walking accident no one really pays much attention anymore. My ribs are broke now with two hematoma’s from doing something stupid and these aren’t the only two times😁. I have had a few concussions now that you mention it though🤩.
    So, you are a walking accident waiting to happen?

-VR
  8. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 16:36
    My first bike was given to me as a basket case. It was a 1970s Yamaha 250. It had a broken case. I knew a great welder, fabricator machinist, fixed the case good as new$25. I rode it a while, traded it in at a shop and pitched in about $1000 and got a beautiful Triumph Bonneville chopper. Springer front end, hard tail added, not struts, an actual hard tail was fabricated and welded into the frame. Highway pegs. King and Queen seat with padded sissybar. I had that bike up until 2010. At which time I had a chance to buy a Buell 1200 engine dirst cheap. Traded the trumpet for a rolling chassis HD type frame, hard tail, springer solo seat P pad, drag bars. I had a bad crash on it, totalled. I was banged up, road rash etc but okay. I never had another bike. My eyes and balance are too bad to ride.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 16:36
    @very-rusty said
    Good that you mentioned that, people may not know right?
    I think he must have used Google.
  10. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 16:37
    @very-rusty said
    So, you are a walking accident waiting to happen?

-VR
    I take stupid unnecessary chances or risk from overconfidence or not really caring?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 16:38
    @gambrel said
    My first bike was given to me as a basket case. It was a 1970s Yamaha 250. It had a broken case. I knew a great welder, fabricator machinist, fixed the case good as new$25. I rode it a while, traded it in at a shop and pitched in about $1000 and got a beautiful Triumph Bonneville chopper. Springer front end, hard tail added, not struts, an actual hard tail was fabricated and ...[text shortened]... anged up, road rash etc but okay. I never had another bike. My eyes and balance are too bad to ride.
    Nice.

I don’t see the attraction in hard tails though tbh.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 16:42
    @mike69 said
    I take stupid unnecessary chances or risk from overconfidence or not really caring?
    Sounds like an issue for you.

-VR
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 16:441 edit
    @gambrel said
    My first bike was given to me as a basket case. It was a 1970s Yamaha 250. It had a broken case. I knew a great welder, fabricator machinist, fixed the case good as new$25. I rode it a while, traded it in at a shop and pitched in about $1000 and got a beautiful Triumph Bonneville chopper. Springer front end, hard tail added, not struts, an actual hard tail was fabricated and ...[text shortened]... anged up, road rash etc but okay. I never had another bike. My eyes and balance are too bad to ride.
    The only thing with two wheels I owned was a bicycle, when everyone else was getting motor bikes and getting hurt or worst. I had 4 wheels under me!

-VR
  14. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 17:00
    @divegeester said
    Nice.

I don’t see the attraction in hard tails though tbh.
    It's aesthetic, it has a cleaner look with the straight line from the neck to the rear wheel. Antique bikes were hard tail with springer type front suspension. It's good for dragbike type take offs.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '22 17:44
    @gambrel said
    It's aesthetic, it has a cleaner look with the straight line from the neck to the rear wheel. Antique bikes were hard tail with springer type front suspension. It's good for dragbike type take offs.
    Yes I can see that, and yes WW2 bikes were all hard tail. Too firm for my delicate bones though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree