9/12

9/12

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Sep 13

Unless I missed it or it got deleted, did we have a 9/11 anniversary without Red Night starting one of his "hey I'm back to ensure you lameos all remember" threads?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Sep 13

In fact no one started a 9/11 thread. How quickly you lameos forget...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Sep 13

Originally posted by divegeester

Unless I missed it or it got deleted, did we have a 9/11 anniversary without Red Night starting one of his "hey I'm back to ensure you lameos all remember" threads?
Thread 155201 (page 3, question 11.)

Read a book!

Moves
12 Sep 13

We don't need Red Night.. we have his understudy.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Sep 13
3 edits

President George W. Bush: 9/11 Bull Horn Speech

Atop a crushed fire engine with the older fireman.
Do you remember the appreciative crowd: "We can't hear you... "
and the President's memorable reply?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Sep 13
1 edit

"9/11 anniversary a time of remembrance, reflection"

Laura Petrecca, Rick Hampson,Tom Vanden Brook and Gary Strauss , USA TODAY 11:34 a.m. EDT September 11, 2013 PM Sept 11 Anniversary (Photo: Jason DeCrow, AP) Story Highlights Victims' relatives still heartbroken over losses President Obama salutes victims, family members at Pentagon ceremony

"A nation that just stepped back from the brink of conflict with Syria paused Wednesday to honor and reflect on the nearly 3,000 victims of 9/11, the day terrorist attacks spurred two other long-running conflicts in the Middle East.

In New York, hundreds of friends and families of the victims stood silently — many holding photos of their loved ones — as bagpipes played. Relatives recited the names of those killed when two hijacked commercial airliners slammed into the World Trade Center's Twin Towers. Another plane that day crashed into the Pentagon near Washington, D.C., and a fourth plunged into the ground near Shanksville, Pa.

President Obama marked the anniversary with a moment of silence on the South Lawn of the White House, along with first lady Michelle Obama, Vice President Biden and wife Jill Biden. They walked out of the White House at 8:46 a.m. ET, the moment the first plane hit the World Trade Center tower. Bowing their heads in a moment of silence, they were followed by a bugler playing taps.

Obama attended a Pentagon ceremony later Wednesday morning, quoting the Bible, noting the resilience of victims' families and saluting those who served in the military and launched public service projects on behalf of 9/11 victims. A huge American flag draped the building near the spot where a hijacked jet struck at 9:37 a.m., killing 184 people.

A stronger police and security presence was apparent in New York and Washington, as it had been on past 9/11's.

In a speech to the nation Tuesday night, Obama made a case for military strikes at the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad, invoking the image of hundreds gassed by chemical weapons. But the president said action would be delayed while a diplomatic resolution was being pursued.

In New York, one of those reading the names of victims put out a plea to the president to avoid conflict with Syria. "Pease don't bring us to another war," said the woman, who was honoring her late uncle, Jose Manuel Cardona.

Other relatives focused on the solemnness of the day.

Denise Matuza, 46, from Staten Island, lost her husband, Walter, on 9/11. She plans to return to the memorial ceremony each Sept. 11. "We'll still keep coming back," she said, as her 21-year-old son, also named Walter, and two other sons stood nearby." (posted yesterday on my facebook home page)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/09/11/12th-anniversary-of-911-honors-victims-at-ground-zero-pentagon-and-shanksville-pa/2797123/

R

Moves
12 Sep 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]"9/11 anniversary a time of remembrance, reflection"

Laura Petrecca, Rick Hampson,Tom Vanden Brook and Gary Strauss , USA TODAY 11:34 a.m. EDT September 11, 2013 PM Sept 11 Anniversary (Photo: Jason DeCrow, AP) Story Highlights Victims' relatives still heartbroken over losses President Obama salutes victims, family members at Pentagon ceremon ...[text shortened]... iversary-of-911-honors-victims-at-ground-zero-pentagon-and-shanksville-pa/2797123/[/b]
9/12 is my birthday. 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Sep 13

Originally posted by Tygert
9/12 is my birthday. 🙂
Well, Tyger, let me be the first online to wish you all the best and every good thing on this important day... 14th?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Sep 13

Thread 155201 (page 3, question 11.)
This is not about YOUR thread.

R

Moves
12 Sep 13

Well, Tyger, let me be the first online to wish you all the best and every good thing on this important day... 14th?
Oh sorry the South African system is different, my birthday is the 9th of December!

Z

Moves
12 Sep 13

Oh sorry the South African system is different, my birthday is the 9th of December!
Well played.

Read a book!

Moves
12 Sep 13

Originally posted by Zamboner
Well played.
Antipodal.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Sep 13

Originally posted by divegeester
This is not about YOUR thread.
"General Forum Question for The Day
Original post by Subscriber Grampy Bobby, 04 Sep '13 12:49"

Yes, divegeester, the thread happens to be mine; in which a direct link
to Red Night's last 9/11 thread one year ago was posted yesterday.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Sep 13
1 edit

Can't be, can it? Tygert, you serious? Well if you're not jesting, then please consider
this an earliest 'best wishes' (not only online but before your family and friends)...

R

Moves
12 Sep 13
1 edit

Can't be, can it? Tygert, you serious? Well if you're not jesting, then please consider
this an earliest 'best wishes' (not only online but before your family and friends)...
Yes I'm being serious, used to live in Canada and they used a decimal point instead of a comma. One of the things that I've always wondered is why Americans never put their dates from smallest to biggest; day, month, year.