2014 RHP Prose Competition

2014 RHP Prose Competition

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Nov 13

You can pm the entry that is fine (with the character limit you would have to send it in 2 sections or more)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Nov 13

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Is it permissible to PM the entry? I don't use email except to register at sites and that sort of thing.
Yep that is fine you might have to send it in a couple of messages due to character limit

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
21 Nov 13

I have a serious question: If I manage to write a Piece I like better thna my original submitted entry could I chnage that. Or are all submitted entries fix?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Nov 13

Yes you can change your entry you are also allowed to submit two entries

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Nov 13

“The less conscious one is of being 'a writer,' the better the writing.” -Pico Iyer

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Nov 13

Bump

h

Moves
30 Nov 13

Originally posted by Silverstriker
Bump
Firstly, let me say: My God, you give them long deadlines. I used to stand behind people with a whip and beat the prose out of them.

Secondly, do you have a link to any other of your prose competitions?

Thirdly, how is this in the General forum? There came a time when I looked down upon my beloved Prose Competition and decided that my creation was no longer garnering as much interest as it usually did, and this waning attention spelled certain doom for us all as a species. And then, to add salt to my wounds, the mods here FORCED me to move the competition and all associated threads to the blasted desolate Culture Forum.

I thought it would be dead by now for certain, but glad to see it still alive.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Nov 13

Originally posted by hopscotch
Firstly, let me say: My God, you give them long deadlines. I used to stand behind people with a whip and beat the prose out of them.

Secondly, do you have a link to any other of your prose competitions?

Thirdly, how is this in the General forum? There came a time when I looked down upon my beloved Prose Competition and decided that my creation was no ...[text shortened]... Culture Forum.

I thought it would be dead by now for certain, but glad to see it still alive.
Quiet, man. Or I shall shush you with the legendary Librarian's Shush.

h

Moves
30 Nov 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Quiet, man. Or I shall shush you with the legendary Librarian's Shush.
Pardon me, sir, I was politely asking a few simple questions, as I have not been here for years. There's no need to get defensive.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Nov 13

Originally posted by hopscotch
Pardon me, sir, I was politely asking a few simple questions, as I have not been here for years. There's no need to get defensive.
Aiiigh, good riposte. 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 13

Couple of entries now in keep them coming 🙂

Australia

Moves
03 Dec 13

Hopscotch, I think you should mark your return by winning this year's competition with an absolutely brilliant entry. 🙂

h

Moves
03 Dec 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
Hopscotch, I think you should mark your return by winning this year's competition with an absolutely brilliant entry. 🙂
Hi Kewpie! That's very sweet of you to say but I'm afraid that my ability to write prose has been severely hampered by years of atrophy.

Perhaps I'll consider it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Dec 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
“The less conscious one is of being 'a writer,' the better the writing.” -Pico Iyer
So I can write from a coma! yay!

Hey, it worked for Hemingway.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Dec 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
So I can write from a coma! yay!

Hey, it worked for Hemingway.
Ernest Hemingway referred to the plain sheet of paper staring up at a writer as the 'white bull'.