Going back to work tomorrow

Going back to work tomorrow

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
05 May 20

This should end well.

(technically I'm essential services)

Moves
05 May 20

Did the luas ever stop?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
05 May 20

@trev33 said
Did the luas ever stop?
Dunno. I've been locked down since mid March. Pretty much over it. I'd French kiss a nursing home resident if I could just meet other people.

Moves
05 May 20

@huckleberryhound said
Dunno. I've been locked down since mid March. Pretty much over it. I'd French kiss a nursing home resident if I could just meet other people.
Drive up to Belfast and get on a flight to London if you want to be close to people 😉

I think most are getting a bit antsy, not sure I'd french kissing nursing home residents mind you.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
05 May 20
1 edit

@trev33 said
Drive up to Belfast and get on a flight to London if you want to be close to people 😉

I think most are getting a bit antsy, not sure I'd french kissing nursing home residents mind you.
Nah, I decided to come downstairs to watch legion of skanks with a beer, just to put the return off till the afternoon. My wife is a bit antsy about it. I got a big plastic screen in my van so the people behind me don't breathe on me.

You in London now?

Moves
06 May 20

@huckleberryhound said
Nah, I decided to come downstairs to watch legion of skanks with a beer, just to put the return off till the afternoon. My wife is a bit antsy about it. I got a big plastic screen in my van so the people behind me don't breathe on me.

You in London now?
Figured they at least wouldn't allow anyone on the front seat, just the whole payment thing when you'll be in contact, no different from people working in supermarkets i guess. Hopefully you'll be fine, world has to restart at some point. Are you worried?

No, I went the other direction, In Belfast at the moment, people were complaining about a packed flight yesterday to London but since they only have a couple of flights now and there's no restriction on ticket sales it was bound to happen. Not surprised the UK has the highest death total in Europe now, while Ireland had shut down people in London were drinking in packed bars. Probably a lot of Irish cases links back to Cheltenham, how that was still staged in beyond me.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 May 20

@huckleberryhound said
This should end well.
(technically I'm essential services)
I thought you were a taxi driver?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 May 20

@divegeester said
I thought you were a taxi driver?
We have the health service contract.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 May 20

@trev33 said
Figured they at least wouldn't allow anyone on the front seat, just the whole payment thing when you'll be in contact, no different from people working in supermarkets i guess. Hopefully you'll be fine, world has to restart at some point. Are you worried?

No, I went the other direction, In Belfast at the moment, people were complaining about a packed flight yesterday to Lon ...[text shortened]... ars. Probably a lot of Irish cases links back to Cheltenham, how that was still staged in beyond me.
Cheltenham and the Italian rugby fans.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 May 20

@huckleberryhound said
We have the health service contract.
Oh ok nice one.

Why did they furlough you all in the first place then?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 May 20

I can’t wait to get back to work; looking forward to eating again.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 May 20

@divegeester said
Oh ok nice one.

Why did they furlough you all in the first place then?
All the non essential stuff, elderly transport, and day care units stopped . Also all other work dried up (not a lot of people going to the airport, if you know what I mean? Those that could stay home did. I'm not living from week to week, and I have an elderly relative at home, so I decided to stay home. 7 weeks later, a plastic screen and a shiet ton of masks on beard, I'm ready to get things moving again.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 May 20

@divegeester said
I can’t wait to get back to work; looking forward to eating again.
I will camp outside "Lao's" on parnell Street if I even hear rumour it might open again. Sad fact is a lot of businesses won't make it. The 5 phase restriction easing plan they have here seems pretty unworkable to a layman.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 May 20

@huckleberryhound said
All the non essential stuff, elderly transport, and day care units stopped . Also all other work dried up (not a lot of people going to the airport, if you know what I mean? Those that could stay home did. I'm not living from week to week, and I have an elderly relative at home, so I decided to stay home. 7 weeks later, a plastic screen and a shiet ton of masks on beard, I'm ready to get things moving again.
Well all the best with it today - have a good one.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 May 20
1 edit

@huckleberryhound said
I will camp outside "Lao's" on parnell Street if I even hear rumour it might open again. Sad fact is a lot of businesses won't make it. The 5 phase restriction easing plan they have here seems pretty unworkable to a layman.
Same here many small businesses are shutting down for good. Things are going to be much different in the New Normal in my opinion. Nice to hear you have screen up between yourself and passengers. Stay Safe!

-VR