2018 RHP Prose Competition -

2018 RHP Prose Competition -

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 Mar 18

I wrote "Police Reports" and "Emojis". Thanks so much for the critiques. There were lots of good choices and I think this might be the first time I fell out of the top three. Great job by the winners! See everyone next year I hope!

Gothenburg

Moves
27 Mar 18

Originally posted by @mike169
I wrote "Police Reports" and "Emojis". Thanks so much for the critiques. There were lots of good choices and I think this might be the first time I fell out of the top three. Great job by the winners! See everyone next year I hope!
I hope so too, well done.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Mar 18

I thought I detected your hand in Emojis. A great and original piece.

Moves
28 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
I thought I detected your hand in Emojis. A great and original piece.
"Great and original" that's high praise coming from you - thank you! I don't ever write except for this contest. Wish my paintings were as praise worthy. Maybe if I only did two a year. Loved your stories as well. I didn't vote for them however as I usually when someone is far ahead I like to vote for those who didn't get a lot of votes. I like to encourage people to get in this contest because it's an interesting challenge and different from the challenges of chess and painting.

Gothenburg

Moves
28 Mar 18

"Great and original" that's high praise coming from you - thank you! I don't ever write except for this contest. Wish my paintings were as praise worthy. Maybe if I only did two a year. Loved your stories as well. I didn't vote for them however as I usually when someone is far ahead I like to vote for those who didn't get a lot of votes. I like to encourage ...[text shortened]... t because it's an interesting challenge and different from the challenges of chess and painting.
That's the choice we have - they were all good. I was the first to vote because I didn't want to be influenced by anyone else. As English is not my first language, some stories are easier to understand - not the words but the intention behind the story.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 Mar 18

"Great and original" that's high praise coming from you - thank you! I don't ever write except for this contest. Wish my paintings were as praise worthy. Maybe if I only did two a year. Loved your stories as well. I didn't vote for them however as I usually when someone is far ahead I like to vote for those who didn't get a lot of votes. I like to encourage ...[text shortened]... t because it's an interesting challenge and different from the challenges of chess and painting.
Yes, it was great that all entries got votes this year.

If RHP had a painting competition I'm in no doubt you would wipe the floor with me. 🙂

Moves
28 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Yes, it was great that all entries got votes this year.

If RHP had a painting competition I'm in no doubt you would wipe the floor with me. 🙂
I don't think the site takes pics - except for the stupid emojis that are only parens and colons or D's. Also anyone can do art. You'd be surprised at the various levels and types of art there are and there's always something good in all the levels. Give it a shot!