What Good Government Looks Like

What Good Government Looks Like

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
38d

One of the things government must do is regulate the public areas. It is possible for government to do this well. One of the crowning achievements in the US was the Endangered Species Act of 1973 (signed by a Republican - Nixon) which has saved many iconic species like the whooping crane, the bald eagle, and the red-cockaded woodpecker.

We don't HAVE to pave paradise and put up a parking lot...

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/endangered-woodpeckers-find-new-home-military-training-ground-180983986/

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
38d
1 edit

@spruce112358
Hey, that would make a GREAT song🙂

"The words “bombing range” might evoke a desolate war zone. Avon Park is anything but. In fact, its 106,000 acres are home to scores of plants and animals that are endemic to Florida, as well as 13 threatened and endangered species, including Florida grasshopper sparrows (North America’s most endangered bird) and Florida bonneted bats (North America’s most endangered bat)."
Sounds like maybe the military knows about the value of that land, not to do bombing runs there, hope so anyway.
I had to be one of the crew of a crashed bomber when I was in the Air Force and found totally blackened animals burned in the crash, it was unnerving.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
38d

@sonhouse said
@spruce112358
Hey, that would make a GREAT song🙂
🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
38d

@spruce112358
Let's see. Pave Universities, put up a parking lot. No, let's see, pave parks and put up a parking lot. There must be SOMETHING in there to use as a song🙂

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
38d

@spruce112358 said
One of the things government must do is regulate the public areas. It is possible for government to do this well. One of the crowning achievements in the US was the Endangered Species Act of 1973 (signed by a Republican - Nixon) which has saved many iconic species like the whooping crane, the bald eagle, and the red-cockaded woodpecker.

We don't HAVE to pave paradise ...[text shortened]... onianmag.com/science-nature/endangered-woodpeckers-find-new-home-military-training-ground-180983986/
One of the crowning achievements in the US was the Endangered Species Act of 1973 (signed by a Republican - Nixon) which has saved many iconic species like the whooping crane, the bald eagle, and the red-cockaded woodpecker.

I agree, though Nixon wasn't very popular, he had some notable achievements. Could you see today's MAGA crowd backing an Endangered Species Act? - - NOT!

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
38d

@sonhouse said
@spruce112358
Let's see. Pave Universities, put up a parking lot. No, let's see, pave parks and put up a parking lot. There must be SOMETHING in there to use as a song🙂
Say, howbout 'pave Mar-A-Lago, put up a penitentiary' ?

Naw, too hard to sing.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
38d

@moonbus said
Say, howbout 'pave Mar-A-Lago, put up a penitentiary' ?
HAW!

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
37d

@mchill said
One of the crowning achievements in the US was the Endangered Species Act of 1973 (signed by a Republican - Nixon) which has saved many iconic species like the whooping crane, the bald eagle, and the red-cockaded woodpecker.

I agree, though Nixon wasn't very popular, he had some notable achievements. Could you see today's MAGA crowd backing an Endangered Species Act? - - NOT!
Apparently they see themselves as an endangered species. 'You will not replace us!'

😆