Fear of life?

Fear of life?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
28 Jun 22

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." ~ Mark Twain

Gothenburg

Moves
28 Jun 22

@FMF
The fear could have two or more reasons - fear of pain and being helpless at the mercy of others, and/or the fear of leaving life for uncertainty.

F

Moves
28 Jun 22

@torunn said
@FMF
The fear could have two or more reasons - fear of pain and being helpless at the mercy of others, and/or the fear of leaving life for uncertainty.
A sudden death, having had a good innings, with one's affairs well and truly in order: the perfect recipe?

Gothenburg

Moves
28 Jun 22

@fmf said
A sudden death, having had a good innings, with one's affairs well and truly in order: the perfect recipe?
A sudden death, if totally unexpected, can be a blessing for the dead person but a disaster for family and friends.

F

Moves
28 Jun 22

@torunn said
A sudden death, if totally unexpected, can be a blessing for the dead person but a disaster for family and friends.
Family and friends should be mentally prepared then, especially if the deceased had a good innings.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
28 Jun 22

@fmf said
Family and friends should be mentally prepared then, especially if the deceased had a good innings.
Are you? (prepared for a sudden death of each and verey person near to you?

I am not and I can't.

Gothenburg

Moves
28 Jun 22
1 edit

@ponderable said

I am not and I can't.
I am trying to prepare my family in case something happens to me, but I can't imagine anything happen to my daughters, grandchildren or great-granddaughter, that's impossible.

F

Moves
28 Jun 22

@ponderable said
Those that have had a good innings, yes. I think so.

Gothenburg

Moves
28 Jun 22

“Life changes in the instant. The ordinary instant.”
― Joan Didion

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
28 Jun 22

I have no fear of death.
If you met my wife you would realise why.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Jun 22

@the-gravedigger said
I have no fear of death.
If you met my wife you would realise why.
I had that heart attack and really felt no fear whilst waiting for the op, went in on thursday night ,tests xrays etc op 5pm friday op took 1 1/2 hr and they kept me awake.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
28 Jun 22

@badradger said
I had that heart attack and really felt no fear whilst waiting for the op, went in on thursday night ,tests xrays etc op 5pm friday op took 1 1/2 hr and they kept me awake.
I hope you will get well!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Jun 22

@ponderable said
I hope you will get well!
that was 3 years ago had a few probs with the blood thinners, and irregular heart beat,I dont think I can get any better without a heart transplant and in the uk at my age I cant see it happening.but thanks for your kind wishes.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
28 Jun 22

@badradger said
Best wishes from me.
Sounds grim being kept awake.
James Cook has got a very good reputation for heart surgery.
A friend of mine recently had major heart problems and they saved his life.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Jun 22

@the-gravedigger said
Best wishes from me.
Sounds grim being kept awake.
James Cook has got a very good reputation for heart surgery.
A friend of mine recently had major heart problems and they saved his life.
well they probably saved mine 3 stents, but the blood thinners caused complications now i have an irregular heart beat and heart failure, so its a case of getting on with it, i hoped a pacemaker may have helped ,fingers X i get something soon its debilitating getting out of breath so easy.