Wise words from trump on global warming

Wise words from trump on global warming

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Nov 18

Just kidding. Obviously.

US scientists have produced a report which shows that unchecked global warming will have catastrophic effects on the US economy.

trump says: “I don’t believe it.”
And “We’re the cleanest we’ve ever been.”

Proving, once and for all, that you don’t need scientific proof to prove your scientific point of view.

In other news: flying dolphins are crash landing on Dutch beaches.
Locals note that it is at least better than last month’s crash landing elephant problem.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46351940

MB

Moves
27 Nov 18

@shavixmir said
Just kidding. Obviously.

US scientists have produced a report which shows that unchecked global warming will have catastrophic effects on the US economy.

Proving, once and for all, that you don’t need scientific proof to prove your scientific point of view.

In other news: flying dolphin ...[text shortened]... an last month’s crash landing elephant problem.

Here is an excerpt from the link you posted:

"Asked outside the White House about the findings that unchecked global warming would wreak havoc on the US economy, he said: "I don't believe it."

The report found that climate change will cost the US hundreds of billions of dollars annually and damage health."

I don't believe it either. It is a stupid assertion with no basis in reality, especially the damage to health claim. Just plain stupid!

Here is another excerpt from the link:

"The world's leading scientists agree that climate change is human-induced and warn that natural fluctuations in temperature are being exacerbated by human activity."

Another incredibly stupid statement. The statement implies global warming is 100% human induced. That is impossible. Furthermore, climate scientists know this warming trend started from natural causes. No competent climate scientist would ever dismiss natural causes and no poll has ever contacted all of the climate scientists in the world. It has never happened. The statement is 100% false!

Sonhouse posted a thread about it on the science forum. The report actually ignores scientists who said it would take hundreds of years. This shows once again that the true science deniers are the alarmists who are putting out more propaganda in the style of "Reefer Madness" to scare people with lies.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Nov 18

@metal-brain said

"Asked outside the White House about the findings that unchecked global warming would wreak havoc on the US economy, he said: "I don't believe it."

The report found that climate change will cost the US hundreds of billions of dollars annually and damage health."

I don't believe it either. It is a stupid assertion with ...[text shortened]... ists who are putting out more propaganda in the style of "Reefer Madness" to scare people with lies.
Yeah.... you are so scientific...

Z

Moves
27 Nov 18

have a great climate everyone

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Nov 18

@metal-brain said

I don't believe it either. It is a stupid assertion with ...[text shortened]... ists who are putting out more propaganda in the style of "Reefer Madness" to scare people with lies.
That’s because the scientists who think it will take hundreds of years are either not scientists or very bad scientists and there are very few scientists who agree with them.

Nobody thinks that the change in temperature is 100% humanity’s fault.

But to think that 7 billion people and industrialization isn’t a major component is stupidity.

Do you have any comprehension what a 2 degree increase in average temperature is going to do? What regular bursts of 70mm of rain per hour is going to do?
I suggest you look into mosquito-related diseases and flash floods.

The ice caps are measurably shrinking and islands are measurably disappearing.
This is due to global warming.

Now, unlike trump, do the maths before squeaking.

Moves
27 Nov 18

@Metal-Brain
“The statement implies global warming is 100% human induced. That is impossible.”

That’s (a) untrue and (b) irrelevant. The important thing is (a) what’s happening to the climate and (b) what can we do about it. The rest is useless rhetoric.

MB

Moves
27 Nov 18

@js357 said
@Metal-Brain
“The statement implies global warming is 100% human induced. That is impossible.”

That’s (a) untrue and (b) irrelevant. The important thing is (a) what’s happening to the climate and (b) what can we do about it. The rest is useless rhetoric.
"climate change is human-induced"

What do those words tell you? It doesn't say partly or mostly before the word "is".

My statement was true and you know it. Alarmists just think they can alter the meaning of words to intentionally mislead people and continue to get away with it. You all think climate change and global warming are the same thing and they are not. You all think that global warming means "man made" global warming and it doesn't.

These altering of the definitions of words to confuse is rhetoric and it is unacceptable. Until you use a dictionary to prove me wrong you are either a hack propagandist or a denier of reality.

MB

Moves
27 Nov 18

@shavixmir said
That’s because the scientists who think it will take hundreds of years are either not scientists or very bad scientists and there are very few scientists who agree with them.

Nobody thinks that the change in temperature is 100% humanity’s fault.

But to think that 7 billion people and industrialization isn’t a major component is stupidity.

Do you have any comprehens ...[text shortened]... y disappearing.
This is due to global warming.

Now, unlike trump, do the maths before squeaking.
"That’s because the scientists who think it will take hundreds of years are either not scientists or very bad scientists and there are very few scientists who agree with them."

That is a false statement and you made it up. You have no source of information to back up your ridiculous assertion without climate model predictions and those are merely a "guess" and nothing more. Climate modellers are either not climate scientists or very bad scientists. They all know none of their models agree with one another because their inputs are all different. Do you know why their input is different? Because they all have a different guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Nobody thinks that the change in temperature is 100% humanity’s fault."

Then the words should indicate that! Don't leftists know how to write properly? Alarmists don't want to be taken seriously? If you alarmists don't want to come across as uneducated dimwits the first step is to write what you mean and mean what you write.

"But to think that 7 billion people and industrialization isn’t a major component is stupidity."

I think we have increased CO2 in the atmosphere, but there is no evidence CO2 is causing the warming. That is merely a theory. That is why they call it "global warming theory".

