Trillion dollar infrastructure plan by Trump

Trillion dollar infrastructure plan by Trump

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
22 Dec 16

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/17/politics/donald-trump-infrastructure-plan-congress/

That's right conservatives, Trump wants to spend a trillion dollars on infrastructure. Funny, when Obama wanted to do the same thing the GOP resisted, but now it agrees?

I've read overall that Trump plans to spend more taxpayer money than Hillary would have, so I'm beginning to think that whoever pledges to spend the most taxpayer money wins every time.

Despite the rhetoric, I don't really believe that the left hates Trump like they say they do. The people they fear the most wants to curb government spending, someone like a Ron Paul is more terrifying than death itself.

It's all a ruse, and yes, the honeymoon is over. It was fun for a month or so but now it's time to face the hard facts.

E

Moves
22 Dec 16
2 edits

You mean Trump has plans for shovel ready jobs?

Maybe this time the money wii go towards roads and such instead of university research grants and funding for school teachers.

I think one of those grants went to a project designed to try to figure out why lesbians are so fat.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
22 Dec 16

Originally posted by Eladar

Maybe this time the money wii go towards roads and such instead of university research grants and funding for school teachers.
Absolutely, the days of modifying a Pinto to pull a semi trailer need to end. Why would you replace the Pinto with a prime-mover designed to do the job anyway? Just a waste of money surely! No much better to get rid of the Pinto and get the workers to pull the semi by hand. Saves a lot of money and makes perfect sense!

rain

Moves
22 Dec 16

Originally posted by whodey
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/17/politics/donald-trump-infrastructure-plan-congress/

That's right conservatives, Trump wants to spend a trillion dollars on infrastructure. Funny, when Obama wanted to do the same thing the GOP resisted, but now it agrees?

I've read overall that Trump plans to spend more taxpayer money than Hillary would have, so I'm beginn ...[text shortened]... , the honeymoon is over. It was fun for a month or so but now it's time to face the hard facts.
A fair, balanced, non-partisan post from Whodey? I don't know how i feel about this.

My only real concern is a Republican controlled Congress that is too afraid to tell Trump "no", so the GOP doesn't seem weak or lacking in unity.

K

Germany

Moves
22 Dec 16

Trump's plan, though, isn't to invest in infrastructure but to funnel tax money to his buddies under the guise of government investment. We'll see what his handlers and Congress come up with, though. Maybe they can cut funding for research in case academics still haven't gotten the message.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
22 Dec 16
5 edits

Originally posted by whodey

I've read overall that Trump plans to spend more taxpayer money than Hillary would have, so I'm beginn ...[text shortened]... , the honeymoon is over. It was fun for a month or so but now it's time to face the hard facts.
Trump wants to spend a trillion dollars on infrastructure.

Trump also wants big increases in military spending, and this all sounds great, just one tiny little problem: Trump also promises big tax cuts, so how does he plan to come up with this "trillion dollars" + military spending increases with less tax revenue to work with than before these cut's took place? Or does he just plan to tack it on to the national debt?? Help me out here Conservatives, because this ledger is so far out of balance, my calculator has run out of digits. 😲

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
22 Dec 16

You mean Trump has plans for shovel ready jobs?

I think one of those grants went to a project designed to try to figure out why lesbians are so fat.
So America being great has nothing to do with America 's running at the front of research?
University grants are evyr necessary, since companies tend to fund development rather than research...but the breakthroughs are achieved by research not by development.

Shoveling might be nice if labour is cheap. But a big excavator is easily displacing a dozen shovelers at a fraction of total cost...

E

Moves
22 Dec 16

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Trump's plan, though, isn't to invest in infrastructure but to funnel tax money to his buddies under the guise of government investment. We'll see what his handlers and Congress come up with, though. Maybe they can cut funding for research in case academics still haven't gotten the message.
Obama's plan wasn't to funnel money to his buddies?

E

Moves
22 Dec 16

Originally posted by Ponderable
So America being great has nothing to do with America 's running at the front of research?
University grants are evyr necessary, since companies tend to fund development rather than research...but the breakthroughs are achieved by research not by development.

Shoveling might be nice if labour is cheap. But a big excavator is easily displacing a dozen shovelers at a fraction of total cost...
Yes, America is great due to research on why lesbians are fat.

K

Germany

Moves
22 Dec 16

Obama's plan wasn't to funnel money to his buddies?
You still don't get it, do you? Trump's outrageous conflicts of interest make the Carlyle Group and Halliburton look like child's play. Obama took bribes (which I think should be banned) but has no significant business interests that competed with his duty as president.

K

Germany

Moves
22 Dec 16

Yes, America is great due to research on why lesbians are fat.
Have you considered applying for a position at the NSF? I'm sure you have the best priorities in mind when it comes to research funding.

Obesity is one of the greatest public health issues of modern times and better understanding of why people become obese is almost certainly going to help people battle the obesity epidemic, your middle school-giggling about lesbians notwithstanding.

w

Moves
22 Dec 16

The same could be said for any stimulus plan.

After all, where did all the money go for Obama's stimulus plan? That's right, no one knows and never will know.

It seems odd to me that they pick a random number of say, a trillion dollars, and they say they want to spend it. Most people approach problems by saying that something needs fixed and then trying to find the most economical way to repair it.

But that is not how the US federal government works and never will work, although I had some hope when Trump cancelled the Boeing deal for Air Force One by saying it cost too much money.

w

Moves
22 Dec 16

You still don't get it, do you? Trump's outrageous conflicts of interest make the Carlyle Group and Halliburton look like child's play. Obama took bribes (which I think should be banned) but has no significant business interests that competed with his duty as president.
The US federal government thrives on conflict of interest, just like with Hillary's Foundation charity proves.

Nothing gets done in Washington unless people are getting filthy rich, which is why Obama had to even bribe members of his own party to pass Obamacare.

w

Moves
22 Dec 16

Originally posted by vivify
A fair, balanced, non-partisan post from Whodey? I don't know how i feel about this.

My only real concern is a Republican controlled Congress that is too afraid to tell Trump "no", so the GOP doesn't seem weak or lacking in unity.
The GOP has always been a big government party and are big spenders.

Now all they have to do is lower taxes a bit and the cycle will continue.

E

Moves
22 Dec 16

So you are saying Trump is Obama on steroids.