Brexit

Brexit

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A

RSA

Moves
09 Feb 17

Originally posted by Trev33
The BBC and every other news agency and website... simple statistics, the vast majority who voted to leave were old and didn't go to university. That's just fact.

Had more of the younger, 'educated' people bothered to turn up and vote remain probably would have won. That's why elections in countries where you're free not to turn up are fundamentally fla ...[text shortened]... options, remain, leave and no vote and make it a crime not to to show up or make a postal vote.
One could also argue young people have less experience and haven't seen the EU since it was formed or witnessed some of its dangerous anti democracy ignoring of referendums about the euro and the Maastricht treaty.

A

RSA

Moves
09 Feb 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
No chance of it being allowed by whom? the Europeans or the British? wouldn't independence solve that? her goal is to make the UK fail? really? To screw everyone over? Are you sure you are in your senses? hated by whom? certainly not the Scots. What I don't understand is why the SNP don't cut a deal with Labour to form a coalition and oust the Torys, ...[text shortened]... to call another referendum especially if she deems it in Scottish interests to remain in Europe.
But this is where you have been fooled by her. There is no remaining in Europe, no matter what. She is only saying that to buy time so she can call a referendum before Britain gets an exit deal.

It is in Scotland's interests to help the UK government, who will get everything beneficial about the EU without having to tolerate the ECJ, freedom of movement, schengen or the customs union.

She knows that in the long run the UK will get what it wants out of the EU and then her case for independence vanishes.

A

RSA

Moves
09 Feb 17

Originally posted by Trev33
Can't Scotland just leave already so it opens the door for a United Ireland and England and Wales can be left alone to play big spoon, little spoon all on their own?
There is also no mandate for a united Ireland within Northern Ireland. I would advise you stop dreaming.

Moves
09 Feb 17

A

RSA

Moves
09 Feb 17
1 edit

On another note, this should be in the debates forum 🙄

I guess we could never resist having a go at one another.

Moves
09 Feb 17

Argue? Who's arguing?

I'm stating facts, if everyone was forced to vote by voting trends it looks very likely that remain would have won. Going by voting demographic alone. Who is right or wrong or if it actually matters will be seen in time. I still think they should have stayed but maybe it won't matter after trump instigates WW3.

Regarding your forecast comment... don't believe everything you read just because you like the autor or website which published it. Forecasts also saw remain winning, look how that turned out...

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Feb 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Actually the SNP enjoy almost universal support its only on the issue of independence that some are hesitant. Its important to understand the shift from universal support for labour. Essentially in all the years of Labour government they did practically nothing for the people of Scotland itself, the people came to realise this and support shifted t ...[text shortened]... vings', is disrespectful and inaccurate and to call it overstepping a mandate borders on lunacy.
Scottish Independence, sheesh.

You guys haven't even figured out yet the benefits of trousers.

A

RSA

Moves
09 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Scottish Independence, sheesh.

You guys haven't even figured out yet the benefits of trousers.
You shouldn't mock Scottish culture.

Even in jest.

A

RSA

Moves
09 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ponderable
Marine LePen anounced the plan to leave the EU...and she might even has a Chance of the French presidency.
Even in the unlikely case she wins I doubt she has a mandate to take France out of the European Union.

The EU actually benefits France, unlike the UK, and I think most French people realize this.

The only reason Marine Le Pen even has a shot is because of the recent terrorist attacks, which is not a long term reason.

Moves
09 Feb 17

rtmiller

Mullion, Cornwall

Moves
09 Feb 17

'Chaos?', do you mean the media bull.

rtmiller

Mullion, Cornwall

Moves
09 Feb 17

Originally posted by Seitse
No, you're not. You're the uneducated and aging as per the statistics.

I'll stick to my poop and pee, thanks. They fit very well with my diplomas,
flock of thick hair, and cosmopolitan worldview. Merci.
And a sanctimonious twat as well! Well done!

rtmiller

Mullion, Cornwall

Moves
09 Feb 17

Originally posted by Seitse
Whoa, dude, chill. Why get defensive? It's just what the numbers say:
Leave voters are more likely to be unschooled people who are closer to death.

I'd rather hear your best guess as to why that is.
Because they have experienced life and know more.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Feb 17

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Feb 17