Back in the day

Back in the day

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feline Australian

Australia

Moves
13 Nov 19

When law and order and authority meant something, we were trained not to express our personal views on "politics, religion and football" in order to avoid unnecessary upset and conflict.

Our ancestors couldn't predict what would happen when anonymity arrived.

Gothenburg

Moves
13 Nov 19

@Kewpie
... we could sleep with our windows open at night and our doors unlocked.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
13 Nov 19

@torunn said
@Kewpie
... we could sleep with our windows open at night and our doors unlocked.
We still do that in rural Germany 😉

Gothenburg

Moves
13 Nov 19

@ponderable said
We still do that in rural Germany 😉
Great! That must be a good feeling. 🙂

Moves
13 Nov 19

Back in the day...

... one at least feigned consideration for others.

(A contemporary observation of societal disposition can be descried via rapid jaunt through Wal-Mart.)

ENGLAND

Moves
13 Nov 19

"back in the day..."

My jeans were larger in the waist area; it is disappointing how clothing manufacturers try to cut costs by reducing material.

Gothenburg

Moves
13 Nov 19

@divegeester said
"back in the day..."

My jeans were larger in the waist area; it is disappointing how clothing manufacturers try to cut costs by reducing material.
Materials are of bad quality, they shrink.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Nov 19

I know we were much more active as kids and teenagers then the majority of the kids and teenagers of this era.

-VR

Feline Australian

Australia

Moves
14 Nov 19

@very-rusty said
I know we were much more active as kids and teenagers then the majority of the kids and teenagers of this era.

-VR
At least some of us were. I certainly wasn't.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Nov 19

@kewpie said
At least some of us were. I certainly wasn't.
I Loved sports...Back then families were big so there were lots of kids my age. We had enough guys to make 2 baseball teams, hockey teams, football, and soccer. We were always outside and active even on days school were called off. We would head down to a pond scrape it off and play hockey the rest of the day.

-VR

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Nov 19

@Very-Rusty
Now the only sports are thumb movements.
I used to run a lot. But now I do see that at least, our schools are up the street and they have runners doing rounds so that is encouraging at least.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Nov 19

@sonhouse said
@Very-Rusty
Now the only sports are thumb movements.
I used to run a lot. But now I do see that at least, our schools are up the street and they have runners doing rounds so that is encouraging at least.
I still do a brisk walk and jog a bit, do pushups and situp and the plank.

Exercise is so important! I don't see the kids doing alot like we did back in the day, unless of course they are in an organized sport.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
14 Nov 19

There is a school in our district for children up to 6th grade. There is also a large empty open area which hasn't been used for anything - until now. Now it has been made into a good space for different activities including football, and I'm so happy to see it's crowded with kids who just love to play there.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Nov 19

@torunn said
There is a school in our district for children up to 6th grade. There is also a large empty open area which hasn't been used for anything - until now. Now it has been made into a good space for different activities including football, and I'm so happy to see it's crowded with kids who just love to play there.
That sounds like a great thing the community did!

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
14 Nov 19

@very-rusty said
That sounds like a great thing the community did!

-VR
Absolutely, and very surprising too as things usually go the other way - they use empty spaces to build houses and remove every possibility for recreation.