GB Away 2013

GB Away 2013

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
12 Jun 13

For those who miss Orangutan's gbaway2 script for Firefox / GreaseMonkey, I have uploaded a beta version for use with the new RHP site design.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/170604

For those who have not used it, the script adds a button to all forum posts which allows you to block every forum post made by that user. There is also a link to un-block if you make a mistake.

Known issues: if you click 'unblock' and then change your mind and hit Cancel, it will un-block the first user. You can avoid this by entering any number that is not on the list.

Enjoy!

(Disclaimer : "GB" does not refer to anyone specific. Think of it generically - "Gigantic Bore", or, if they are not your USA football team, "Green Bay Packers". 😉)

Australia

Moves
12 Jun 13

Thanks for that. Pity that site's install count doesn't work, scriptwriters don't get any feedback to tell them how much interest there is.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
12 Jun 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
Thanks for that. Pity that site's install count doesn't work, scriptwriters don't get any feedback to tell them how much interest there is.
Shows how well I've kept my stuff updated...! I didn't even know the counter broke. However, I anticipate I will get some feedback here. Look, 2 thumbs down already! 🙂

Australia

Moves
12 Jun 13
2 edits

I just added mine to keep things going. 🙂 The one person I hide doesn't have the initials GB. I wonder who the naysayers are, the ones who think we should have to put up with their interminable BS?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
12 Jun 13

I just added mine to keep things going. 🙂 The one person I hide doesn't have the initials GB. I wonder who the naysayers are, the ones who think we should have to put up with their interminable BS?
The interminables also have their 'oh, he's not hurting anything' defenders. But whoever it is, I didn't write it for them (unless they wish to use it on my posts 🙂)

The BOSS

in my own mind.

Moves
13 Jun 13

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Look, 2 thumbs down already! 🙂
I'm sure they are from the Gigantic Bore himself and his trusty side kick Very Reactive.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Jun 13

"BS: from Latin "Bulbus Stercum" "1. it stands for BS; 2. it is said when someone tells a lie; 3. it is used when someone says something to suck-up; 4. it is said when you literally see bull poo; 5. a term used when you have to speak or write for a certain length and you have nothing better to say." (internet/urban slang)

"I wonder who the naysayers are, the ones who think we should have to put up with their interminable BS?" (Kewpie)

Of which five offenses are these "naysayers... who think we should have to put up with their interminable BS." guilty? (gb)

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
17 Jun 13
1 edit

"a term used when you have to speak or write for a certain length and you have nothing (better) to say."

i like the heck outta this...

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
17 Jun 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]"BS: from Latin "Bulbus Stercum" "1. it stands for BS; 2. it is said when someone tells a lie; 3. it is used when someone says something to suck-up; 4. it is said when you literally see bull poo; 5. a term used when you have to speak or write for a certain length and you have nothing better to say." (internet/urban slang)

"I wonder who the nay ...[text shortened]... ysayers... who think we should have to put up with their interminable BS." guilty? (gb)[/b]
say, gramps, i noticed you like to post up definitions a lot

why is that? is english not your first language, or what?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Jun 13

Originally posted by empovsun
say, gramps, i noticed you like to post up definitions a lot

why is that? is english not your first language, or what?
Hi, empovsun. Yep, English is my Mother Tongue. As to the definitions, maybe just happens following a sound night's sleep and a hearty Country Boy Breakfast. Maybe not. Maybe I read all the wrong, unassigned books at a major university in Beantown. Maybe, one of them was a collection of the works of T.S. Eliot, a few lines of which printed permanently on my forehead. One of them about the poet's primary responsibility in ancient times might be the culprit: "Since our concern was speech, and speech impelled us/ To purify the dialect of the tribe/ And urge the mind to aftersight and foresight..." (gb)