Christmas, 2015, on Red Hot Pawn

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Nov 15
2 edits

It's only twenty five shopping days until Christmas Day Friday, December 25, 2015. What online virtual gifts do you hope to give to and/or receive from other members of Red Hot Pawn? Remember: St. Nicolas and Santa Claus know which RHP Boys and Girls have been naughty or nice on these public forums during this past year. Comments on your favorite yearend holiday foods and beverages, music and traditions during childhood and now are also welcome.

Moves
29 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Christmas, 2015, on Red Hot Pawn

It's only twenty five shopping days until Christmas Day Friday, December 25, 2015. What online virtual gifts do you hope to give to and/or receive from other members of Red Hot Pawn? Remember: St. Nicolas and Santa Claus know which RHP Boys and Girls have been naughty or nice on these public forums during this ...[text shortened]... end holiday foods and beverages, music and traditions during childhood and now are also welcome.[/b]
I'm hoping for the return of the :'(

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Nov 15

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
I'm hoping for the return of the :'(
And if you find "the :'(" in your stocking will you share it with other members of Red Hot Pawn?

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
29 Nov 15
1 edit

Yay, Christmas, yes! What a nice time to spread love. Also, to share
with our users a friendly reminder. Here we go:

Public Service Announcement, courtesy of the American Psychiatric
Association

Be careful sharing your personal details on RHP with a certain
someone. Users portraying themselves as a harmless 'lad', white hair
and all (even with imaginary friends who persist to exist despite the
medication) are known to fish sensitive data which can then be used
for passive aggressive rants, nauseating copy pasting, and tasteless
disclosures to attract attention to themselves. Be afraid of whomever
invokes the TOS or the supreme ruler role of Russ.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Nov 15

"Boys and Girls, there's an enormous holiday trash receptacle placed at the end of the hall for your convenience." ~Mrs. Santa Claus ----------------> \_/

F

Moves
30 Nov 15

It's only twenty five shopping days until Christmas Day Friday, December 25, 2015. What online virtual gifts do you hope to give to and/or receive from other members of Red Hot Pawn? Remember: St. Nicolas and Santa Claus know which RHP Boys and Girls have been naughty or nice on these public forums during this past ...[text shortened]... end holiday foods and beverages, music and traditions during childhood and now are also welcome.
Not exactly a momentous day. I have had to work on about three of the last five Christmas Days. 'Children's Mass' at 7 am (or, if not, the long 9 pm one the evening before), one gift [usually by shopping for it together] for each of the children but no one else, a bit of sitting around with grand parents holding court, perhaps a jaunt to the next town along to visit the children's uncles, aunts, grand uncles, grand aunts, and the surviving great grandmother.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
Not exactly a momentous day. I have had to work on about three of the last five Christmas Days. 'Children's Mass' at 7 am (or, if not, the long 9 pm one the evening before), one gift [usually by shopping for it together] for each of the children but no one else, a bit of sitting around with grand parents holding court, perhaps a jaunt to the next town along to visit the children's uncles, aunts, grand uncles, grand aunts, and the surviving great grandmother.
Thank you for the second on topic post which I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

F

Moves
30 Nov 15

Thank you for the second on topic post which I thoroughly enjoyed reading.
It's when you are faced with questions you don't thoroughly enjoy reading that your behaviour falls apart. 😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
It's when you are faced with questions you don't thoroughly enjoy reading that your behaviour falls apart. 😉
It's the honesty of this biographical reminiscence which ignores the risks of the perils of candor I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
30 Nov 15

Thank God our Family agreed to break the capitalistic "gifting spree". Christmas is much more enjoyable that way.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Dec 15
2 edits

As children our favorite traditional foods at Nana's house on those blessed occasions of Christmas so long ago included Swedish Meatballs, Pickled Herring, Smelts, Hardtack, Spritz Cookies, Butter Horns and Cardamom Braided Loaves. We politely declined the Lutefisk which was a gelatinous delicacy of the annual transformation by lye bath soaking, aging, rinsing and creaming that poor old Atlantic Ocean Cod. The obvious question raised was why dry them out in the first place? Culinary benefit? An ancestral tradition? Answer known only to parents, uncles and aunts, paternal grandparents and God.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Dec 15

Reset: Only 21 Shopping Days until Christmas.

Moves
03 Dec 15

It's only twenty five shopping days until Christmas Day Friday, December 25, 2015. What online virtual gifts do you hope to give to and/or receive from other members of Red Hot Pawn? Remember: St. Nicolas and Santa Claus know which RHP Boys and Girls have been naughty or nice on these public forums during this ...[text shortened]... end holiday foods and beverages, music and traditions during childhood and now are also welcome.[/b]
I'm going to send robbie carrobie a roll of black pudding

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Dec 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm going to send robbie carrobie a roll of black pudding
And what would you hope to receive from him?

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
03 Dec 15

"Sheeple, there's an enormous brain and dignity trash receptacle placed at the end of the hall for your convenience." ~Dr. Nutcase Shrink ----------------> \_/