1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 02:54
    @cheesemaster said
    Basically we argue until 2024.

Y'all said Trump couldn't possibly win in 2016.
    The whole world said that.
    Well he won.
    Re-election is irrelevant.

A Biden win is a pause on the chaos.

2024 is bigger than ever 😏

I've got 147 fake votes ready....
    I think Democrats would be as thrilled to have someone with the last name Trump as the GOP's nominee in 2024 as Republicans would have been in 2020 if the Democrats had run Hillary again.
  2. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 02:581 edit
    @no1marauder said
    I think Democrats would be as thrilled to have someone with the last name Trump as the GOP's nominee in 2024 as Republicans would have been in 2020 if the Democrats had run Hillary again.
    True...right now that would work.

I am assuming the Dems take the Senate and we have 4 years of leftist radical spending and programs.

You might see a repub voter backlash in 2024.

If the Repubs keep the Senate now and in 2022 then Biden will have a calm presidency and 2024 may well be two new candidates and we move on...

Hopefully.
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 05:412 edits
    @mchill said
    His lawsuits have failed. The state election recounts have changed nothing. More and more states are certifying their election results. The transition of power has begun.

-Donald Trump has lost to Joe Biden-

What will the GOP look and sound like after 2020? Will Trump remain a powerful voice within the GOP? Will his legal and financial woes catch up with him? Will this ...[text shortened]... n a far different direction than that of Ronald Reagan. What is the future of the GOP?

Thoughts?
    Once this is over, trump will disappear from the public eye.

He will blame everything and everyone. He will not admit defeat (certainly not to himself, and any public admission of defeat will be along the lines: “their fault, stolen, rigged, if this is what you want, this is what you get, I wash my hands of your troubles.” ) and he will fortify his ego somewhere safe for himself.

He’s a narcist. It’s what they do.
    Unless there’s a 100% chance of him winning, he will not run again in 2024.
    He may say he will. But he’ll have better things to do when push comes to shove.

What he will do is construct a story (for himself) about why he won and that his people failed the American public who love him. And that they’re not worth investing in again.

Basically creating a narration which protects his ego.
  4. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 05:441 edit
    @shavixmir

Yep...

And y'all be blaming Trump for Biden failures.

Just like y'all blamed Bush for NObama failures.

Round and round we go 🙄
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 19:27
    @cheesemaster said
    @shavixmir

Yep...

And y'all be blaming Trump for Biden failures.

Just like y'all blamed Bush for NObama failures.

Round and round we go 🙄
    No. They'll be blaming trump for destroying the US image abroad and they'll be blaming the republicans for falling for his idiocy.

The GOP have shot themselves in the foot and it is going to bleed for many years to come.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 22:541 edit
    @mchill said
    His lawsuits have failed. The state election recounts have changed nothing. More and more states are certifying their election results. The transition of power has begun.

-Donald Trump has lost to Joe Biden-

What will the GOP look and sound like after 2020? Will Trump remain a powerful voice within the GOP? Will his legal and financial woes catch up with him? Will this ...[text shortened]... n a far different direction than that of Ronald Reagan. What is the future of the GOP?

Thoughts?
    I wonder if things in America need to get a lot worse before they can get better.

I see Trump is “pardoning” his friends now.
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 23:38
    The GOP was having a civil war during the 2016 election, and this was never fully resolved.

However, I am surprised as anyone that Sens. Lindsay Graham & Ted Cruz have stuck by the President through thick and thin in the fight for the White House so far. I think it is also the case that something like 40 Republican Senators are still holding out on this. I've honestly been surprised by their loyalty -- and I think that this will allow the populist right to still vote R in good faith for the coming future.

The real issues being faced are things like demographic change. The GOP voting base is largely shifting away -- of course, there have been indicators that the Hispanic vote has become a bit more pro-GOP, and even that a Trumpesque type message resonates well with them. So, it is maybe the case that the GOP will actually head to more clear ideas of populism. Yet, these Republical latinos honestly tend to show up as somewhere between 25-40% of Latinos -- it's really not a big number.

As whites become a minority in America, the GOP will increasingly just become home to moderate Democrats, and the Democrats will shift further left.
  8. S. Korea
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 23:41
    @divegeester said
    I wonder if things in America need to get a lot worse before they can get better.

I see Trump is “pardoning” his friends now.
    He pardoned Flynn -- wasn't he the first person ever to be prosecuted under the Logan act? It has been called a travesty by many people, a bizarre instance of legal warfare to further partisan politics.

I do not really mind.

He pardoned Stone, as well, but Stone's biggest crimes were really almost nothing. He told people he knew to not testify against him in a perjury case in the middle of a witch hunt... Does that really deserve three years in jail? I guess you can argue that it does, but something tells me that many people who do so will otherwise be relatively soft on crime when compared to their conservative counterparts.

It's just being partisan.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree