1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 04:59
    http://projects.thepostathens.com/SpecialProjects/athens-election-2020/america-has-entered-a-post-democratic-era.html

So repubs win. Hope you are happy with the result of US becoming another banana republic with a big military.
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 05:053 edits
    @sonhouse said
    http://projects.thepostathens.com/SpecialProjects/athens-election-2020/america-has-entered-a-post-democratic-era.html

So repubs win. Hope you are happy with the result of US becoming another banana republic with a big military.
    I actually think it's wrongheaded to ask politicians to only do what's popular. A Democratic Republic government should not operate that way. I'm sure if they did a poll then free candy would be popular. Sometimes the unpopular thing is the right decision.

Currently our system continues to slash taxes (which people want) and expand spending programs (which people want). But the bills aren't getting paid because doing that is unpopular.
  3. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 05:16
    @sonhouse said

BIeak picture, chiIIing
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 18:17
    @sonhouse said

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/07/politics/trump-republicans-2022-biden-putin/index.html
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 18:34
    @wildgrass said
    I actually think it's wrongheaded to ask politicians to only do what's popular. A Democratic Republic government should not operate that way. I'm sure if they did a poll then free candy would be popular. Sometimes the unpopular thing is the right decision.

Currently our system continues to slash taxes (which people want) and expand spending programs (which people want). But the bills aren't getting paid because doing that is unpopular.
    I agree 100% with this sentiment and it is the best argument as to why polls that show that "6X% of Americans want [free stuff being promised by Biden]" are essentially useless (or harmful).
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 19:18
    @jimm619 said
    BIeak picture, chiIIing
    https://news.yahoo.com/matt-gaetz-chills-critics-terrifying-091551723.html
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 19:20
    @sh76 said
    I agree 100% with this sentiment and it is the best argument as to why polls that show that "6X% of Americans want [free stuff being promised by Biden]" are essentially useless (or harmful).
    Return your stimulus check yet?
  8. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 20:14
    @jimm619 said
    Return your stimulus check yet?
    But that's the point. Stimulus checks are example of popular, expensive and counter productive (when you should pay people to work as opposed to not work) ideas
  9. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 20:341 edit
    @quackquack said
    But that's the point. Stimulus checks are example of popular, expensive and counter productive (when you should pay people to work as opposed to not work) ideas
    Do you mean LIKE the huge Federal Bailout
    of the banks in 2008? You remember TARP, right?
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/2008-financial-bailout-809731/
    No, that wasn't my query, I'll repeat, ''Did you return YOUR check?''
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 20:39
    @quackquack said
    Think we should pay people
    not to get vaxxed?......?
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-gives-unemployment-checks-unvaxxed-100005812.html
  11. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 20:492 edits
    @jimm619 said
    Do you mean LIKE the huge Federal Bailout
    of the banks in 2008? You remember TARP, right?
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/2008-financial-bailout-809731/
    No, that wasn't my query, I'll repeat, ''Did you return YOUR check?''
    I'm not sure why you care.... but we certainly shouldn't pay people to not got vaccinated and I wasn't sent a check.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 21:03
    @quackquack
    So the bottom line for you and millions of other ultrarightwingnuts is when people are in trouble financially, don't look for help from the government BECAUSE of ONE of the big repub lies, that you give people money they stop working, get stoned and play video games all day and refuse to go back to work.

Proven wrong time and time again, PEOPLE WANT TO WORK.

But the repub lie just keeps discord going, which is the bottom line of repubs now, they are not the party of old, you remember those bygone days where dems and repubs would fight and scream and finally work out a deal?

Those days are long gone because repubs refuse to work with dems on ANY level,
    Moscow mitch tosses dem bills in the trash AND YOU KNOW THAT FULL WELL but continue to push the new repub ZOMBIE lines.

Repubs have ONE goal and one goal ONLY: doing a coup on the government so they can rule forever.

THAT is the goal of repubs now.

400 state repub bills now suppressing votes for anyone not white.

That is EXACTLY how democracies end.

Repubs want dems to go to sleep and not notice the end of democracy here.

THAT WON"T HAPPEN, if it comes to civil war II, we WILL fight to keep our democracy and you can take THAT to the bank.
  13. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 21:24
    @sonhouse said
    @quackquack
    So the bottom line for you and millions of other ultrarightwingnuts is when people are in trouble financially, don't look for help from the government BECAUSE of ONE of the big repub lies, that you give people money they stop working, get stoned and play video games all day and refuse to go back to work.

Proven wrong time and time again, PEOPLE WANT TO WORK. ...[text shortened]... if it comes to civil war II, we WILL fight to keep our democracy and you can take THAT to the bank.
    Thanks for the incoherent rant. The fact is, whether you like it or not, that more and more often the government picks groups to help as a legalize bribe so the group is indebted to them. Stimulus checks are just one example of giving people something so that people like them. Instead of the government telling people to work for their money (how would you get votes for doing that), they paid people to stay home. Now, we have unfilled jobs because people got money without working. But who wants to work if they can get freebees and just send the bill to others.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 21:29
    @quackquack
    Thus you avoid talking about the actual coming end to democracy in the US.

I assume therefore you are 1, involved where you don't care we lose democracy and 2 you seem to be unable to even TALK about the end of democracy here.

So I can only assume you don't think it is worth the effort to keep fair elections and democracy going in the US.

So will you be happy with KING Trump? EMPORER Trump?

And the age of vindictiveness that is Trump's MO?
  15. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '21 21:42
    @sonhouse said
    @quackquack
    Thus you avoid talking about the actual coming end to democracy in the US.

I assume therefore you are 1, involved where you don't care we lose democracy and 2 you seem to be unable to even TALK about the end of democracy here.

So I can only assume you don't think it is worth the effort to keep fair elections and democracy going in the US.

So will you be happy with KING Trump? EMPORER Trump?

And the age of vindictiveness that is Trump's MO?
    I don't share your hysterical view that if we require an ID to vote democracy will end Similarly I do not believe democracy will end if we have reasonable safeguards on mail in votes or if we have laws that prevent electioneering. I don't believe Trump really won the last presidential election or that he rigged the prior presidential election. In fact, I'm happy to report that although yelling and screaming by both sides may give people headaches, there is not a shred of evidence that democracy is over in the United States.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree