Commencement

Commencement

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
06 May 15

The term commencement is used synonymously with the word graduation...interesting that they are actually more opposite than similar...graduation connoting an ending (for me, it has taken nearly 30 years to reach the finish line), and commencement pointing to a beginning...

So, finally, Saturday, May 9, I will walk across the stage gowned, capped, collared and corded...graduated and ready to commence on a new path...something familiar...more school...entering the Master Social Work program June 8...

My commencement will be streaming if anyone cares to see me walk at 9 am Central time:

http://www.tarleton.edu/graduation/index.html

Congratulations Class of 2015
I'm happy to be among ye...

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
06 May 15

Congratulations on a job well done.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 May 15

Originally posted by hakima
The term commencement is used synonymously with the word graduation...interesting that they are actually more opposite than similar...graduation connoting an ending (for me, it has taken nearly 30 years to reach the finish line), and commencement pointing to a beginning...

So, finally, Saturday, May 9, I will walk across the stage gowned, capped, collared ...[text shortened]... tarleton.edu/graduation/index.html

You're a member of the Class of 2015 in more ways than one. I salute you, your work ethic and determination. Kudos on a job well done.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
07 May 15

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
07 May 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Wow! Drew! Thank you so much! What a blessing and a friend you are.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
07 May 15

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
07 May 15

So, finally, Saturday, May 9, I will walk across the stage gowned, capped, collared ...[text shortened]... tarleton.edu/graduation/index.html

Congratulations.

In my case I never walked gowned, capped, collared and corded...I got my degree from the office without any formality (save showing my ID)...enjoy the party!

Moves
07 May 15

A great achievement achieved through dedication and hard graft.

Well done.

🙂

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 May 15

Congratulations. It gets harder as you get older!
(Qualified Teacher at 45)

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
07 May 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Congratulations. It gets harder as you get older!
(Qualified Teacher at 45)
I my case (I am 53) It was easier in the sense that I knew what I wanted so I could put my heart into it and focus. Harder, perhaps because I had a lot of life--a home, a job, a marriage, children AND grandchildren to pay attention to at the same time...eventually ihad to shift my focus completely on school, could longer work and relationships suffered.

I'm taking the commencement walk as a personal reminder of all of the sacrifices.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
07 May 15

Congratulations to you. 🙂

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
09 May 15

Thanks for the good wishes, my friends...Here is the shortened version of the conferral of my degree...(thanks rookie54 for the videotape)

It's been a great day, and now I'm tired!

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
09 May 15

Moves
09 May 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Here, here. Watch out, there's more to come...maybe Dr. hakima? 😉

l

Moves
10 May 15

Thanks for the good wishes, my friends...Here is the shortened version of the conferral of my degree...(thanks rookie54 for the videotape)

https://youtu.be/94oKmi7n1l8

It's been a great day, and now I'm tired!
Congratulations!