Gangs at school

Gangs at school

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
114d
1 edit

When you were at school were there gangs? If so what were they like?

Didn’t really happen at mine; there were a few loosely associated cliques but no gangs that I remember. There weren’t any clubs that I remember either. There were lots of sports groups and activities; I used to swim a lot.

Schools these days seem to have clubs and gangs I believe.

F

Moves
114d

There were clubs but no gangs. My school was not oppressive, as such, but it was tough and tightly controlled. Many of the teachers were as-hard-as nails Catholic brothers and priests. There was a Discipline Master who had a strategically placed office that overlooked the playground and opened onto the main corridor of the school. There was a system of prefects with considerable powers. If they abused them, they were dealt with. There was no equivalent of 'organized crime' that could exist and pupil on pupil violence was not tolerated. It was back in the era when parents who came in to argue the corner of recalcitrant pupils were told to take their children to a different school if they didn't approve of the school's governance. As for clubs, I spent some time in the Subbuteo club.

Gothenburg

Moves
114d
1 edit

No gangs in our school, just a bunch of lazy students, comprehensive school had just been introduced.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
114d

@divegeester said

Didn’t really happen at mine; there were a few loosely associated cliques but no gangs that I remember. There weren’t any clubs that I remember either. There were lots of sports groups and activities; I used to swim a lot.

my secondary school was like the gangs of new york,the campus sat in the middle of 4 council estates 2 on one side 2 the other & 2 seperate entrances,bullying was rife(and no I was not one of the bullies) fights in the playground were frequent as were fights afrer school most nights,to cap things of, between my house and school was a catholic boys school,it was a battle in its self to get home without running into st anthony boys.this was 63-67,managed to get through it unscathed lol but I knew a few that didnt,one lad hung himself another overdosed.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
114d

@divegeester said

With gangs take on the biggest guy, knock him out and the rest will leave you alone. 🙂

-VR

Moves
114d

Oh dear…

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
114d

@divegeester said
Oh dear…
What now?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
113d

@the-gravedigger said
What now?
Don't know you know? Gooster stays away from violence. 🙂 He does his fighting with words, or at least tries to!!

-VR

Moves
113d

@the-gravedigger said
What now?
Rusty’s tough stories 🙄

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
113d
1 edit

@divegeester said
Rusty’s tough stories 🙄
You don't have any, because you do your fighting with words, my little man. 🙂 😛

-VR

Moves
113d

Tough story coming up. At school a lot of the girls were always ganging up on me, but I still managed to get my licks in.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
113d
1 edit

@pettytalk said
Tough story coming up. At school a lot of the girls were always ganging up on me, but I still managed to get my licks in.
That could be taken two ways, but my mind sometimes wonders into the gutter. 🙂

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
112d

@divegeester said

No gangs in any school I attended (as far as I know) but I was in a rural area, and "gangs" is very much reated to cities I presume.

Moves
112d

@very-rusty said
That could be taken two ways, but my mind sometimes wonders into the gutter. 🙂

-VR
There's always something else to be said about ambiguity.

c

Moves
111d

Why do old(er) people always complain about young people like they were never young themselves? “The kids these days” are probably sick of older people telling them how they’re not good enough and how they were angels in their youth and this is a corrupt and evil generation etc.

I guess this is a way for older people to feel better about themselves by bashing the kids, seems hypocritical.

Humans will always be human, Gen Z and todays millennials will be doing the same tomorrow.