2016 Survey

2016 Survey

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 16

Red Hot Pawn Public Forums:

"The forums are the core of the 'Red Hot Pawn' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread' ), so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts.

General
General discussion. If it's off-topic, or you're not sure where to put it, put it here.

Help
Ask for help using the site

Only Chess
Chess related matters only please.

Tournaments
Join and discuss tournaments hosted on this site.

Posers and Puzzles
For chess related, or off-topic, puzzles, riddles, games and other challenges...

Announcements
Announcements from your site admins

Developers
Interested in developing clients or tools for RHP? Discuss and request features here.

Debates
Potentially heated discussions on topics such as world affairs, politics and other such areas of interest

Site Ideas
Submit and discuss suggestions to improve the site.

Spirituality
Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.

Sports
Discussion forum for sports and sporting events from around the world.

Science
Scientific discussion and debate.

Culture
Discussion forum for the arts.

Clubs Public
Each club has its own private forums, but this is a public forum for the discussions and promotion of clubs.

Clans
Recruit members, arrange challenges and compliment rival clans. For polite and civilised conversation about this team based feature."

An Invitation to all RHP Members reading this "2016 Survey": Please reply to the following three questions regarding these fifteen (15) public forums by answering three questions: 1) Which do you enjoy most? 2) Which should be combined? 3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose? Thanks. ~GB

N

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Red Hot Pawn Public Forums:

"The forums are the core of the 'Red Hot Pawn' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread' ), so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts.

General
General discussion. If it's off-topic, or ...[text shortened]... hould be combined? [/i] 3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose? Thanks. ~GB[/b]
1) The help forum is my favourite, for the juicy stories, gossip and intense debates.
2) Debates and Only Chess seem to cover the same content essentially, so should be combined.
3) The 'hidden' forum for buying and selling all of the personal data of site users should be closed, since only I and some Russian hacking groups use it currently.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
1) The help forum is my favourite, for the juicy stories, gossip and intense debates.
2) Debates and Only Chess seem to cover the same content essentially, so should be combined.
3) The 'hidden' forum for buying and selling all of the personal data of site users should be closed, since only I and some Russian hacking groups use it currently.
NER, thanks for christening this thread with your thoughtful reply. Regards, GB

Read a book!

Moves
06 Mar 16

General
General discussion. If it's off-topic, or ...[text shortened]... hould be combined? [/i] 3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose? Thanks. ~GB[/b]
1) I enjoy all of the public forums.
2) All should remain just the way they are.
3) Each serves a useful purpose.

Read a book!

Moves
06 Mar 16

Who authorized the survey? And why?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Mar 16

General
1) Which do you enjoy most?

Recently, the general forum.

2) Which should be combined?

Haven't given it much thought.

3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose?

I suppose I could think of something, but since I have the option of not posting where I have no interest I think it's irrelevant.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Mar 16

General
Everything is fine as it is, and in fact improving.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Everything is fine as it is, and in fact improving.
Specifics?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Mar 16

Specifics?
I think the range of forums is generally fine although the club forum is probably a waste, but certainly not an issue. The spiritually and debate forums are active and well supported. The general forum is the most vibrant it's been in a long time.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by divegeester
I think the range of forums is generally fine although the club forum is probably a waste, but certainly not an issue. The spiritually and debate forums are active and well supported. The general forum is the most vibrant it's been in a long time.
That's because I'm here now. 😉

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by HandyAndy
All surveys are self authorizing. Seems everyone wants to know what everyone wants to know. 😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Mar 16

"Please reply to the following three questions regarding these fifteen (15) public forums by answering three questions: 1) Which do you enjoy most? 2) Which should be combined? 3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose? Thanks. ~GB" (OP: italics mine)

Read a book!

Moves
07 Mar 16

"Please reply to the following three questions regarding these fifteen (15) public forums by answering three questions: 1) Which do you enjoy most? 2) Which should be combined? 3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose? Thanks. ~GB" (OP: italics mine)

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Anyone is authorized to start a thread and post a survey.

I don't know how to answer the second question.

Read a book!

Moves
07 Mar 16

Originally posted by josephw
Anyone is authorized to start a thread and post a survey.

I don't know how to answer the second question.
Are you Bobby's spokesman?