david and goliath

david and goliath

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read a book!

Moves
06 Jan 19

@great-big-stees said
Is there proof there is "a God"?
You tell me.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jan 19

@handyandy said
You tell me.
Andy,

Why not just say you can't prove it just something you been taught over the years?

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
06 Jan 19
1 edit

@handyandy said
You tell me.
I like to think there is.

There is no rational approach - either we believe or we don't, and I have learnt (with the help from a friend here) that I do.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jan 19
1 edit

@torunn said
I like to think there is.
There now, some honesty.

I think a lot of people would like to believe there is, but we don't know for certain.

As I told Andy all we have to go by is what we were taught.

I often wonder why a good God man or woman would allow all the suffering that goes on in the world? A superior being would be able to stop all that!

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
06 Jan 19

@very-rusty said
There now, some honesty.

I think a lot of people would like to believe there is, but we don't know for certain.

As I told Andy all we have to go by is what we were taught.

I often wonder why a good God man or woman would allow all the suffering that goes on in the world? A superior being would be able to stop all that!

-VR
This discussion belongs to the Sprituality forum, but before it's being transferred there I would just say that belief and trust comes from inside, much depending on what you have experienced yourself, and I owe that to a friend.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jan 19

@torunn said
This discussion belongs to the Sprituality forum, but before it's being transferred there I would just say that belief and trust comes from inside, much depending on what you have experienced yourself, and I owe that to a friend.
I said on my first post it belonged in the Spirituality Forum. Of course certain people wanted to carry on the convernsation in here. Perhaps I should go in the Spirituality Forum and start discussing things that aren't meant to be in there! πŸ˜‰

Rather someone believes in God or not doesn't even really matter. It will not be proven rather there is a God man or woman at least in this world.

I would still like an answer as to why a God would allow all the killing, and starving children in the world. Couldn't a supreme being put a stop to all that?

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
06 Jan 19

@very-rusty said
I said on my first post it belonged in the Spirituality Forum. Of course certain people wanted to carry on the convernsation in here. Perhaps I should go in the Spirituality Forum and start discussing things that aren't meant to be in there! πŸ˜‰

Rather someone believes in God or not doesn't even really matter. It will not be proven rather there is a God man or woman at ...[text shortened]... killing, and starving children in the world. Couldn't a supreme being put a stop to all that?

-VR
The question why God allows evil to exist if he/she is almighty has always been the big question. We have good and evil inside us, otherwise we wouldn't be human.
This is how far I can go in a discussion in this forum. I haven't got the answers but I feel less need for them. I search within myself to find what I believe in and trust.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jan 19
1 edit

@torunn said
The question why God allows evil to exist if he/she is almighty has always been the big question. We have good and evil inside us, otherwise we wouldn't be human.
This is how far I can go in a discussion in this forum. I haven't got the answers but I feel less need for them. I search within myself to find what I believe in and trust.
The question of why God would allow evil to exist has indeed been around for eons, and the answer is no where in sight.

I do believe there is good and evil in everyone. I also believe everyone has the choice to believe what they wish.

I don't think people should try to preach and to persuade others about believing in what they believe in. I grew up being taught Catholic Religion, then saw what hypocrites they were preaching one thing and doing something else.

Passing you by on a rainy day coming from church because they didn't want to get the back seat of their car wet. How Christian is that? We don't even have to discuss the Priests and what happened there is well known.

-VR

Moves
06 Jan 19

@handyandy said
You tell me.
Well...I, personally, don't think so.

Gothenburg

Moves
06 Jan 19

@very-rusty said
The question of why God would allow evil to exist has indeed been around for eons, and the answer is no where in sight.

I do believe there is good and evil in everyone. I also believe everyone has the choice to believe what they wish.

I don't think people should try to preach and to persuade others about believing in what they believe in. I grew up being taught Cath ...[text shortened]... an is that? We don't even have to discuss the Priests and what happened there is well known.

-VR
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we all have different perspectives depending on who we are and how we have lived and what we have been taught. I live in a country where religion is of no importance so there are no guidelines or traditions to go by. When life is easy there may be no need for help, but when it gets complicated and difficult, we may need to go further. That's all I can say.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Jan 19

@mister-moggy said
if david was trusting in his god to have him defeat goliath why did he pick up five stones from the riverbed instead of just one ?
Because it may have taken more than one stone...?

πŸ™„

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jan 19

@torunn said
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we all have different perspectives depending on who we are and how we have lived and what we have been taught. I live in a country where religion is of no importance so there are no guidelines or traditions to go by. When life is easy there may be no need for help, but when it gets complicated and difficult, we may need to go further. That's all I can say.
If you have something to turn to when the going gets tough that you believe in fine. I don't have a thing against it. I also haven't said if I believe in a God or not, just that it shouldn't be shoved down people's throats is all! πŸ˜‰

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
06 Jan 19

@very-rusty said
If you have something to turn to when the going gets tough that you believe in fine. I don't have a thing against it. I also haven't said if I believe in a God or not, just that it shouldn't be shoved down people's throats is all! πŸ˜‰

-VR
I agree, trust must come from inside.

Moves
06 Jan 19

@very-rusty said
LOL@ Suzie,

Do you understand how stupid you sound. How am I suppose to know how old Women or men for that matter are on here, and for that matter if they really are men or women? πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR
Silly little man,
all bang and tiny rocket,
I bet if I just scooped you up,
I could put you in my pocket.

Moves
06 Jan 19

@very-rusty said
Same question Andy what evidence do you have that he/she does exist?

If he/she does exist why do they allow all the suffering in the world?

-VR
Take it to Spirituality Spanky.