Difference between Americans and Europeans

Difference between Americans and Europeans

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A

RSA

Moves
05 Feb 18

Originally posted by @moonbus
Does the playstation generation know Mozart? Yes, if they saw the movie Amadeus ... But I doubt they could name five other classical composers whose last names do not start with 'B.'
Everyone knows that Bach is far superior to Mozart . I mean, Mozart was probably more talented as a person but one cannot compare the comparatively boring classical period with the grandeur of the Baroque period. 😀

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Feb 18
1 edit

Does the playstation generation know Mozart? Yes, if they saw the movie Amadeus ... But I doubt they could name five other classical composers whose last names do not start with 'B.'
most of them have heard of Mozart. no one knows Mozart ''
just like morrison.

why do you think they keep going to his shrine?? That guy was gold all the way and I reckon you know it 😉

Moves
06 Feb 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
most of them have heard of Mozart. no one knows Mozart ''
just like morrison.

why do you think they keep going to his shrine?? That guy was gold all the way and I reckon you know it 😉
Meh. I just sang some choral numbers from Le Nozze last Saturday. They're nice enough ditties, but there's no heart to them, no balls, no conviction. It goes no deeper than a very galant surface. And that, IMAO, is the problem with just about all of Mozart - except the Requiem.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Feb 18

Originally posted by @shallow-blue
Meh. I just sang some choral numbers from Le Nozze last Saturday. They're nice enough ditties, but there's no heart to them, no balls, no conviction. It goes no deeper than a very galant surface. And that, IMAO, is the problem with just about all of Mozart - except the Requiem.
jim morrison is deep bro. goto sleep with 'an american prayer' . it'll free your soul if you get it. no crap. str8 up bro... i s*** you not. listen

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
06 Feb 18

I think this discussion belongs in Culture or Debates.

Nonetheless, I think Mozart's operas are mostly lighthearted entertainment, and were intended as such. The 40th Symphony has depth though.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Feb 18

Nonetheless, I think Mozart's operas are mostly lighthearted entertainment, and were intended as such. The 40th Symphony has depth though.
You think? Bro, I s*** u not .

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ashiitaka
Everyone knows that Bach is far superior to Mozart . I mean, Mozart was probably more talented as a person but one cannot compare the comparatively boring classical period with the grandeur of the Baroque period. 😀
classical music has class. intelligent people are rewared by it

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Feb 18

Europeans are interested in qualities.
Americans are interested in quantities.

Moves
07 Feb 18

Well... if so, I can't find it. Compared to Beethoven or Dvořak, it leaves me distinctly lukewarm. YMMV.

Gothenburg

Moves
07 Feb 18

Well... if so, I can't find it. Compared to Beethoven or Dvořak, it leaves me distinctly lukewarm. YMMV.
Mozart gives me positive energy, other composers bring me passion.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
07 Feb 18

Well... if so, I can't find it.
That's your frailty, not Mozart's. Not every listener has ears to hear every composer. Listen again; if you still don't hear it, I can't make you.

Moves
07 Feb 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Europeans are interested in qualities.
Americans are interested in quantities.
Europeans run to culture.
Americans run from it.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
07 Feb 18

Originally posted by @wolfe63
Europeans run to culture.
Americans run from it.
Reminds me of: "What's the difference between yoghurt and California?" Answer: yoghurt has a living culture.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
09 Feb 18

Originally posted by @trev33
Europeans when talking to Americans will change they way they say something if they know Americans say it differently, or at least explain the word while Americans will just say 'freshman year in college' for example without giving it a second thought that we might not have a clue what freshman year is.
To answer the question in the title:

about the width of the North Atlantic?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
09 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ponderable
To answer the question in the title:

about the width of the North Atlantic?
LOL...That would be the safest answer!!!

-VR