1. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    25 Dec '13 00:151 edit
    it said Please re-enter your password for security reasons. i think this was a major hack?
  2. In your face
    Moves
    25 Dec '13 00:41
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    25 Dec '13 01:02
    Originally posted by tim88
    it said Please re-enter your password for security reasons. i think this was a major hack?
    Tim, glad to hear from you. I had heard you were in the Philippines and got mugged. I wired you the $1800, I hope that helped. 😕
  4. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    25 Dec '13 01:132 edits
    it happened to everyone I mean everyone couldn't log on?. if yahoo email was down I think it wouldn't have said "Re-enter your password for security reasons
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Dec '13 07:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Dec '13 07:28
    I think it was a major f***-*p. They could alt least have written a note of apology when the site came back up.
  7. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    25 Dec '13 08:251 edit
    These were the exact words of the message.

Sorry, your session has expired. To protect your account, you need to confirm your password periodically.

"Sounds Shifty"
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Dec '13 13:15

Sorry, your session has expired. To protect your account, you need to confirm your password periodically.

"Sounds Shifty"
    So, now common anti-hacking measures are signs they've been hacked?

Oh, please.

It's about time Yahoo mail started doing this. My cable internet provider has been doing this on their web-based email reader for a couple years now.
  9. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '13 14:11

"Sounds Shifty"
    I rang BT with the same problem and they said it was 'outage'.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '13 14:17
    It was just Christmas - once in a year they show concern for their customers.
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 10:19

"Sounds Shifty"
    I know . My point was that they should post a word of explanation to make sure it hasn't been hacked or at least that the hack has ben overcome. Be sure to change your password however
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 10:51
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I know . My point was that they should post a word of explanation to make sure it hasn't been hacked or at least that the hack has ben overcome. Be sure to change your password however
    But it is not hacking behavior. It is behavior to help reduce hacking.

Even online games log you out if you don't move your mouse once in a while.

Why do some people have this grand idea of 'hacking' as some magical ability where the hacker uploads some mystical program via a disk or flash drive and then wreaks havoc on said computer? Most hacking is simply 'social engineering' to talk people out of their passwords or better yet, just a crime of opportunity, using someone's computer while they're up using the bathroom or something (yes, while they're still logged in). Rarely is it as complicated as someone somehow magically gaining access via 'artful' means.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 10:56
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But it is not hacking behavior. It is behavior to help reduce hacking.

Even online games log you out if you don't move your mouse once in a while.

Why do some people have this grand idea of 'hacking' as some magical ability where the hacker uploads some mystical program via a disk or flash drive and then wreaks havoc on said computer? Most hacking i ...[text shortened]... n). Rarely is it as complicated as someone somehow magically gaining access via 'artful' means.
    Shows how little you know.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 11:00
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Shows how little you know.
    Wow, the 'master of all knowledge' chimes in.

Spare me, Yogi.
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 11:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Wow, the 'master of all knowledge' chimes in.

Spare me, Yogi.
    Master of all knowledge, I'm flattered but no.

You wouldn't believe what some people are capable of with a computer... for all you know someone could be looking at your screen right now. Highly unlikely unless you work for MI6 but possible.

Banks have been hacked, police files hacked... the FBI has been hacked. I Don't have the first clue how they do it but anyone who uses the internet completely oblivious to the fact that everything they do can be monitored and stolen is a little beyond naive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree