How does that sell?

How does that sell?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
16 Feb 21

@divegeester said
I had a look on gov.uk and you can fly back as long as you quarantine.
I have a flight booked for March 9th, direct to London but currently all direct flights are cancelled from Colombia, the flight I booked hasn't departed since Dec 15th. So, I'll wait and see what happens with the flight but If it did fly I would have to do their hotel quarantine which I believe is quite ridiculous. Would you want to pay £1750 to be locked in a room for 11 nights?

F

Moves
16 Feb 21

@trev33 said
Have you ever been to the Philippines? How does it compare to Indonesia?
No. Similar I think in many ways, though.

SRB

Moves
16 Feb 21

@fmf said
Not in the bottles, no.
Does it need to be bottled in single use plastic rather than refillable water bottles though? Although plastic bottles are potentially recyclable they make up a lot of ocean plastic.

F

Moves
16 Feb 21

@relentless-red said
Does it need to be bottled in single use plastic rather than refillable water bottles though?
Yes, it does bearing in mind the psychology of consumers in this country. Friends of mine from the UK were over here a couple of years back; people were mystified to hear what Britain had done about straws. As of yet, unthinkable here.

Moves
16 Feb 21

@trev33 said
I have a flight booked for March 9th, direct to London but currently all direct flights are cancelled from Colombia, the flight I booked hasn't departed since Dec 15th. So, I'll wait and see what happens with the flight but If it did fly I would have to do their hotel quarantine which I believe is quite ridiculous. Would you want to pay £1750 to be locked in a room for 11 nights?
The hotel quarantine tactic is a political posture in my opinion.

Why can’t there be mass testing at UK borders, with say a 48 quarantine, where if your test is positive, then you have to stay in the hotel for longer?

If your test comes back in 24 hours then bingo, off you go.

Moves
16 Feb 21

@trev33 said
Colombia
Incidentally, I had a very quick read up on a couple of travel sites about travelling in Columbia...I don’t think I would do risk it. But I suppose you’ve been several times and feel confident. I just don’t see the attraction myself, nice beaches? Hot ladies looking for a British husband?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Feb 21

@divegeester said

Why can’t there be mass testing at UK borders, with say a 48 quarantine, where if your test is positive, then you have to stay in the hotel for longer?

What I find odd about that is it could be a false positive and you have to stay in a hotel at your own expense and it could all be for nothing. Shouldn't one be re-reimbursed if that happens?

-VR

Moves
16 Feb 21
1 edit

@divegeester said

Exactly, completely dumb. Why bring it in now a year into the pandemic? You get a test to fly, you get another test when you arrive... Both negative, what's the risk? They have this weird thought that you're more likely to have the virus if you're coming into the country than if you're walking around Tesco but they say flying is completely safe? Entire thing is ridiculous. Anyway, I've ranted enough about the virus and restrictions 😂

Edit: What sites did you check on Colombia? Honestly it's not the first choice, have gotten to prefer Asia and Peru will always be my favorite but both are quite difficult to get to and Peru are always going into quarantine. I like the weather, the people in the coast are rather annoying but in bogota they're very nice and easy to get along with but bogota is quite cold and I came for some winter heat. Been in 33c for 2 months now, just lovely. The woman im attracted to aren't after a, wait, did you just call someone from NI British? That's fighting talk 😂 Anyway, I like foreign girls but not the ones who want a foreign guy just to be with a foreign guy, both my ex's in S. America had good jobs and could look after themselves.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
16 Feb 21
1 edit

@trev33
Edit: What sites did you check on Colombia? Honestly it's not the first choice, have gotten to prefer Asia and Peru will always be my favorite but both are quite difficult to get to and Peru are always going into quarantine. I like the weather, the people in the coast are rather annoying but in bogota they're very nice and easy to get along with but bogota is quite cold and I came for so ...[text shortened]... to be with a foreign guy, both my ex's in S. America had good jobs and could look after themselves.
In the early 90's I was working in Cartagena on the East coast of Columbia.
Nice city.
Then I transferred to Buenaventura on the West coast.
That was a crazy place. The cops walked around in pairs with machine guns. Then when darkness fell they locked themselves in the police station while the town partied.

Moves
16 Feb 21

@the-gravedigger said
In the early 90's I was working in Cartagena on the East coast of Columbia.
Nice city.
Then I transferred to Buenaventura on the West coast.
That was a crazy place. The cops walked around in pairs with machine guns. Then when darkness fell they locked themselves in the police station while the town partied.
You lived in a country and still can't spell it's name properly? 🙈 Im sure it's a very different place now than it was in the 90s, medellin was known as the murder capital of the world at one point, times have changed thankfully. Ive had a few run ins but nothing major, feel Ecuador is much worse than Colombia now, if you spend anytime I Ecuador and dont get robbed you've done a decent job.

Cartagena is beautiful but i find the locals to be up themselves a bit, guess that what money does to do in a developing country.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@trev33 said
Have you ever been to the Philippines? How does it compare to Indonesia?
There is an interesting albeit insignificant comparison with regards to the Tagalog and Indonesian languages. Although they are completely different and not in any way mutually intelligible, they SOUND remarkably similar. When I hear someone speaking Tagalog, my brain thinks it ought to be able to understand it, but it is simply a whole different language.