1. Standard memberStTito
    The Mullverine
    Little Beirut
    Moves
    25 May '09 01:41
    No you are all getting it wrong. That what the Vice does. They say stupid things to make the Pres look good, kinda good cop bad cop. As for Cheney, well I think we all know what an uphill battle he faced in making W look, sound, be smart.
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    25 May '09 02:11
    Originally posted by StTito
    No you are all getting it wrong. That what the Vice does. They say stupid things to make the Pres look good, kinda good cop bad cop. As for Cheney, well I think we all know what an uphill battle he faced in making W look, sound, be smart.
    Maybe shooting his friend in the face was an attempt to make Bush look better by association. Bushes statements have put his ignorance of american government on display. He once said the executive branch interprets law.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 May '09 02:371 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    This open for discussion,Is it to early to give it to Joe (swine flu) Biden? Maybe Al (i created the internet)Gore? Or perhaps Dan (potato,potatoe)Quayle?
    Who can forget Aaron Burr? He killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel while he was still Vice-President. For this he was charged with murder in both New York and New Jersey, but was never tried and served out the remainder of his term. Later, in light of his very shady dealings involving Spain, he was charge with treason, but was acquitted. Being in debt, he fled to Europe to escape his creditors. Eventually he was deported from England, refused by France, and returned home to die in relative obscurity.

That's a record that's hard to beat.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 May '09 13:291 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Who can forget Aaron Burr? He killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel while he was still Vice-President. For this he was charged with murder in both New York and New Jersey, but was never tried and served out the remainder of his term. Later, in light of his very shady dealings involving Spain, he was charge with treason, but was acquitted. Being in debt ...[text shortened]... ance, and returned home to die in relative obscurity.

That's a record that's hard to beat.
    How could we have forgotten about that? 😛

BTW: I am proud of you for not saying Cheney seeing as how those on the left are indoctrinated into saying so. You know, there were far worse VP's as hard as it may be to imagine.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 May '09 13:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    How could we have forgotten about that? 😛

BTW: I am proud of you for not saying Cheney seeing as how those on the left are indoctrinated into saying so. You know, there were far worse VP's as hard as it may be to imagine.
    Yeah, although Dick Cheney shot someone, they didn't die. And he'll probably never actually be tried for treason.

Worst VP: Aaron Burr
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '09 13:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    I am proud of you for not saying Cheney seeing as how those on the left are indoctrinated into saying so. You know, there were far worse VP's as hard as it may be to imagine.
    And who's to say you're not indoctrinated into saying "there were far worse VP's than Cheney"?

Many people who dislike what Cheney has done do so not because of doctrine, but because they look at what has happened and they simply cannot find a VP who has damaged the U.S. as much as he has.

What makes you think you can simply dismiss such an analysis as "doctrinal"? Do you honestly think everyone with whom you disagree is incapable of reaching independent opinions?
  7. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    25 May '09 15:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would have thought so too. But surely Spiro Agnew would be any non-partisan person's choice out of those VPs in living memory?
    I would tend to agree, but I think I am inclined to give Spiro 2nd place, as his violations of law were pecuniary in nature.

Cheney, on the other hand, violated the law in ways that are fundamentally destructive of our Constitutional system of government. He is ferociously clever in exploiting both the cowardice of the democrats and coopting them in giving him a pass out of fear that their own complicity in his crimes would come out.

Further, the nature of his crimes make partisan defense so much easier.

He is guilty of the worst abuses of power in our history -- he had killing and torture squads reporting directly to him. He attempted on more than one occasion to put forward legislative changes to allow DoD or his own office to circumvent lawful process in the Congress and the Executive branch.

Given that he shoots his friends in the face, how do you suppose he treats his enemies>
  8. At the Revolution
    Moves
    25 May '09 16:16
    Originally posted by StTito
    Cheney's smart. He's just evil.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    25 May '09 16:53
    Cheney is clearly a vile, despicable human being. Al Gore is just an idiot. I don't really know anything about Biden, and I know little about the VPs before Gore, except for Bush jr. who basically was president during Ronald "Alzheimer" Reagan's second term.
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    25 May '09 17:06
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Bush jr. who basically was president during Ronald "Alzheimer" Reagan's second term.
    Really, now?

Where did you get this idea?

Reagan wasn't diagnosed until 1994; what makes you think he was suffering from symptoms before 1989?

And, exactly how did Bush being "basically President" manifest itself in policy decisions when Reagan was in office?
  11. Germany
    Moves
    25 May '09 17:18
    Originally posted by sh76
    Really, now?

Where did you get this idea?

Reagan wasn't diagnosed until 1994; what makes you think he was suffering from symptoms before 1989?

And, exactly how did Bush being "basically President" manifest itself in policy decisions when Reagan was in office?
    Reagan was already a dim person even before he had Alzheimer, so it's not a surprise it was diagnosed so late. He has the early stages of the disease in his second term; seen enough footage that points in that direction.
  12. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 May '09 17:26
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Dick Cheney is up there.
    Why?

He was smarter than Bush.
  13. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    25 May '09 17:38
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Why?

He was smarter than Bush.
    If intelligence was the only measure then no, he wouldn't be there.

You can be smart and be a bad vice president.
  14. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 May '09 17:47
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    If intelligence was the only measure then no, he wouldn't be there.

You can be smart and be a bad vice president.
    I'd say he was alright, that is of course if he isn't as evil as some people say.
  15. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    25 May '09 17:55
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    I'd say he was alright, that is of course if he isn't as evil as some people say.
    Yes, he was alright if he wasn't so evil 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree