Blitz Tournament

Blitz Tournament

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 Mar 21

This might not work but worth a shot. I'm thinking we need at least 8 people to make it interesting.

Russ made this site I presume to replace the old blitz feature that used to be on RHP.

https://www.blitzchess.net/room

To make a simple tournament I'm thinking a single game random color knockout style bracket, 10 minutes clock each with 5 seconds clock increment so games will last no longer than 30 minutes. It would be up to the two players to agree a time to play the match, hopefully within a few days of the draw to keep it moving along.

Anyone interested?

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
05 Mar 21

faster pussycat

Moves
05 Mar 21

Said the owl

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Mar 21

@trev33 said
This might not work but worth a shot. I'm thinking we need at least 8 people to make it interesting.

Russ made this site I presume to replace the old blitz feature that used to be on RHP.

To make a simple tournament I'm thinking a single game random color knockout style bracket, 10 minutes clock each with 5 seconds clock increment so ga ...[text shortened]... ay the match, hopefully within a few days of the draw to keep it moving along.

Anyone interested?
You have to find people in your own rating range trev33.

-VR

Alekhine's Gun

πŸ€” Bolton

Moves
05 Mar 21

Err, yeah.... nice 1 TrevπŸ‘πŸš¬

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Mar 21
1 edit

@hells-caretaker said
Err, yeah.... nice 1 TrevπŸ‘πŸš¬
Hey h-c is the thumbs up and fag/cig your signature now? πŸ˜‰

You sure use it a lot! πŸ˜‰

-VR

Moves
05 Mar 21

@very-rusty said
You have to find people in your own rating range trev33.

-VR
I don't think so, it's just some fun plus someone rated 1400 here who plays speed chess will slaughter me or i'll run out of time.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Mar 21

@trev33 said
I don't think so, it's just some fun plus someone rated 1400 here who plays speed chess will slaughter me or i'll run out of time.
Well we can agree to disagree on that one, you can prove me wrong by losing purposely though. πŸ™‚

-VR

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
05 Mar 21

On the new board UI, you can do lots of new things with your right (or alternative) mouse button.

Such as highlight tiles (right click and/or ctrl + right click for alt color), or right drag for arrows (drag again over same tiles to remove).

Everything vanishes after every move, so you can make a mess if you want without ruining your game!

These will be used for analysis tools at a later date, but you can play with them now.

Moves
05 Mar 21

@trev33 said

To make a simple tournament I'm thinking a single game random color knockout style bracket, 10 minutes clock each with 5 seconds clock increment so ga ...[text shortened]... ay the match, hopefully within a few days of the draw to keep it moving along.

Anyone interested?
Count me in.
Correspondence ratings may vary greatly from those of speedier chess matches.

So initially, ratings might be of a lesser importance.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Mar 21

@wolfe63 said
Count me in.
Correspondence ratings may vary greatly from those of speedier chess matches.

So initially, ratings might be of a lesser importance.
I remember you gave me a run for my money.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
05 Mar 21

@WOLFE63

When this hits RHP it will not be rated initially, but I will record all games, so I can retrospectively apply a starting rating when ratings are introduced.

A
Shoshin

under a fig tree

Moves
05 Mar 21

@trev33 said

Anyone interested?
Please add me to the list - let's play.

Alekhine's Gun

πŸ€” Bolton

Moves
05 Mar 21

@very-rusty said
Hey h-c is the thumbs up and fag/cig your signature now? πŸ˜‰

You sure use it a lot! πŸ˜‰

-VR
Funny you crumbling sand castle🀦‍♂️ I've told you before not to goad meπŸ˜‘ I'll put a fag out on the end of the post as I type - media interaction (over your headπŸ˜‰) clearly...πŸ‘πŸš¬

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Mar 21

@hells-caretaker said
Funny you crumbling sand castle🀦‍♂️ I've told you before not to goad meπŸ˜‘ I'll put a fag out on the end of the post as I type - media interaction (over your headπŸ˜‰) clearly...πŸ‘πŸš¬
Childish h-c....but hell carry on!!! πŸ˜›

If you're having fun go with it! πŸ™‚

-VR