Let's Solve Nature's Mysteries

Let's Solve Nature's Mysteries

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRB

Moves
10 May 20

With people posted all round the globe it's time to act. Where are all the socks?

If they are worn out I get rid of the pair but still there are three odd ones in my drawer. Should I now multiply that by the population of the world? I'd like to know. There might be millions out there.

Please confirm how many have left your home?

I once saw one on a beach. If this means they head for the ocean this may be a lost cause. Please confirm the locations of any sightings. There out there somewhere.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 May 20

@petewxyz said
With people posted all round the globe it's time to act. Where are all the socks?

If they are worn out I get rid of the pair but still there are three odd ones in my drawer. Should I now multiply that by the population of the world? I'd like to know. There might be millions out there.

I once saw one on a beach. If this me ...[text shortened]... this may be a lost cause. Please confirm the locations of any sightings. There out there somewhere.
It's yet to be scientifically proven, but sometimes (during a fast spin cycle in the washing machine) a sock can suddenly gain enlightenment and is immediately transported to Nirvana.

SRB

Moves
10 May 20
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It's yet to be scientifically proven, but sometimes (during a fast spin cycle in the washing machine) a sock can suddenly gain enlightenment and is immediately transported to Nirvana.
I have to say I'm not surprised. The spin cycle is pretty alarming. How many down in your house?

Edit: This is not recommended as a shortcut for Buddhists. Don't try this at home.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 May 20

@petewxyz said

I once saw one on a beach. If this me ...[text shortened]... this may be a lost cause. Please confirm the locations of any sightings. There out there somewhere.
You have a draw full of socks.
The draw contains 9 red socks, 9 white socks and 9 blue socks.
You need a matching pair but it’s pitch dark.
How many times do you need to pull out a sock to ensure you have a matching pair?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 May 20

@petewxyz said
I have to say I'm not surprised. The spin cycle is pretty alarming. How many down in your house?

Edit: This is not recommended as a shortcut for Buddhists. Don't try this at home.
I only wear a pair of socks once. (They are then donated to vegetarians).

SRB

Moves
10 May 20
1 edit

@divegeester said
How many times do you need to pull out a sock to ensure you have a matching pair?
More importantly how come you can describe what's in my sock drawer. Are you in on the disappearances? If you can't declare it publicly send a PM

Edit: Do you work for the government?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 May 20

@petewxyz said
Where are all the socks?
Throw all your odd socks away, their missing partners will turn up within a week.

Or look inside your duvet covers, they hang-out there.

Sports socks are often requisitioned by little girls as sleeping bags for Barbies.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
10 May 20

I have a big polythene bag-full shoved under my bed. They are mainly mens sports socks; ladies socks never wander you know. At desperate times I grab two who look somewhat alike. They seem to stick together for life after that and never stray.

Moves
10 May 20

The real mystery is my big toe always trying to escape the sock 🤔

SRB

Moves
10 May 20

@the-pickled-walrus said
The real mystery is my big toe always trying to escape the sock 🤔
For a long time I thought my middle toe was the culprit. Then I realised I just had the sock on the wrong foot.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 May 20

@divegeester said
Four

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
11 May 20
1 edit

@divegeester said
Saw that Suzianne beat me to it...any way: With the fourth draw you can be sure to have a matching pair.

As people probably know Zaphod Beeblebrox became mighty rich by discovering the planet where the lone socks go (and the erasers by the way) He made his fortune by selling those seocnd hand...

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
11 May 20

@divegeester said
Once.
You have to do it to 4 socks though.

Pulling out a sock 4 times will get you nowhere.

Moves
11 May 20

I just turn the light on and grab the damn socks.

- TP Dubya

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 May 20

@wolfgang59 said
Once.
You have to do it to 4 socks though.

Pulling out a sock 4 times will get you nowhere.
A bet you're fun in lockdown 🙄