money

money

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mlb62

Moves
10 Feb 18

as of last year Bill Gates earns $128 per second on his investments alone..Many people don't earn that much working all day....

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
10 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ogb
as of last year Bill Gates earns $128 per second on his investments alone..Many people don't earn that much working all day....
That you can make more money by investing than by working is quite old news.
read Balzac's "Le Père Goriot" on that.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 Feb 18

It's called capitalism.

mlb62

Moves
11 Feb 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
It's called capitalism.
It's well known that the Gates donate very heavily to different charities..That's called stupid..

L

Moves
11 Feb 18

It's well known that the Gates donate very heavily to different charities..That's called stupid..
Why's that stupid?

mlb62

Moves
11 Feb 18

Originally posted by @larkie
Why's that stupid?
well, it's the way of the world..the rich should be the ones to donate to the poor. NOT the working stiff like me , who works his azz off to pay the bills..

Australia

Moves
11 Feb 18

well, it's the way of the world..the rich should be the ones to donate to the poor. NOT the working stiff like me , who works his azz off to pay the bills..
Giving to charity is something even the poorest people can do, for their own mental health. It's a psychological boost and doesn't need to involve money. I'd hate to think I was too poor to give anything to someone in real need.

Read a book!

Moves
11 Feb 18

Volunteer at a soup kitchen. It won't cost you a dime.

Moves
11 Feb 18

That’s because they didn’t invent a world changing software solution which a vast proportion of the global population saw value in purchasing.

It’s called innovation and entrepreneurship.

Moves
11 Feb 18

What is stupid is investing a large amount of ones hard earned finance into a software/hardware solution which nobody needs or wants.

L

Moves
11 Feb 18
1 edit

Mate, you just said the Gates donate very heavily to charities!! What exactly is your beef?
You are right about many people not earning 128 bucks a day - as if this were a pittance, which it isn't. Take a look away from the USA for a moment and you'll find that many people don't earn $128 in a month.

A

RSA

Moves
11 Feb 18
1 edit

You didn't found Microsoft corporation, thus you do not earn what Bill Gates does. That's the reality of this world. If you don't like being poor, come up with your own brainy idea. Stop trying to bitterly tear down those who did better than you - especially by criticizing their philanthropic efforts.

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
It's called capitalism.
It's called parasitism. Particularly in the case of Bill "Once the botnet is up, who cares what system goes down? That's not my department" Gates.

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
That’s because they didn’t invent a world changing software solution which a vast proportion of the global population saw value in purchasing.

It’s called innovation and entrepreneurship.
It's called theft and fraud. Microsoft business practices are predatory.

mlb62

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @shallow-blue
It's called theft and fraud. Microsoft business practices are predatory.
That's just my point..how many people/companies did Gates crush on his way to the top ? Now he's Mr. Nice Guy giving to charities....and what about his own blood descendants ? His great-great-great grandkids might need some of that money that he's donating.