1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 23:051 edit
    His lawsuits have failed. The state election recounts have changed nothing. More and more states are certifying their election results. The transition of power has begun.

-Donald Trump has lost to Joe Biden-

What will the GOP look and sound like after 2020? Will Trump remain a powerful voice within the GOP? Will his legal and financial woes catch up with him? Will this 70+ year old, obese man be with us much longer? Donald Trump has pulled the GOP in a far different direction than that of Ronald Reagan. What is the future of the GOP?

Thoughts?
  2. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 23:08
    I think both parties are going to be extinct soon.

Has Trump said anything about 2024?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Nov '20 23:34
    The GOP is at a point of no return. Someone like Bob Dole or John McCain can never again be chosen to lead them. It's going to be people like Tucker Carlson from here on out.

A third political party needs to rise up and replace the GOP. As long as they exist, the U.S. will always be held back from progressing, whether it's with racism, climate change, science in general, income inequality, whatever, the GOP needs to die. I don't mean it needs to change; it needs to end.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 00:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 00:32
    @Duchess64

Nationalism is on the rise worldwide.
    GOP will be right wing.
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 00:32
    @mchill - His lawsuits have failed.

That was the battle plan. Now he appeals.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 00:36
    The GOP is a do-nothing party. They cannot even play a good role blocking the expansionist liberal agenda.

And they have no one that can lead.
  8. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 00:491 edit
    Traditional American Nationalist Party 🤔

It could work...
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 01:01
    @earl-of-trumps said
    The GOP is a do-nothing party. They cannot even play a good role blocking the expansionist liberal agenda.

Blocking is almost all they know how to do. They blocked every move of Obama for six years.

They and Trump also managed to block the Census this year. Closed it down early.
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 02:242 edits
    @earl-of-trumps said

The reality is that conservatism is shrinking and liberalism is rising.
    Advances in human progress, social, technological, business or otherwise is outpacing traditionalism.
    In a nutshell, the human species is dynamic, not static.
    Conservatism, driven in large part by religious forces, has always been in fear of change that comes with advancement.

It is no surprise that it is the GOP that has to engage in voter manipulation tactics like gerrymandering and kneecapping USPS.
    To suppress the liberal vote.
    And don't kid yourself, Trump's increase in the popular vote is not due to an expansion of his base.
    It is just the result of milking every last drop of his voter turnout from his desperate road show in the last week of the campaign, and to hell with the COVID risks.
    Trump's base is maxed out !!
  11. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 02:29
    @mghrn55

Awesome!

You're the one who has to explain to your daughter why the neighbor Mr. Wilson is wearing a dress.

Not me.

Go liberalism!

The fruitcakes of the world 🤗
  12. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 02:331 edit
    @mghrn55 said
    Advances in human progress, social, technological, business or otherwise is outpacing traditionalism.
    Conservatism, driven in large part by religious forces, has always been in fear of change that comes with advancement.

It is no surprise that ...[text shortened]... ow in the last week of the campaign, and to hell with the COVID risks.
    Actually...

Nationalism is rising worldwide faster than your pathetic liberalism.
    Countries all over the world are siding with their own.

The liberal stain is a north american phenomenon.
    Which will backlash.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 02:40
    @mghrn55 said

It is no surprise that ...[text shortened]... ow in the last week of the campaign, and to hell with the COVID risks.
    The biggest surprise in this election cycle was Susan Collins not only winning when every poll had her losing (some by close margins true) but by almost 10% in a State Biden won handily.

I think this suggests that there is still some possibility of a retrenched GOP rejecting the extreme white nationalism that Trump championed. Collins was hardly supportive of such rhetoric.

Loeffler's runoff will be an interesting test of whether Trumpism can survive in a State that is shifting ideologically.
  14. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 02:44
    ...and the Dems lost seats in the house...🙄

Back and forth like always.
  15. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    25 Nov '20 02:48
    Basically we argue until 2024.

Y'all said Trump couldn't possibly win in 2016.
    The whole world said that.
    Well he won.
    Re-election is irrelevant.

A Biden win is a pause on the chaos.

2024 is bigger than ever 😏

I've got 147 fake votes ready....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree