THIS is rage: Drug co. pushing opioids.

THIS is rage: Drug co. pushing opioids.

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Oct 17
1 edit

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-dea-agent-opioid-crisis-fueled-by-drug-industry-and-congress/

The most blatant corruption issue in US government in a long time.

Now Trump puts the guy who killed the DEA in charge of the DEA.

If this is not corruption I don't know the meaning of the word.

We need to find all of the script mills and get a collection of script to show congress what a mistake (being nice here) they made when they passed that law and Obama signed it into law. 200,000 people dead so far. I guess that number will double under Trump.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
16 Oct 17
3 edits

Originally posted by @sonhouse
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-dea-agent-opioid-crisis-fueled-by-drug-industry-and-congress/

We need to find all of the script mills and get a collect ...[text shortened]... ama signed it into law. 200,000 people dead so far. I guess that number will double under Trump.
Fascinating and disturbing material to read, right to its closing lines.

Seems it's okay to kill citizens in the name of profit and it's okay for Congress and Senate and also the President (both Obama and Trump) to facilitate such behaviour at the expense of the public. I wonder what level of fatalities will be achieved as these interests manipulate government to prevent control. Judging from the food industry, there is probably no level of harm that cannot be tolerated and protected.

It's oky to continue to imprison users and small time dealers on the streets. It's a bit tiresome to charge the middle class professionals feeding them their supplies. It is not even conceivable to control the distributors, wholesalers and manufacturers, the ones turning countless minor - and potentially fatal transactions into multi million dollar profits. Those guys can change the law to make it more convenient. And there is no control either over their use of money to corrupt politicians and law enforcement staff.

The USA is not too big to self destruct and this is the way to go about it. Talk about a snake eating its own tail ffs.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
16 Oct 17

Originally posted by @finnegan
Fascinating and disturbing material to read, right to its closing lines.

Seems it's okay to kill citizens in the name of profit and it's okay for Congress and Senate and also the President (both Obama and Trump) to facilitate such behaviour at the expense of the public. I wonder what level of fatalities will be achieved as these interests manipulate ...[text shortened]... o self destruct and this is the way to go about it. Talk about a snake eating its own tail ffs.
Man has shown his propensity toward slavery; he repeatedly forgets that there is just as much freedom 'for' as there is freedom 'from,' falls right into the trap as seen throughout history.

E

Moves
16 Oct 17

If we rejected communist rooted socialized medicine, this would be a non issue.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Oct 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @eladar
Ok, show us your vision. You kill 'socialized medicine' and replace it with what, total free market? So you do that, exactly how do you go about policing companies who could give a shyte less about the number of people killed as long as they keep adding billions to their coffers?

What do you think about the controls now in place for big tobacco? Do you remember the congressional hearings on that where big tobacco execs tried to claim tobacco was not addicting?

The EXACT same thing happened with big pharm, execs claiming Oxycodon and such are not addictive. And congress, getting a LOT of money through the back door, fell over and played dead.

Exactly how will that be different under your incredible plan?

Did you actually watch the video? Or just make assumptions like you claim we do in science.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
16 Oct 17

Clarify please the communist nature of the way these drug companies pursue profit at the expense of public health.

w

Moves
16 Oct 17

We need to find all of the script mills and get a collect ...[text shortened]... ama signed it into law. 200,000 people dead so far. I guess that number will double under Trump.
Those you can't abort you try to kill with drugs.

It will help fight global warming and pollution and help protect all those valuable resources.

Soon with the advent of AI and robotics, they won't even need human slave labor anymore.

w

Moves
16 Oct 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @freakykbh
Man has shown his propensity toward slavery; he repeatedly forgets that there is just as much freedom 'for' as there is freedom 'from,' falls right into the trap as seen throughout history.
But...but...but...democracy will save us! (edit:: that is, only votes for the DNC)

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
16 Oct 17

Why?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Oct 17

Originally posted by @shavixmir
Why?
So far no reply to three of us posing the same question.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
16 Oct 17

So far no reply to three of us posing the same question.
Well, I for one am very much anticipating his argument. It’ll be a cracker!

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
16 Oct 17

Originally posted by @shavixmir
Why?
The random combination of key words in arbitray sequences that appear to match the rules of grammar is not to be mistaken for the expression of a considered opinion or a meaningful thought. At best, what is to be considered is not the content but the almost musical communication of a tone, a flavour, a loose association with prevailing attitudes. When several voices are able to perform this display in unison as when whodey and Eladar both contribute to the one thread, one has the experience of a herd, a flock, a gaggle, a buzzing hive, enriched perhaps with an occasional shriek from Wajoma or some other ally. It is increasingly not necessary for their comments to have any content at all, since we can readily identify from the merest post modern hints that they are in mutual agreement with each other and in shared opposition to some caricature of a perceived threat. The shock of a fact, the abberration of a reasoned argument, the horror of an informed opinion, all must be rejected with a blah and a droning whine which slowly descends the scale from hysteria to boredom, their preferred state, in which they finally feel safe.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
16 Oct 17

I bet you could tell us what that post even means.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
16 Oct 17

Originally posted by @finnegan
I bet you could tell us what that post even means.
Loosely, a king can--- and often does--- become a prisoner in his own castle; owns everything, is owned by everything.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
16 Oct 17

Loosely, a king can--- and often does--- become a prisoner in his own castle; owns everything, is owned by everything.
Very profound and your point is ...?