Is it wrong to feed bacon to my pet pig?

Is it wrong to feed bacon to my pet pig?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
18 May 14

I have this pet pot bellied pig named Heffalump. About 6 months ago Heff ate my daughters leftover breakfast including a good sized piece of maple syrup covered bacon. Now whenever I cook bacon Heff goes nuts. He bounces up and down on his front feet and snorts like an old steam locamotive. I've been slipping him pieces of bacon just to shut him up.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
18 May 14

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
I have this pet pot bellied pig named Heffalump. About 6 months ago Heff ate my daughters leftover breakfast including a good sized piece of maple syrup covered bacon. Now whenever I cook bacon Heff goes nuts. He bounces up and down on his front feet and snorts like an old steam locamotive. I've been slipping him pieces of bacon just to shut him up.
It's very unhealthy. Bacon is very high in cholesterol. No wonder he has a pot belly. πŸ˜› Or is it the beer?

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
18 May 14

Originally posted by cashthetrash
It's very unhealthy. Bacon is very high in cholesterol. No wonder he has a pot belly. πŸ˜› Or is it the beer?
He's not getting my beer unless I marinate him in it and fire up the BBQ.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 May 14

"Heffalump": what a wonderful and apropos name for a pot bellied pig. During our six years in Houston, Evelyn and I visited another couple several times who also owned a pet like yours. At first we were a bit leery about getting too close but were assured their pet was tame and friendly (and also exceptionally clean). Unable to recall what the pet's daily food menu was but it certainly looked well nourished and in robust health. Heffalump, I sure, hasn't the least apprehension that one day he himself will become another generation of bacon for some families. "Is it wrong...?" Species comparison of Heffalump's taste for bacon to homo sapiens resorting to cannibalism is hardly valid. Have you checked for health risks with a veterinarian?

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
18 May 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Heffalump": what a wonderful and apropos name for a pot bellied pig. During our six years in Houston, Evelyn and I visited another couple several times who also owned a pet like yours. At first we were a bit leery about getting too close but were assured their pet was tame and friendly (and also exceptionally clean). Unable to recall what the pet's dai ...[text shortened]... resorting to cannibalism is hardly valid. Have you checked for health risks with a veterinarian?
No I haven't checked with a vet. I go to RHP for all of my critical information.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 May 14

No I haven't checked with a vet. I go to RHP for all of my critical information.
How many lbs. does Heffalump weigh?

Read a book!

Moves
18 May 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
How many lbs. does Heffalump weigh?
Heffalump weighs kilograms, not lbs. He's Canadian.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
You're always so very helpful with timely information. Thank you.

Postscript: I'm an American and never substitute kilograms for lbs..

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
18 May 14

I was under the impression he was a Floridian ham. Interesting subject we have going on here. Heffalump and i have a lot in common we both like bacon. Nice idea for a pet.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
18 May 14

What a man and his pig do in private is no one's business. As long as it's consensual and doesn't break any laws you have my blessing.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 May 14

So just feed him CANADIAN bacon thenπŸ™‚ And when the time comes....

TM

rebel city

Moves
18 May 14

I think it is very chic to feed bacon to a pig. Please don't take me wrong, I am sure Heffalump deserves it, considering his bouncing skills. All I can say is that he is a lucky pig!

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
18 May 14

That's just sinful depriving your pet porker of a stale ale from the previous nights party. You should be ashamed. 😞

In your face

Moves
18 May 14
1 edit

I've heard of worse things being fed to pigs. Kapish?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
18 May 14

I heard one time a feller visited your house and saw your pig. It has three legs. The fellow asked about the three legged pig. You said one night a fire broke out in your basement. The pig alerted your family then put out the fire. One time you rolled your tractor and was pinned underneath it. The pig drove your pick up to the wreck and lifted the tractor off of you with the winch. The fellow then asked "Well how did he lose his leg?"
You replied "Well a pig that good you cain't eat all at once!"

*Cue banjo music*