2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 May '22 02:22
    @capacrapa said
    #1 My body My choice!!

#2 Vaccinations should be Mandatory!!

Kinda an oxymoron no? 🤔
    Mandatory vaccinations have been around since the 1850s. Assuming you're not old AF, you've already received mandatory vaccinations for diseases like Polio.

Are you saying we should stop making those vaccinations mandatory?
  3. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    21 May '22 02:281 edit
    @capacrapa said
    #1 My body My choice!!

Kinda an oxymoron no? 🤔
    I don't know much about oxy,
    but I know a moron when I see one.
  4. Joined
    10 May '22
    Moves
    21 May '22 02:43
    Y'all is twisted.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 03:33
    @capacrapa said
    #1 My body My choice!!

Kinda an oxymoron no? 🤔
    Why can't you keep a persona for more than a month?

Is it the only way you can get out from under all the BS you spread?
  6. Joined
    10 May '22
    Moves
    21 May '22 03:50
    @suzianne said
    Why can't you keep a persona for more than a month?

Is it the only way you can get out from under all the BS you spread?
    I don't know who you think I am but it seems you have a fatuation with me. 🤔

Kinda hot 🔥
  7. Joined
    04 May '22
    Moves
    21 May '22 04:201 edit
    @CapaCrapa😀

Okay. I agree that requiring a recently fertilized human ovum to be vaccinated seems beyond the pale.
  8. Joined
    10 May '22
    Moves
    21 May '22 04:53
    A what?

Speak plainly good sir! (British accent)
  9. Joined
    04 May '22
    Moves
    21 May '22 05:19
    @CapaCrapa

I forgot the /s. But were there words you didn't comprehend?
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 05:412 edits
    @vivify said
    Mandatory vaccinations have been around since the 1850s. Assuming you're not old AF, you've already received mandatory vaccinations for diseases like Polio.

Technically that is not true. There were exemptions for those vaccines back then. That means they were compulsory, not mandatory. The smallpox vaccine was compulsory because you could have paid a fine as an option back then. The Affordable Health Care Act is also compulsory, not mandatory.

Most covid vaccines (all of them approved in the USA) do not prevent the spread of the SARS2 virus. That means it is a treatment, not a real vaccine. There is no legal precedent for compulsory treatments that do not prevent infection, making herd immunity impossible. There is also no legal precedent for compulsory treatments that use gene therapy technology.

You are making false comparisons promoted by big pharma and the corporate news media. Stop regurgitating propaganda.
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 May '22 06:34
    @metal-brain said
    Technically that is not true. There were exemptions for those vaccines back then. That means they were compulsory, not mandatory. The smallpox vaccine was compulsory because you could have paid a fine as an option back then. The Affordable Health Care Act is also compulsory, not mandatory.

Most covid vaccines (all of them approved in the USA) do not prevent the spread ...[text shortened]... alse comparisons promoted by big pharma and the corporate news media. Stop regurgitating propaganda.
    “compulsory is used especially in the contexts of education, business, and employment. Mandatory is used especially in the context of the law. Obligatory is often used to talk about rules and laws relating to safety, for example in sport or the workplace.”

- Oxford Learner's Thesaurus -

So, technically they mean the same, they’re just used in different situations.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 07:25
    @shavixmir said
    “compulsory is used especially in the contexts of education, business, and employment. Mandatory is used especially in the context of the law. Obligatory is often used to talk about rules and laws relating to safety, for example in sport or the workplace.”

- Oxford Learner's Thesaurus -

So, technically they mean the same, they’re just used in different situations.
    Not true.
    The irony is that "especially" is not mandatory in the context you are using.

People are just in the habit of calling something compulsory mandatory. I can see that being justified in certain situations. If a fine costs more than health insurance I would argue that is mandatory even though you do have the option of refusing insurance, but vaccines are different. There are exemptions to vaccines and in my state of Michigan you can get an exemption for any personal reason.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/10/12/michigan-vaccine-law/759096001/
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 May '22 11:001 edit
    @vivify said

No,....you miss his point. To me, he is speaking of freedom. A difficult concept for libs. Your sheets must be a mess.
    Just yesterday, I asked the question, Should my neighbor ask me to pay for his daughter's abortion. Kev, instead of answering the question, wrote back 'what if the daughter had been impregnated by (my) son!?! What? He changes the scenario. And here we see it again in this thread. Help.......
    Classic lib response, and even here, vivify et all fail to get the gist of his oxymoron question.
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 May '22 11:17
    @metal-brain said

Most covid vaccines (all of them approved in the USA) do not prevent the spread ...[text shortened]... alse comparisons promoted by big pharma and the corporate news media. Stop regurgitating propaganda.
    By your own explanation, COVID vaccines are also not mandatory.
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    21 May '22 12:03
    @vivify said

1. My body my choice.

2. Experimental drugs mandatory.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree