Inception

Inception

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
25 Feb 17

Just watched it again...still don't get it. Is it deep, or is it just up it's own arse?

Good movie though.

F

Moves
25 Feb 17

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
Is it deep, or is it just up it's own arse?
Are these two 'places' mutually exclusive?

Moves
25 Feb 17

Just watched it again...still don't get it. Is it deep, or is it just up it's own arse?

Good movie though.
I didn't think it was either, and I also enjoyed it despite the somewhat flakey ending.

Interstellar, now theres a movie which tries to be deep but just ends up being boring.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
25 Feb 17

There are lots of films I didn't get. Having a tendency to fall asleep
once I'm curled up on a sofa doesn't help.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
25 Feb 17
1 edit

Good movie though.
Is it deep, or is it just up it's own arse?

It's both...
The movie is deep up it's own arse.

Moves
25 Feb 17

Good movie though.
Excellent movie with a poor ending.

A

RSA

Moves
25 Feb 17

Originally posted by divegeester
I didn't think it was either, and I also enjoyed it despite the somewhat flakey ending.

Interstellar, now theres a movie which tries to be deep but just ends up being boring.
At the end of interstellar I was like "what just happened?"

rain

Moves
25 Feb 17

Good movie, though I didn't like the extended action sequence at the end. Seemed kind of pointless, and bored me.

A lot of people like Roger Ebert praised it for being original; but it was pretty much the same concept as the Matrix (a world in our minds which seems real but is actually manufactured while we're in a sleep-like state). They even have all of the gravity-defying, running-up-the-walls-and-flip-at-odd-angles thing. And just like the Matrix, if you die in the dream world, you die in the real world as well.

Again, it was a good movie. Not something I'd want to see again, though.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Feb 17

Good movie though.
A movie I saw a while back that I thought was quite deep was Cloud Atlas (2012). Most of the actors played multiple roles as the movie unfolds through 6 different eras. Do not fall asleep watching this, you will wake up wondering if you're watching the same movie.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
26 Feb 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
A movie I saw a while back that I thought was quite deep was Cloud Atlas (2012). Most of the actors played multiple roles as the movie unfolds through 6 different eras. Do not fall asleep watching this, you will wake up wondering if you're watching the same movie.
will check it out. Babel is quite deep. I ended up feeling sorry for the little Japanese girl in the end.

Gothenburg

Moves
26 Feb 17
2 edits

will check it out. Babel is quite deep. I ended up feeling sorry for the little Japanese girl in the end.
Babel, I think, is a very complicated film. If I remember correctly there are three or more stories which are connected in a way I couldn't quite figure out.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
26 Feb 17

Originally posted by Torunn
Babel, I think, is a very complicated film. If I remember correctly there are three or more stories which are connected in a way I couldn't quite figure out.
It was actually quite simple.

Japanese - daughter of guy who went shooting in Morocco
Moroccan kids using gun given to the guide as a present
American couple on holiday in Morocco
Spanish Nanny looking after their kids while they were travelling.

4 stories, 4 languages Babel.

Quite a good movie.

Gothenburg

Moves
26 Feb 17

It was actually quite simple.

Japanese - daughter of guy who went shooting in Morocco
Moroccan kids using gun given to the guide as a present
American couple on holiday in Morocco
Spanish Nanny looking after their kids while they were travelling.

4 stories, 4 languages Babel.

Quite a good movie.
Very good even if I couldn't quite get all of it. Cate Blanchett is my favourite screen actress, there is noone better.
Thank you for clarifying.

Gothenburg

Moves
27 Feb 17
1 edit

I was so happy to read this morning that '´Moonlight' won three Oscar Awards - Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor and Best Adapted Screenplay - very good film.