Half of ...

Half of ...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Sep 13

the time I can't remember were I put the other half.

Australia

Moves
03 Sep 13

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
the time I can't remember were I put the other half.
This one's the WINNAH!

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
04 Sep 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"... 'below' in what regard?"
Below sea level.

Obviously.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Sep 13

Originally posted by GalaxyShield
Below sea level.

Obviously.
... "sea level" or mediocrity?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
04 Sep 13

... "sea level" or mediocrity?
Sea sounds like C as in school grades, below C level is below average.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Sep 13

Originally posted by ChessPraxis

Sea sounds like C as in school grades, below C level is below average.
"the time I can't remember were I put the other half."
"This one's the WINNAH!" (Kewpie)

2nd or 3rd Place maybe; we'll have to wait for the announcement.

Moves
04 Sep 13

"the time I can't remember were I put the other half."
"This one's the WINNAH!" (Kewpie)

2nd or 3rd Place maybe; we'll have to wait for the announcement.
I had no idea it was a contest...or exam. Oh by the way, I found the second half but now I've misplaced the first.:'(

Seemingly a vicious circle.

rural North Dakota

Moves
04 Sep 13

I have suddenly realized that all those loaves of bread get moldy if they are not eaten within a reasonable length of time. In fact, I have been finding moldy (ok...MOULDY) things in my frig lately. This comes from the fact that mr. ale is getting even more finicky about his food in his antiquity than he was when I married him. Which says a lot. So in an effort to please his waning appetite, I frequently change to a different menu. The freezer is now bulging with leftovers, and the frig is packed, too. I often send supper home with my cleaning lady and handyman to alleviate the problem. Any suggestions?

Moves
04 Sep 13

Originally posted by ale1552
I have suddenly realized that all those loaves of bread get moldy if they are not eaten within a reasonable length of time. In fact, I have been finding moldy (ok...MOULDY) things in my frig lately. This comes from the fact that mr. ale is getting even more finicky about his food in his antiquity than he was when I married him. Which says a lot. So in an ...[text shortened]... send supper home with my cleaning lady and handyman to alleviate the problem. Any suggestions?
Open a soup kitchen...if there's a need although I seem to remember that there are all kinds of good paying jobs out that way so maybe, if your place is big enough you could open up a B&B instaed and make some extra cash. Sounds as though there'd be lots of food.

l

Moves
04 Sep 13

I have suddenly realized that all those loaves of bread get moldy if they are not eaten within a reasonable length of time. In fact, I have been finding moldy (ok...MOULDY) things in my frig lately. This comes from the fact that mr. ale is getting even more finicky about his food in his antiquity than he was when I married him. Which says a lot. So in an ...[text shortened]... send supper home with my cleaning lady and handyman to alleviate the problem. Any suggestions?
No suggestions, just showing my admiration. 🙂

N

Moves
04 Sep 13

Bread freezes very well. If it's sliced bread, you can put it in the toaster right from frozen (or you could slice it before freezing). I put it in aluminium foil out of habit but you can probably use polythene bags. Of course, "all these loaves of bread" may suggest you have too many to fit in your freezer...

Although I'm a toast person through and through, so don't take this as certain, I think it defrosts without getting soggy. But I would make sure of that with one slice first.

I've just reread the question and it seems your freezer is full. It's a difficult problem and I can't think of a solution, at least for now.

Moves
04 Sep 13

Dry the bread and make breadcrumbs. They will take up a lot less space. Give away if no other use occurs.

http://www.finecooking.com/item/5111/breadcrumbs

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/taste/41428657.html

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
05 Sep 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
Half of the people you know are below average.
"Lies, damned lies and statistics"

Did you know:

Most people have more than the average number of legs.

Australia

Moves
05 Sep 13

I had no idea it was a contest...or exam. Oh by the way, I found the second half but now I've misplaced the first.:'(

Seemingly a vicious circle.
It didn't start out as a contest, but when I saw your post I just knew it couldn't be bettered. 😀

N

Moves
05 Sep 13

Half of what I say is meaningless
But I say it just to reach you, Julia