Global warming is mostly from natural causes, but even if it were not why the chicken little mentality? It means more rainfall and higher food production. More floods? Sure. That is the downside of more worldwide rainfall.

Islands are not disappearing because of global warming. That is a myth.
Don't even talk about ice caps until you know what ice sheets are and the difference, then we can have an intelligent debate.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
27 Nov 18

@shavixmir said
Just kidding. Obviously.

In other news: flying dolphin ...[text shortened]... an last month’s crash landing elephant problem.

This is about on par with another Republican a few years ago who brought a snowball into the halls of Congress as proof there was no global warming.

Yes, Republicans really are THAT dumb!

MB

Moves
27 Nov 18
1 edit

@mchill said
This is about on par with another Republican a few years ago who brought a snowball into the halls of Congress as proof there was no global warming.

Yes, Republicans really are THAT dumb!
Al Gore thought ice core samples proved CO2 caused temperatures to rise in the past. It was the other way around.

Yes, democrats really are that dumb!

Moves
27 Nov 18
1 edit

@metal-brain said
"climate change is human-induced"

What do those words tell you? It doesn't say partly or mostly before the word "is".

My statement was true and you know it. Alarmists just think they can alter the meaning of words to intentionally mislead people and continue to get away with it. You all think climate change and global warming are the same thing and they are not. Yo ...[text shortened]... il you use a dictionary to prove me wrong you are either a hack propagandist or a denier of reality.
You don’t know if whoever used that wording, would agree that technically there are natural causal factors like volcanic eruptions and naturally caused forest fires that contribute. It is reasonable that people will generalize. Reasonable people work to clarify what is meant, not looking for excuses to dismiss arguments based on wording that can easily be augmented. You don’t seem inclined to do this.

Edit: Further, you didn’t seem to notice the rest of the sentence, “...warn that natural fluctuations in temperature are being exacerbated by human activity.”

Exacerbate means “make worse,” in this case, not “solely cause.”

MB

Moves
27 Nov 18
1 edit

@js357 said
You don’t know if whoever used that wording, would agree that technically there are natural causal factors like volcanic eruptions and naturally caused forest fires that contribute. It is reasonable that people will generalize. Reasonable people work to clarify what is meant, not looking for excuses to dismiss arguments based on wording that can easily be augmented. You don’t s ...[text shortened]... exacerbated by human activity.”

Exacerbate means “make worse,” in this case, not “solely cause.”
You falsely claimed what I said was untrue. It was true.

I did clarify. Then you disputed I did. How many times do I have to clarify for you to accept a clear fact?
Reasonable people don't say I am wrong when I was right instead of acknowledging the wording was flawed and I had every right to point it out. Nobody made you lie. You did that all on your own. Put on your big boy pants and own up to it. The only one making excuses is you and you know it.

"Further, you didn’t seem to notice the rest of the sentence, “...warn that natural fluctuations in temperature are being exacerbated by human activity.”

Global warming theory is just that, a theory. There is no evidence that CO2 is the main cause of global warming. Furthermore, there is no evidence natural fluctuations in temperature are being exacerbated by human activity.

Find a global temp graph that goes back at least 100 years and I will show you there is no correlation between CO2 and temps.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Nov 18

@metal-brain said
"That’s because the scientists who think it will take hundreds of years are either not scientists or very bad scientists and there are very few scientists who agree with them."

That is a false statement and you made it up. You have no source of information to back up your ridiculous assertion without climate model predictions and those are merely a "guess" and nothing ...[text shortened]... caps until you know what ice sheets are and the difference, then we can have an intelligent debate.
God only knows where to start.

Okay... one.
CO2... why does it cause the Earth’s temperature to rise?

There is more CO2 in the air: fact
The Sun’s heat warms the Earth: fact
The Earth emits some of this energy as infrared radiation: fact
Due to the level of greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere, the Earth stays 33 degrees warmer than without these gasses: fact
The greenhouse gasses actually trap the warmth: fact
More CO2 traps more heat: fact

In the last 40 years the levels of CO2 have increased at a growing pace: fact
In the last 40 years the aversge temperature on the planet has risen at a growing pace: fact.

Scientists have measured the influence of CO2 on both incoming solar energy and outgoing long-wave radiation. Less longwave radiation is escaping to space at the specific wavelengths of greenhouse gases. Increased longwave radiation is measured at the surface of the Earth at the same wavelengths: fact

We can see that CO2 is adding considerable warming, along with ozone (O3) and methane (CH4). This is called surface radiative forcing, and the measurements are part of the empirical evidence that CO2 is causing the warming: fact.

So there you go.
There is evidence that CO2 is causing global warming. It is a proven fact.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Nov 18

@shavixmir

I don't think you understand a few concepts. Consensus on science is not the same as having the correct science. 500 years ago there was a scientific consensus the earth was flat and the center of the universe...

Also, the Bell curve applies to scientist as well. Just because they are scientist doesn't mean they aren't relatively stupid in comparison with their piers.

Moves
27 Nov 18

@metal-brain said
You falsely claimed what I said was untrue. It was true.

I did clarify. Then you disputed I did. How many times do I have to clarify for you to accept a clear fact?
Reasonable people don't say I am wrong when I was right instead of acknowledging the wording was flawed and I had every right to point it out. Nobody made you lie. You did that all on your own. Put on you ...[text shortened]... that goes back at least 100 years and I will show you there is no correlation between CO2 and temps.
When you attack a person’s character, you take the discussion away from civility and yourself away from rational disagreement. It helps no one. I don’t have to put up with that, “metal brain”.