Almost Friends/List Game

Almost Friends/List Game

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Jun 12

Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
Oops VR and GB both in the BS bin. Ha ha. No longer do I have to suffer eye strain reading crapola :o)
πŸ˜€

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Jun 12

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Just a loser.
Don't be so hard on yourself Handy Andy!

I have a question? You call yourself Handy Andy, but can you pound in a nail without destroying your finger or thumb?

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
16 Jun 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
My attempt to search was blocked. think because I don't have Firefox. How does it work? By the way, wasn't Crowley the inventor?
No. Crowley was not the inventor.
And yes - you need Firefox for the Greasemonkey addon.
(I believe there is an IE alternative called Trixie, though I've not used it so can't comment with any authority).

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Jun 12

I'd never trust a drinking monkey! πŸ˜‰

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
16 Jun 12

Originally posted by Very Rusty
I'd never trust a drinking monkey! πŸ˜‰
Thank you for sharing ...
... and that's apropos of what exactly?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Jun 12

Originally posted by orangutan
Thank you for sharing ...
... and that's apropos of what exactly?
You're quite welcome.

Being you're such a smart guy you figure it out! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Jun 12

(I believe there is an IE alternative called Trixie, though I've not used it so can't comment with any authority).
How does it work? Is it expensive?

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
16 Jun 12
1 edit

How does it work? Is it expensive?
The Greasemonkey addon allows you to install scripts to do specific things within the browser.

It's free.

The scripts are written in Javascript and can do all sorts of things - add or remove content from a page, verify links, add links, add comparison prices to shopping sites - you name it, if it can be done in Javascript then you can create a Greasemonkey script to customise a site for you.

Install Firefox and give it a go. The user ouroboros (User 46487) has created many fine scripts for this site - see my profile page for the link. He's also written a Firefox addon for this site that bundles a load of the individual script functionality together (well worth it).

There are a host of scripts at http://userscripts.org/that do all sorts of stuff to all sorts of sites.
For Greasemonkey itself check out this site - http://www.greasespot.net/

Enjoy.

[well done GB, that's almost a proper conversation we're having here]
[edit: while we're talking, care to comment on the last post of page 6 of this thread?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by orangutan The Greasemonkey addon allows you to install scripts to do specific things within the browser. It's free. The scripts are written in Javascript and can do all sorts of things - add or remove content from a page, verify links, add links, add comparison prices to shopping sites - you name it, if it can be done in Javascript then you can create a Greasemonkey sespot.net/ Enjoy. [well done GB, that's almost a proper conversation we're having here][/b]
You appear to be the one doing the most of the talking.

Probably why you consider it to be going so well! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›

Who do you think, I think, sounds condescending now?

In your face

Moves
16 Jun 12

ONly problem is, I have nothing to read now. THe fora are completely blank. πŸ™‚

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Jun 12

Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
ONly problem is, I have nothing to read now. THe fora are completely blank. πŸ™‚
Just re-fill your glass, & do what you're really good at doing! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Read a book!

Moves
17 Jun 12

Correction: 'This is directed [b]to you GB.[/b]
Sorry, professor, directed at is also correct. Give yourself one demerit.

Read a book!

Moves
17 Jun 12

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Don't be so hard on yourself Handy Andy!

I have a question? You call yourself Handy Andy, but can you pound in a nail without destroying your finger or thumb?
You call yourself Very Rusty. Can you move your mouth without using an oil can?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Jun 12

Nope. This window is your only shot. Next update is tentatively scheduled for Christmas Week, 2012.
Were are in June; last time I looked Christmas came at the end of the aforementioned July - December period...?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Jun 12

The Greasemonkey addon allows you to install scripts to do specific things within the browser.

It's free.

The scripts are written in Javascript and can do all sorts of things - add or remove content from a page, verify links, add links, add comparison prices to shopping sites - you name it, if it can be done in Javascript then you can create a Greas ...[text shortened]... re]
[edit: while we're talking, care to comment on the last post of page 6 of this thread?
I remember several threads in this forum where the gm gbaway script was discussed; I think you may be being stroked here.